[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

DirecTV / NFL Sunday Ticket offers

Shorttynaz

1 hour ago, indyrckstar said:

You have to set up cancellation.  Manipulate it to get a retention person on.   Really go through the motions.  At the end, they gave me pretty much everything.

This!! 

Edited by Shorttynaz

The best offer I got on my first cancel call was $60 off for 12 months.  I was told that was the absolute best they could do.  Set up cancellation date.  Called today, got the original offer + 16.50 off each of 6 Sunday Ticket max payment + $5 off my SHO and $5 HBO for 6 months + free Cinemax for 6 months.  Total savings = $880 + Cinemax.   Stick with the plan and it will pay off.  Thanks all!

Man they are tough!!  I called today and they told me that the best they could give me for the Sunday Ticket was 6 payments of $36 bucks! I told them that I would be canceling my direct tv and she said sorry you feel that way can I set  up a cancellation date for you!  They called my bluff!  In July when I renewed they did give me $40 bucks off my bill too!

1 hour ago, BassMaster said:

Man they are tough!!  I called today and they told me that the best they could give me for the Sunday Ticket was 6 payments of $36 bucks! I told them that I would be canceling my direct tv and she said sorry you feel that way can I set  up a cancellation date for you!  They called my bluff!  In July when I renewed they did give me $40 bucks off my bill too!

Dude.  Call their bluff back.  Set up a cancellation date for 2 weeks out.  Tell them youre going with your local cable company and they can't come out to install for 2 weeks. AT&T or DirecTV will call you within that two-week Span in offer you the world to change your mind. If they do not simply call back and cancel your cancellation date. Try the whole process over again.

Signed up today after several weekly calls, got the best offer yet. They started @$65, went to $49. 99, then $49.49 ,then to $48.99 over 4 wks.
I took the wk. 1 offer of $36.74. May have saved a few bucks waiting longer, but wasn't worth it to me.

6 payments of $36.74 for NFL Ticket max. or 220.44

Is there any way to just get the Red Zone channel?  I plan on calling them sometime this week.  I have done this game a couple times - successfully mind you - so I'm hoping I can do it again.  I don't need ALL the games though.  I am content with just leaving it on RZC.

All the Millennials are just streaming the games and RZC for free off of the Reddit "NFL Streams" thread.  And they're using the savings to buy avocado toast.  Damn kids!  Only a card carrying member of the Communist Party would eat avocado toast.  I've heard that the "Buff Streams" links on the Reddit thread are especially good quality.  But I wouldn't know because I would never do anything like that because I'm not an avocado-toast-eating-Communist.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, darin3 said:

Is there any way to just get the Red Zone channel?  I plan on calling them sometime this week.  I have done this game a couple times - successfully mind you - so I'm hoping I can do it again.  I don't need ALL the games though.  I am content with just leaving it on RZC.

Every year I end up getting it for free, and every year I tell them I don't care if you give me the $389 NFL ticket package. I don't want it and I do not watch it. All I want is channel 703. Only one year were they offering that as a ala carte package to which I still got it for free

20 hours ago, darin3 said:

Yes there is.  In my annual call to haggle over Sunday ticket (as well as other discounts for the overpriced Directv) they refused to go lower than $48/month on top of the $65/month discount they gave me for the rest of my programming. I said that if that's the best they could do then I'd be cancelling my service, immediately after which they added a free Red Zone channel for the season.  So they do have the ability and authority to do so.

• 2 weeks later...

It took an escalation from my brother-in-law (a Cricket exec) to the office of the president of AT&T, but I just received a call back and DTV will honor the second year of the deal for switching to AT&T wireless (Sunday Ticket Max Free this year) and I got $30 off per month on top of that for the next 12 months for my trouble.  It's good to have family in high places! 

Edited by CowboysDiehard
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, buddahj said:

I actually just signed up with a streaming service for $30 for the 1st year. I get over 200 channels, including redzone, every nfl game, MLB game pass, NBA TV, NHL TV, and PPVs. 

$30 for the whole year?, or per month?, who ???

1 hour ago, slambo said:

$30 for the whole year?, or per month?, who ???

33 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

Its got to be per month, but even then its a ton of content, and every NFL game sounds like some sort of Sunday Ticket.

www.nflsportstv.com

Resized_Screenshot_20180916-145142.jpeg

35 minutes ago, slambo said:

Read a disturbing review about this service I would be wary. 

https://www.trustpilot.com/review/nflsportstv.com

I'll keep an eye out but have been using it for a week with no issues. No issues with any game or the redzone this past Sunday. Thanks for the heads up. 

14 hours ago, kdko said:

Lol.  Reddit NFL streams is the way to go, spend your money if you want.  I just run my HDMI cable from my laptop to my TV and watch every game I want to, and just tab between them.  So easy.

Trying to understand how that is legal, or not shut down by NFL. But then I'm not into all the latest technology or have any experience with reddit.

Why does anybody pay for Sunday Ticket if they can watch every game using this, including the many bars that do it?

56 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

Trying to understand how that is legal, or not shut down by NFL. But then I'm not into all the latest technology or have any experience with reddit.

Why does anybody pay for Sunday Ticket if they can watch every game using this, including the many bars that do it?

Comfort of my own home! I will try that next yesr !

I dumped DirecTV/ATT early last year as they didn't offer any incentives that I used to get regularly for 15 years.

Switched to Playstation Vue and subscribed to their $10 per month sports package during football season which includes the RedZone channel (basically $40 per season).

It's been awesome and no more haggling every year (and I'm the kind of person I negotiate on everything).

The monthly cost of Playstation Vue excluding sports package is less than $50 per month (vs $100+ for DirecTV) which also created additional savings throughout the year.

And no, I don't work for Sony. I just like their service.

• Like 1