[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Melvin Gordon Carted off

Sunday Couch Potatoe

It was ugly how he got rolled up on.

#1 seed in my local has Gordon and D. Johnson who is playing in a monsoon. Looks like the 8 seed strikes once again.

Yeah, same 2 RB's I have... Gonna have to choose between Crowell and Jennings for my RB2 for the playoffs now :bash:

Early reports says he's "OK" now whether that translates to "he hasn't suffered a potentially career ending injury" or "he'll push to be back next week" remains to be seen. Hopefully we'll have an idea Monday. Thankfully I'm on bye in the one share I have him but still don't have much in the way of replacing him.

Yeah..more importantly beyond fantasy (hard to fathom, i know), I just hope he's able to recover from this fully and it doesn't end his career. I'm a Chargers homer, but I can just tell you that this kid has always had a great attitude, doesn't have an ego, gives time to the fans, and always plays with a smile on his face. It was really nice to see him come into his own this year because he's a good kid and dealt with a lot of naysayers after his rookie season.

Another thing, if you're chomping at the bit to get a potential stud for a playoff run, Farrow is definitely not that guy. It's apparent to anyone that watched the game today that the line is falling apart as it always does, and can't support a productive RB right now.

Yeah..more importantly beyond fantasy (hard to fathom, i know), I just hope he's able to recover from this fully and it doesn't end his career. I'm a Chargers homer, but I can just tell you that this kid has always had a great attitude, doesn't have an ego, gives time to the fans, and always plays with a smile on his face. It was really nice to see him come into his own this year because he's a good kid and dealt with a lot of naysayers after his rookie season.

rotoworld says it may not be so bad

I just don't see a player getting carted off and not returning to the game playing the next week. It was bad enough not to come back in the game. I doubt he's ready or they allow him to play this week or even the rest of the way since they're out of it.

I agree, but i'm sure he's going to fight the staff on that if he can so he can get over 1000 yards. Same reason Green is probably itching to get back out there.

• Like 1

LOCAL UPDATE:

Melvin Gordon helped host a fundraiser to give bikes to kids today. He rode in a cart to the field, and then walked out VERY gingerly, but was out and walking around. It looked like he had a harder time getting up than walking around.

My take: He's probably done for the fantasy playoffs. He'll definitely miss this Sunday against the Raiders. Although you'd think he could be healthy for the game against the Browns, it could be a muddy, slippery game, and that could spell bad news for someone dealing with a hip and knee issue. I think he comes back for a bit in week 17 to get over 1,000 yards.

• Like 3