[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The Market

frenzal rhomb

Market is cyclical, and it only took a few years after it bottomed out in 2008-2009 before the gains were recaptured and even more. I'm also mid-40's and just riding it out. Actually wishing I had some more cash on hand to get in there over the next 6 months. Just don't sell at the bottom... missing the turnaround even by a day is disastrous. I feel for older investors at or in retirement that may not have been more conservatively invested.

I get angry at the media fanning the flames... Bear market, global economy, China, and oil are all serious topics, but I also feel there is a media frenzy trying to profit from people's fears.

Market is cyclical, and it only took a few years after it bottomed out in 2008-2009 before the gains were recaptured and even more. I'm also mid-40's and just riding it out. Actually wishing I had some more cash on hand to get in there over the next 6 months. Just don't sell at the bottom... missing the turnaround even by a day is disastrous. I feel for older investors at or in retirement that may not have been more conservatively invested.

I get angry at the media fanning the flames... Bear market, global economy, China, and oil are all serious topics, but I also feel there is a media frenzy trying to profit from people's fears.

well at least we're saving 10-12 bucks every time we gas up

You should come visit CT. Gas is still $2 a gallon, and the governor just proposed a .$14/gallon tax increase, tolls, and increased DMV fees to cover road improvements. State deficit is projected at $500mm at the moment. Meanwhile, GE is leaving the state for greener pastures in MA, which is a big chunk of tax revenue.

This kind of stuff at the local and state level is actually far more concerning to me than the market volatility. Hoping to relocate in the next few years.

You should come visit CT. Gas is still $2 a gallon, and the governor just proposed a .$14/gallon tax increase, tolls, and increased DMV fees to cover road improvements. State deficit is projected at $500mm at the moment. Meanwhile, GE is leaving the state for greener pastures in MA, which is a big chunk of tax revenue.

This kind of stuff at the local and state level is actually far more concerning to me than the market volatility. Hoping to relocate in the next few years.

I'm pretty sure PA has one of the highest - if not the high highest gas taxes in the country and even so we're under two bucks a gallon

Ahhh...the benefits of big government, cuz government knows best!

Try living in the UK. We pay the equivalent of $7 per gallon but I guess we don't have widespread tolls.