[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Can my roster be corrected after week one?

MikeM789

Our commissioner mistakenly(?) set my roster up with a Defense that I hadn't drafted. I'm new to Fantasy enough that I didn't notice it until after the Thursday night game and I would have beat his team in a first week matchup if I had the Denver Defense that I had drafted (instead of the Browns Defense he 'gave' me).

Is there anyway where a Commissioner can change my roster to what it should have been prior to the season opening weekend?

Thanks for your advice.

I was pleased to note that all of my position players were correct, but didn't notice that the Defense wasn't correct until mid-way through the Thursday game. I'll chalk up the oversight to my own inexperience.

I have some circumstantial evidence that I made that pick with the best one being that none of the eight other teams picked Denver despite their #5 ranking in the league.

I'm most interested to hear if we can 'amend' the roster after the start of the season. I'm willing to just live with it but I wanted to know if there is a solution.

Thnks

I was pleased to note that all of my position players were correct, but didn't notice that the Defense wasn't correct until mid-way through the Thursday game. I'll chalk up the oversight to my own inexperience.

I have some circumstantial evidence that I made that pick with the best one being that none of the eight other teams picked Denver despite their #5 ranking in the league.

I'm most interested to hear if we can 'amend' the roster after the start of the season. I'm willing to just live with it but I wanted to know if there is a solution.

Thnks

sounds like you wanted the option of playing "the better of the two defenses" in an attempt to exploit an error by the commish.....I could be wrong, but it just seems too convenient that you just realized after the fact....

• Like 1

sounds like you wanted the option of playing "the better of the two defenses" in an attempt to exploit an error by the commish.....I could be wrong, but it just seems too convenient that you just realized after the fact....

No. Read it again.

He drafted Denver, didn't draft Cleveland, which is the D he was given.

I find it hard to have any sympathy for you as when you submitted your starting lineup you selected the Browns as your defense. If there is a record that you drafted Denver I think you should be allowed to add them to your roster but you should not be allowed to insert them into your week 1 lineup for the win. This is something that any owner that was paying attention would have caught when he was submitting his lineup.

• Like 3

Disagree.

He should have, but didn't. The ownership is on the commish for giving him the wrong defense to start with. That's the first issue before an owner's mistake.

Poster says he's new, he made a mistake, but you can't tell me that a person should be forced to play a team he never drafted, or so he says.

Disagree.

He should have, but didn't. The ownership is on the commish for giving him the wrong defense to start with. That's the first issue before an owner's mistake.

Poster says he's new, he made a mistake, but you can't tell me that a person should be forced to play a team he never drafted, or so he says.

When the owner set Cleveland has his starting line up and left them in his starting line up until after the Denver and/or Cleveland game had been played he gave up his chance for correction. The owner must assume responsibility for his action of setting Cleveland has his starting defense. There is no way you can allow him to see the scores and pick the one that works best to his advantage.

When the owner set Cleveland has his starting line up and left them in his starting line up until after the Denver and/or Cleveland game had been played he gave up his chance for correction. The owner must assume responsibility for his action of setting Cleveland has his starting defense. There is no way you can allow him to see the scores and pick the one that works best to his advantage.

How do you know he set it? Is he in your league? What I know is what he posted - you assume too much.

You are one of those guys that would love to find ways to punish people instead of find a solution that makes sense.

You can't force an owner to play a team they didn't draft...or so he says.

Edited by gilthorp
  • Like 1

If CLE was given to him by mistake and inserted into the starting LU automatically --- which does happen bybdefault on some sites-- it should be changed. Assuming there's a record of him not drafting CLE -- which there should be

If CLE was given to him by mistake and HE inserted it into his LU then he should be stuck with it.

Bonehead move all around lol

How do you know he set it? Is he in your league? What I know is what he posted - you assume too much.

You are one of those guys that would love to find ways to punish people instead of find a solution that makes sense.

You can't force an owner to play a team they didn't draft...or so he says.

Totally agree Grits and some others are being real hard asses here. They guy says he drafted the DEN defense and ended up with Cleveland. What he should have done is really a moot point, that would be to notify the commish ASAP "this is wrong, I didn't draft them, I did this, lets get it corrected". We draft on Tuesday before the season starts using a big draft board with stickers. I take that home and enter it into the site, then send out a notice "Rosters entered check yours" if we are notified of a mistake we consult the board and correct if it was my entry. If not we need some compelling evidence to dispute the sticker placed on the draft board. Oh and when I enter the rosters the players are drafted are inserted into your starting line-up (CBS) as I enter them. I may not enter them in draft order, I'm just reading names from the draft board (usually in a group by position) and checking them off.

To answer his actual question, can the roster be corrected, it can and most certainly should be if it can be proven he drafted DEN-D (not CLE-D). If not for week 1, it can be corrected going forward. And the score can/should be corrected for week 1 also, preferrably before results become final (usually Tuesday AM).

All we have to go on is what the guy is telling us. All of you who are writing your consipiracy theorems on what you think happened offered nothing to this discussion, except "too bad you're screwed."

Yes it is up to every owner to check their rosters after they are entered and check their line-up before the first game. And the first course of action is talk to your commish ASAP. But this problem was a result of somebody else making a mistake, so cut him some slack.

I find it hard to have any sympathy for you as when you submitted your starting lineup you selected the Browns as your defense. If there is a record that you drafted Denver I think you should be allowed to add them to your roster but you should not be allowed to insert them into your week 1 lineup for the win. This is something that any owner that was paying attention would have caught when he was submitting his lineup.

Agree. And to answer your question, the leagues I've played in allow the commish to make roster changes after the draft.

They guy says he drafted the DEN defense and ended up with Cleveland. What he should have done is really a moot point, that would be to notify the commish ASAP "this is wrong, I didn't draft them, I did this, lets get it corrected".

Bingo. Not a couple days after the game was played.

• Like 1

Totally agree Grits and some others are being real hard asses here. They guy says he drafted the DEN defense and ended up with Cleveland. What he should have done is really a moot point, that would be to notify the commish ASAP "this is wrong, I didn't draft them, I did this, lets get it corrected". We draft on Tuesday before the season starts using a big draft board with stickers. I take that home and enter it into the site, then send out a notice "Rosters entered check yours" if we are notified of a mistake we consult the board and correct if it was my entry. If not we need some compelling evidence to dispute the sticker placed on the draft board. Oh and when I enter the rosters the players are drafted are inserted into your starting line-up (CBS) as I enter them. I may not enter them in draft order, I'm just reading names from the draft board (usually in a group by position) and checking them off.

To answer his actual question, can the roster be corrected, it can and most certainly should be if it can be proven he drafted DEN-D (not CLE-D). If not for week 1, it can be corrected going forward. And the score can/should be corrected for week 1 also, preferrably before results become final (usually Tuesday AM).

All we have to go on is what the guy is telling us. All of you who are writing your consipiracy theorems on what you think happened offered nothing to this discussion, except "too bad you're screwed."

Yes it is up to every owner to check their rosters after they are entered and check their line-up before the first game. And the first course of action is talk to your commish ASAP. But this problem was a result of somebody else making a mistake, so cut him some slack.

I think he should get his Defense back but the week 1 lineup should not be altered

• Like 1