[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Does anyone do NFL.com prize leagues

Jcapace41

For the last five years I have been doing these, they are fun, you can win stuff like championship rings which I won last year it's very nice, you can win signed jerseys,helmets and footballs, however i was devastated today when I went to sign up for league to win a signed jersey and could not join the league because i am prohibited to play in my state, since when are regular fantasy leagues effected by this. I thought it was just the daily fantasy? So what I have to do now is get somebody I known out of state in Florida to sign me up. This is ridiculous now how it it illegal for me to try and win a signed jersey, it's not like I am winning money or withdrawing money, the league fee to join is 59.99 I won't get that money back regardless

Why not use that $60 on a real league that pays a cash prize instead of a league that gives away trinkets as the prize? Do you wear the championship ring you won last year? If so, have you gotten laid since wearing said ring?

i am in a big money league. 150.00 and 200.00 to enter but these are fun leagues to win cool stuff.

http://fantasy.nfl.com/registration/leagueDirectory?experience=1&icampaign=Fantasy_Fantasy15_Nav_Ultimate

i am in a big money league. 150.00 and 200.00 to enter but these are fun leagues to win cool stuff.

http://fantasy.nfl.com/registration/leagueDirectory?experience=1&icampaign=Fantasy_Fantasy15_Nav_Ultimate

I can't imagine spending $20 to join a league that has a $5 ring as the prize. Maybe I'm just not a ring guy. When I was a kid, I saved up a bunch of Bazooka Joe wrappers and sent them in for an gold electroplated ring. I put it in my pocket and all the gold came off. Maybe I'm just bitter about that experience. I knew I should have opted for the x-ray vision goggles.

• Like 2

Plus it sounds dodgy if they're saying you can't play because its prohibited in your state but they're keeping your entry fee.

They didn't take his entry fee. He is upset because he can't enter, donate his money, and potentially win another "fantasy championship" ring. The contest is dodgy. Them disallowing him to play is a blessing.

• Like 3

They didn't take his entry fee. He is upset because he can't enter, donate his money, and potentially win another "fantasy championship" ring. The contest is dodgy. Them disallowing him to play is a blessing.

Oh right, I must have read it wrong when he said he won't get his money back regardless.

Agree with others, spending money and time to play in a league for some sort of NFL gear is not for me.

Not sure where they find people to donate their money, why not just go on ebay and buy the ring, autographed ball or whatever.

As for why his state is blocking him from playing, not sure but I too would consider a blessing.

Eh. I wouldn't do it, but if you have the $ to play on prize leagues I don't see the big deal. Kind of reminds me of playing carnival games. You know it's probably not worth it, but still can be fun all the same. When it comes down to it, people have different opinions about what provides entertainment value.

As to why its blocked, well probably because the state isn't getting a piece of the action from this "gambling" site. Way things are going, I'm sure soon enough we all will be running our leagues through the establishment provided websites (with taxes on winnings and higher fees for use of course.)

:sad:

For the last five years I have been doing these, they are fun, you can win stuff like championship rings which I won last year it's very nice, you can win signed jerseys,helmets and footballs, however i was devastated today when I went to sign up for league to win a signed jersey and could not join the league because i am prohibited to play in my state, since when are regular fantasy leagues effected by this. I thought it was just the daily fantasy? So what I have to do now is get somebody I known out of state in Florida to sign me up. This is ridiculous now how it it illegal for me to try and win a signed jersey, it's not like I am winning money or withdrawing money, the league fee to join is 59.99 I won't get that money back regardless

Florida isn't listed in the voided state list on the eligibility T&Cs. Is it listed elsewhere?

Is it just a random signed Jersey? Or can you pick from a list?

You don't get to pick but they state the market value ~$250, which doesn't mean much imo. Although historically they have had players like Gronk, Antonio Brown, Jamaal Charles so not bad... I also think they upped the price for the different prize leagues compared to last year.