[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Latavius Murray

AX2RUN

Wont make a move for probably at least 2 more weeks to be sure, but after seeing Ameer Abdullah go off this week while on my bench I'm thinking about making him my RB2 over Latavius Murray. Murray didn't do BAD, especially considering that the Bengals defensive front is normally very tough to run against anyways. But Abdullah looks to be all he's been hyped up to be.

So my question is a 2 parter.

A. Would you trade Murray to improve a weaker position on your team or keep him on the bench?

B. If you were a team trading FOR Murray, whats the most you would give up for him?

(My RBs: Forte, Murray, Abdullah, Hillman. 12 man PPR league)

Edited by AX2RUN

My only dig on Murray is that people coming into the year weren't higher on him with all the 'upgrades' and hype surrounding Oakland coming into the season, like everyone was sorta on the wagon of this team could do some things this year they will have a 'respectable' offense but Murray (imho) didn't get a lot of that love.. I think he could command someone who is desperate for a borderline RB2/high end Flex AJ, Watkins (which is a the bust stage until proven different), Fitz, Decker, Moncrief, B.Coleman, Golden Tate, Maclin, maybe E.Sanders or Mike Evens (higher end), maybe even Amari Cooper.. I think you hold tight a couple of weeks and see if he gets going I believe he's talented enough to light it up vs a lower ranked run defense team and you are right getting the Bengals out of the gate doesn't help his value, it could go up pretty high pretty quick, although Balt this week won't help it much they are pretty tough as well.. I don't think the Raiders will get behind as quickly as they did with the Bengals so they should maintain running the ball boosting the opportunities of Murray. I don't think you want to sell yet as you said but also consider when bye weeks come you'll like to have that depth and options at RB. They claim they are not changing up Bell/Abdullah's role I think vs MN we could see another good performance with the rookie to make them reconsider that statement.

• Like 1

i'd probably hold on to him, it depends on your other positions, but I don't think you will get good value in return, it's funny I picked Abdullah ahead of murray( I had them neck and neck it my pre-season rankings) and immediately after the draft I was regretting it, this week made me feel a little better, I still think murray will have a good season though

• Like 1

You should absolutely bench Murray for Abdullah this week. As for trading him, no point in selling low I would wait until he has a favorable matchup and has a good game, going against baltimore this week nobodys going to want him for anything but 50 cents on the dollar. I think you can maybe get Maclin or someone like that if a team is hurting at RB

• Like 1