[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Delanie Walker - Where's the Love?

MTSuper7

Good tie in with Barnidge, the Browns fed him the ball because they had little running game and horrible WR options. Now they've gotten Pryor more work and he is doing pretty well. Gordon will be back in week 5 and the rookie Coleman looks good too. No way he comes close to last year's production.

I disagree with the Barnidge analogy as it relates to Delanie Walker. I think there is a LOT more evidence to suggest that Barnidge won't produce at the same level he did last year. Coleman and Gordon are both significant upgrades at WR. They are working in a new QB, and from what it sounds like here, making sure they cater the offense to his strengths (which is not typically throwing to TEs).

The Tennessee situation isn't the same. Here are a few pieces of info to chew on:

• There is no change at QB in Tennessee.
  • The upgrades at WR in Tennessee are marginal when compared to how Gordon and Coleman rate vs. last year's crop of Browns receivers.
  • Tennessee's defense is ranked in the bottom 1/4 on The Huddle's rankings, so it doesn't sound like they'll be grind out many wins on the ground.
  • Tennessee's offensive line rating is 31st out of 32 teams based on The Huddle's preseason grading article (Thanks, Tuvey!)

I also noticed that Walker has slid to the top of Tier 3 TEs on the PPR cheat sheet since I started this thread. Does that mean I win? :brow:

I think DW is a top 5 TE this year .... nothing better for a TE than a young QB who trusts him.

God I hope you're right. I took the bait and grabbed him in the 6th this year. I'm hoping that's the steal of the draft for me.

• 2 months later...

Walker was the #2 scoring TE in high stakes FFPC regular season (week 1 through 11) and we will most likely start his old targeted ass for the playoffs in every game.

Through 11 games it looks like Walker is on pace for 65ish catches and 800 yards and maybe 7-8 TDs. Not awesome levels, but still most targeted guy on his team, barely above Matthews. Walker missed a game, played another hampered...but there were other elite level TEs who had the same fate, or worse. Of course, we drafted Graham and Rudolph late making the 'early' Walker pick at TE unnecessary (even with starting 3 TEs being a sound strategy at 2 flex positions, since they get 1.5 PPR).

I think Walker's top 3 showing so far in the season is a indicative of how cluttered TE value became this year. But, at the same time, he's currently only 15 points behind Olsen on the season. Walker was, at the least, decent value this year.