[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The case for Jordan Cameron as a TE2 to target

MTSuper7

Here's why he's a guy to target:

• Adam Gase, his new HC, has a history of getting big numbers out of his TEs.
  • In 2013, Julius Thomas broke out in Gase's first year as OC with 65-788-12 on 90 targets.
  • In 2014, Thomas went 43-489-12 on 62 targets starting just 10 games.
  • Last year in Chicago, Bears TEs (Bennett and Miller) had a combined 87-878-8 on 126 targets.
  • Gase has immediate impact on his QBs as well. In Gase's first year as OC in Denver, Peyton Manning set all kinds of records. In his first year in Chicago, Cutler posted a career best QB rating of 92.3.
  • Cameron has proven that he can ball with 80-917-7 on 118 targets over 15 games in 2013 (his last healthy season in Cleveland).
  • He stunk last year (but is owning it), and there has been no buzz yet in training camp, so you can literally get him in the last round of most drafts.
  • Cameron is in the last year of his deal, so motivation for a big free agency contract (or extension) is there.

He's as good a lottery ticket as anyone (and better than most TE2 options IMO) in a position that's pretty tough to nail down this year after Gronk.

• Like 1

Great post and logic. I targeted him last year because he has all the physical tools and was hoping he'd be targeted more in that offense. I'd take him as a late round flyer as a backup TE. At that price, you have very little to lose.

I targeted him last year because he has all the physical tools and was hoping he'd be targeted more in that offense.

+1. I dropped him early last year because I had Eifert. I'll be very happy to try and grab him this year and I do think the Gase effect gives me some optimism. Cameron has the talent.