[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Well what's the play with "Gorumble" in San Diego?

IrishPride

Melvin Gordon = Gorumble ???

Shelved because he fumbled is what I noticed watching the game. I doubt they bench him for the season.

It was the first time I saw Brandon Oliver being used much by the Chargers this year, he got a lot work a year or two ago when Matthews was banged up. Bigger concern would be if they abandon the run for the most part, then you get tons of Woodhead catching the ball and far less use of Gordon.

PS SD coach McCoy specifically said after the game he was benched because of his 2 fumbles (lost one).

Melvin Gordon = Gorumble ???

Shelved because he fumbled is what I noticed watching the game. I doubt they bench him for the season.

The Average back in NFL carries the ball 15 to 20 times a game, that would be an avg. of a fumble a game? 78 carries and 4 fumbles, 3 of which they lost? Just thought 4 fumbles in such a short time would earn him some time on the pine not just the one game?

I think he is comparing the longer leash a young QB gets vs that of the young RB in general terms

Along those lines... there are usually a few other capable RBs on the roster that replace the rookie - in this case Woodhead and Oliver

The reason the rookie QB has a longer leash is because if they are starting him in the first place--- they likely don't have anyone of note behind them.

All that being said, Gordon got benched because he lost 2 fumbles in a close game. They aren't going to "shelf" him ....tho I would imagine his leash will be shorter until he gives the staff ample reason to lengthen it again.

Oliver is more than capable of filling in (tho in terms of fantasy has no real value) .... whether its to provide some sure hands....or to maybe "motivate" the rook to get his tacoe straight.

Just my 2 cents

Edited by doobwaa
  • Like 3