[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I Have a Situation

Tripper

Guy in my league said his wife was going to participate this season with her own team. She didn't show up to the draft. He drafts twice one for him and one for her. Her team is really good and might win. It's early and anything could happen, but is this fair? He did the same thing last season and she didn't show up to the draft then either. He's real good friends with the commish. Something might be at play here.

Last year did his wife end up actually participating? As long as he doesn't make any trades between his team and her's while he is still in control of hers it shouldn't be a problem.

Agreed.

Last year did his wife end up actually participating? As long as he doesn't make any trades between his team and her's while he is still in control of hers it shouldn't be a problem.

That's the thing we never know if she's controlling the team or not because she's never at the drafts. I figured it was just weird that he has 2 accounts.

Edited by Tripper

A GM can not draft 2 teams. Simple.

A GM can assist if necessary but not fully draft 2 teams. Curious to know how far apart their draft slots were.

We did it random. I had second pick and drafted a decent team. I wasn't going to complain to the commish until she beat me but I texted him today anyway. He acted like it was no big deal and told me it was his wife's team. The commish likes him a lot so maybe he's letting him do it for friendship points.

Yea that's crap. He sounds like a dick and he can easily leave players on the board for his team

Yea it was weird. He didn't say his wife wasn't going to show until we all arrived at the bar to draft. This shouldn't happen again though. Although the commish is going to defend him at all costs. I might have to bring it up to the whole league next year.

I mean, what kind of league is this (i.e. are y'all playing for money or just bragging rights)? If there is something legit at stake, then I don't think him running 2 teams is fair and he should give up control of his wife's team to someone else, whether there are trades between them or not.

If y'all are just a group of friends playing for the hell of it, then let it slide.

• Like 1

A good league and commish will protect the integrity of the league by having rules set even outside of the standard rules setup on any website that outlines this type of stuff (majority of leagues go over the rules especially before the draft begins to make sure everyone agrees to what is in place)..like one team per GM, trading, vetos/voting, including showing up for a live draft and drafting your own team (you must be present and you must make your own picks even if someone is willing to help you). Most of which is common sense, but like anything if it looks fishy, smells fishy, sounds fishy, it is.

Good friend or not of the commish, if my friend is doing something to ruin the integrity of my league I'm giving that a$$hole a talking to, because his actions reflect back onto me and make me look bad.. Commish defends his friend but then takes care of it properly and addresses it in the league that an issue arose and it was dealt with and won't happen again (not behind the scenes).

• Like 1

I mean, what kind of league is this (i.e. are y'all playing for money or just bragging rights)? If there is something legit at stake, then I don't think him running 2 teams is fair and he should give up control of his wife's team to someone else, whether there are trades between them or not.

If y'all are just a group of friends playing for the hell of it, then let it slide.

We all put in 30 dollars and play for a pot of $300. There are 10 of us. Nobody else said anything or had the balls to say anything.

A good league and commish will protect the integrity of the league by having rules set even outside of the standard rules setup on any website that outlines this type of stuff (majority of leagues go over the rules especially before the draft begins to make sure everyone agrees to what is in place)..like one team per GM, trading, vetos/voting, including showing up for a live draft and drafting your own team (you must be present and you must make your own picks even if someone is willing to help you). Most of which is common sense, but like anything if it looks fishy, smells fishy, sounds fishy, it is.

Good friend or not of the commish, if my friend is doing something to ruin the integrity of my league I'm giving that a$$hole a talking to, because his actions reflect back onto me and make me look bad.. Commish defends his friend but then takes care of it properly and addresses it in the league that an issue arose and it was dealt with and won't happen again (not behind the scenes).

This is what needs to exactly happen in my league. We have all known each other since high school and it would be a shame for me to leave the league and not talk to a bunch of guys who I've known for so long. However, we don't hang out with each other on a regular basis and this isn't the only league many of the other guys play. I'm just pissed because this is the only league I'm playing and it's corrupt. I definitely need to contact other members and get their take on the situation. I just didn't want to start being the bad guy and potentially get ousted.

I just got word that his wife was taking care of his sick son so maybe I won't say anything. It's a weird thing when two people love each other and live together and are in the same league. There's room for collusion in those situations.

Edited by Tripper