[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Fair Trade? I'm commish

hwzdavu

New guy in our league drafted 4 QBs (Big Ben, Peyton Mannning, Bradford, and Brady). Let me first point out we are in a competitive league and in no way is this how the rest of the owners are.

Anyway, we can only start 1 QB in this league and this guy only scored 65 points in the first week and this is a PPR league.

I am commish and one guy offered this guy 2 different trades, but the guy accepted them both.

Let me know what you think? I already have one guy saying to veto the Brady trade.

Tom Brady for James Jones

-and-

Sam Bradford for Melvin Gordan

i really dont see anything wrong with either of them..the dude has 4 qbs..id be trying to trade one of them too. and JJ isnt a bad wr for Brady. Bradford has the potential to be good, and Gordon is a rookie in a rbbc. i dont see anything wrong with these neither are overly lopsided. plus collusion is different than someone getting a good trade, and this doesnt seem to be the case.

i would not veto these.

• Like 1

Im in a similar scenario in a league that I commish. There is an owner in this league that currently has Rodgers, Brady, Flacco, and Cutler. He is attempting to "corner" the market as well. But in a much less effective way, as his asking price for Brady is of the WR1 or RB1 range... So basically his fishing led to me getting an extraordinary amount of emails complaining about him...

Basically, corenering the market on any position is nothing new. So I don't see it as "Snake-ish" just risky, because obviously the player is only worth what the neediest owner is WILLING to pay.

• Like 1

Is this new? No, it's not. But it's snake-ish because nobody needs 4 QBs (of that caliber) on his/her team; especially at the draft. The only reason you do it is for bargaining chips later as you know someone will ultimately need one of them. Drafting 2 top QBs is fine, you can play match-ups, use one as trade bait, etc. But really, anything more is just crap IMO.

Like I stated earlier, the value of these players are only what the others in the league are willing to parlay in exchange. If he drafted those players, then he obviously felt that he could get more of a return later on their value, then what he saw on the draft board. There isn't anything in fantasy football saying that you cant do this. If you don't want people to horde a position then set a more limited amount of roster spots available to said position. When he was drafting those QBs he was most likely missing out on some pretty valuable depth in key positons. Would i employ this strategy? NOPE. But who am I to tell someone how to live their life (or manage their fantasy team!).

Tom Brady for James Jones isn't a fair trade but the other one is fine

It may not be "fair" on paper - but by NO means warrants a veto. It's not the commissioners job to manage and make sure every trade is balanced. If it were Tom Brady for a 5th string WR or RB - yeah - but James Jones look every bit the part of an upper tier WR last week..

Thanks for your opinions. The only reason I brought it up was because two guys sent me an e-mail saying to veto the trade. The only one in question was the Brady for Jones trade, but Jones did get two 2TDs this week. Now the other guy has 3 QBs and one less WR and RB. I don't think he was expecting the guy to accept both offers.

Thanks again, these trades will not be vetoed.

Typically the guy that drafts four QB's to use as trade bait if the rest of the league is seasoned they will abolish trading with that guy and make him eat crow as he has a horrible starting lineup and a stack QB bench with scrubs forcing him to lose any advantage in limited waiver pickups, thanks for your money.. trading with him only feeds into this somehow working to his favor but usually doesn't. But either way you should not veto trades it should be avoided if at all possible unless as people mentioned there is obvious 'collusion'.

Edited by robotpimp