[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

DirecTV / NFL Sunday Ticket offers

Shorttynaz

1 hour ago, Bowman said:

What phone number are you guys using to get through to DirecTV reps? I've had DTV for years, and always had great luck with their customer service reps. But since AT&T bought them out every time I call in I get AT&T reps, which are absolutely horrid. I'm actually considering dropping DTV after 10 years because of AT&T.

Doesnt matter who you talk to,  just ask for a retention officer 

• Like 1

Problem with discounts is people get used to them.      And if the company was giving them than by all means you should try to get them.    But this is the problem they cause.   As word spreads more and more people expect them year after year.    Bed Bath and Beyond had the same problem because they would send those 20% off coupons via mass mailings.    Not many people would buy stuff their without the coupon and it eroded their profit margin year after year.     Also DTV needed you as a customer more than AT&T does.      Sorry you are not getting the discount that you have been used to getting.    

I used to have DTV with sunday ticket and would do this dance every year.     Finally canceled when my kids got a little older and I could not watch football as much anymore.  

On Tuesday, September 05, 2017 at 5:10 PM, Patriots said:

Problem with discounts is people get used to them.      And if the company was giving them than by all means you should try to get them.    But this is the problem they cause.   As word spreads more and more people expect them year after year.    Bed Bath and Beyond had the same problem because they would send those 20% off coupons via mass mailings.    Not many people would buy stuff their without the coupon and it eroded their profit margin year after year.     Also DTV needed you as a customer more than AT&T does.      Sorry you are not getting the discount that you have been used to getting.   

I used to have DTV with sunday ticket and would do this dance every year.     Finally canceled when my kids got a little older and I could not watch football as much anymore. 

If they just sold their products for a reasonable price to begin with they'd be better off, same for the average customer too. Long ago I came across a mail order business "we'll beat anybody's advertised price by $1", so you'd do the research, find the best price, then contact them with the proof and they'd take your order and undercut that price. In the meantime their list price on every product was way above most others advertised price, and they probably sold enough at the higher price to take less occassionally.

Looks like the max pkg is now 270 today, until midnight ?     

$44.99 in 6 payments $269.94 in 1 payment 
NFL Sunday Ticket MAX
NFL SUNDAY TICKET MAX 2017
Get every out-of-market game LIVE, every Sunday afternoon in HD on your TV, both Game Mix Channels, the Player Tracker, plus these premium features:
-RED ZONE CHANNEL® on your TV and your devices
-DIRECTV FANTASY ZONE Channel on your TV and your devices
-DIRECTV FANTASY ZONE 
-Stream every out-of-market game LIVE anywhere on your mobile/connected devices
-Short Cuts

• 11 months later...

Just worked my magic again....had to set up a cancelation date for a week from today after first 2 people didn’t want to help me at all.(AT&T has made it tough) So after I set up the cancelation date they transferred me to a third person.This lady immediately offered me NFL Sunday Ticket Max for free, another $55 off my bill for 12 months and a $200 visa gift card. Best deal I have ever gotten from them EVER and I have done this for 14 or 15 years now! 

called today.....  this year's dance found me minus $120/m for 12 months.  they did not give me ST but comped the max ($20ish),  so worked out to about 1500 off this year.  I have done better, but was ok with the end result.

14 hours ago, Bier Meister said:

called today.....  this year's dance found me minus $120/m for 12 months.  they did not give me ST but comped the max ($20ish),  so worked out to about 1500 off this year.  I have done better, but was ok with the end result.

Wat ?

This thread got me motivated to make my annual phone call.  

I went to straight up cancellation from the get go.  Got a hold a of a guy that did magic.  So a few weeks ago, I made a phone call to get my tv package down to 120ish bucks a month which includes all the channels (minus sports package).  Today,  I got an additional 45 bucks off and NFL ticket for free and removed 8 bucks.  Somehow, I pulled off the best deal ever with getting overall TV package to 73ish bucks a month.  That's all the channels like movie channels and such!!!

I just called and got a retention person (just kept saying retentions at each menu).  She seemed like she was just reading off a menu of what was available in the system she could offer.  No discounts for Sunday Ticket at all.  I did get $40 off my bill per month for 12 months(to go with the $40/month I'm already getting for re-signing with directv last year after cancelling for a year)  Also got $5 off HBO for 6 months.

I'll try again between now and week 2 (since week 1 is free) to see if there is a lower price on Sunday Ticket Max.  I really only watch the redzone channel and even though I net positive from the $40/month credit I still can't mentally justify $400 for one channel for 8 hours a week in football season.  Maybe I will change my mind when the season starts :unsure:

17 hours ago, Atlanta Cracker said:

I just called and got a retention person (just kept saying retentions at each menu).  She seemed like she was just reading off a menu of what was available in the system she could offer.  No discounts for Sunday Ticket at all.  I did get $40 off my bill per month for 12 months(to go with the $40/month I'm already getting for re-signing with directv last year after cancelling for a year)  Also got $5 off HBO for 6 months.

I'll try again between now and week 2 (since week 1 is free) to see if there is a lower price on Sunday Ticket Max.  I really only watch the redzone channel and even though I net positive from the $40/month credit I still can't mentally justify $400 for one channel for 8 hours a week in football season.  Maybe I will change my mind when the season starts :unsure:

Definitely call them back.  Just tell them you found a better deal with DishTV and feel bad about leaving their company but had to take the better deal.  Be nice/act like you care about the whoever you are talking to/etc..   

You have to be prepared to set up a cancellation for about a week out. Once this is done they immediately transfer you to what they call “the second tier of retention”. This is the person that will give you more than you even asked for in the first place to keep you as a customer. 

2 hours ago, BassMaster said:

I called yesterday and they told me no deals on the table at this time!  

Do the above.  My brother in-law just called and set up cancellation for Tuesday, September 11th.  He gave the reason that the Redzone is free on DirecTV for week 1, but after that he's moving to our local cable company as

(1) they are offering him the Redzone channel for $40 for the year, not $400 (forcing you to buy the ticket and the max package), and

(2) DirecTV doesn't offer the PAC-12 network.  For this reason he's leaving. 

He said the initial retention person offered him the Sunday Ticket for free (with the RedZone channel), but said he wanted to see if that was it.  He proceeded with the cancellation anyway.  They did just what others are reporting.  Instead of proceeding with his cancellation setup, they transferred him to a 2nd retention person who offered him a $200 Visa Gift Card, all the movie channels (HBO, Showtime, Cinemax) for 6 months, Sunday Ticket and the Redzone channel, and took $40/month off his bill for 12 months. 

2 minutes ago, BassMaster said:

In July I renewed ny contract for a year and they gave me $40 off too! So maybe that is why they have no  Sunday ticket deal for me - they have me hooked for a year!

I would still try - no need to truly go through with the cancellation - just call their bluff and proceed with it to see what they do to keep you.  If they set you up for cancellation, you'll get a call before your cancellation date hits.  If for whatever reason they don't call or offer you anything, you can call back before the shutoff date and cancel that - and then worst case try all over again. 

I just did my thing and I got a 12-month discount of $55 per month ($660/year) and RedZone channel thrown in for free.  They wouldn't give much of a discount for the full Sunday ticket, but in my house, the Red Zone is what is always on (for 8+ Sundays when we are not actually going to a home game).

They wouldn't honor the second year of free sunday ticket that I received for switching to AT&T a couple years ago.  They honored it last year.  Spent an hour on the phone with them only to get dumped over to AT&T Wireless First level support.  So i called them back an cancelled the ticket and every single other 'extra'.  Didn't want to go all in with cancellation because NFL is about to start, and I didn't want to cut my nose to spite my face.

Once I get a line on another provider (Dish probably) - I need to see how they handle wireless transmission, I'll call DTV next week to officially cancel.  Too busy to do it today.  We'll see if I get anywhere with retention at that point.  if not, fuggem.  An 18 year subscriber will walk away.

Next.  Fire AT&T.

Edited by CowboysDiehard

On 8/28/2018 at 12:58 PM, BassMaster said:

In July I renewed ny contract for a year and they gave me $40 off too! So maybe that is why they have no  Sunday ticket deal for me - they have me hooked for a year!

I renewed in July with same discount and still got it later on.

You have to set up cancellation.  Manipulate it to get a retention person on.   Really go through the motions.  At the end, they gave me pretty much everything.