[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Kiko Alonso

Shorttynaz

If that was not a flagrant foul then in the NFL there is no such thing as a flagrant foul! 

Every Miami player and fan can thank their #47 for their loss tonight! Miami deserves the loss tonight for cheapest dirtiest hit of the year award!

Screw fem Dolphins!!!!!!

Look if a qb slides at the last second he opens him self up for a hit like that.  The hit should have been flagged but imo that is all.  If you don't want to take a hit slide a split second faster.  You have to remember a defensive player is moving at full speed and no way to stop at the last second.  The only issue I had was he should have pulled up  a little.   And yes it sucked as it cost Tucker another filed goal. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Obviously biased but didn't think it was awful as people made out here. A clear penalty and I'd expect a fine but think it was a mixture of Flacco scrambling whilst already out running a defender where he didn't give himself up and Alonso totally over-committing. He needs to be more aware that it was a QB running at him who made slide and not a RB. 

Edited by Dolphin_Akie
  • Like 1

I am a Ravens fan and I am not even sure that hit was dirty.  Did it look awful?  Yes.  Does the slo-motion replay look like Alonso had plenty of time to pull up? Yes.  But full speed with a play that is within inches of the first down marker, I can't say that there was any intent by Alonso to injure Flacco.  He was making a play to force a field goal.  Flacco should have slid a yard or even two earlier but Flacco knew exactly where that marker was too and was trying to extend the drive.  One other point I will make is that as as a Ravens fan I have seen Flacco slide a ton and he is top 5 worst at sliding to the point most of the time I am not even sure if he actually slid or not.

It looked terrible and that is why people have such a knee jerk reaction that it was a dirty hit, personally I don't think the outcome of the play should determine the punishment.  I have seen a lot of hits that were much later and even had intent to injure a guy but the defensive player wound up missing the mark and nothing more happens than a flag, no fine, no suspension.  I don't think the NFL thinks that way though so pretty sure Alonso will be looking at 30K and a two gamer.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

never want to see that and hopefully Flacco recovers quick...

that being said, it always look far more incriminating in slow mo...then super slo mo.

Alonso was coming in full speed and Flacco did slide late imo ...he was obviously trying to get every last yard.

Alonso maybe could have pulled up a little...but Flacco surely could've slid earlier as well.

Fine yes, one game suspension sure .... but personally I don't think it was dirty.

11 hours ago, hezagenius said:

Flacco after that hit looked like that drunk at the bar saying "I'm not drunk!".

Flacco was aware enough after that hit to know he had no (the really bad word)ing clue what was going on.

After the hit, Flacco held up his index finger as if he was saying 'Check, please?'

11 hours ago, hezagenius said:

Flacco after that hit looked like that drunk at the bar saying "I'm not drunk!".

Flacco was aware enough after that hit to know he had no (the really bad word)ing clue what was going on.

I know, it looked like he was asking for the check at a restaurant after dinner

Once the QB starts to slide and give himself up he's going to be DOWN at that spot, no hit is required, certainly not one where the defender lowers his head and shoulders and goes for the QB's head. Alonso should have been ejected. Not sure what their reasoning was, but will be interested to hear how the NFL spins it today.

The real problem the NFL is facing is they keep saying they're all about safety, made changes to have this flagrarnt hit rule that allows automatic ejection, yet they fail to use it twice now in a short period (Bears Trevathan hit on Davante Adams) where it was warranted. They suspended Trevathan and will probably do the same to Alonso (and like the Travathan case probably 2 games, NFLPA will appeal and site "no time for defender to adjust" and have it reduced to one).

I think if we saw the players face after more of these vicious hits there'd be more outrage from fans and calls to make the game less violent. Flacco looked like he was going to pass out, then jumped to his feet (thank God no serious neck injury).

I think this article covered it pretty well.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2740955-nfl-officials-botch-player-safety-again-after-brutal-hit-on-joe-flacco

He starts sliding and I cannot even complete saying "1-1000" by the time he is hit.  Against the literal text of the rules? Absolutely, give him his fine and one game suspension.  But stop making it out like this was Burfict out there people.  :rolleyes:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, Def. said:

He starts sliding and I cannot even complete saying "1-1000" by the time he is hit.  Against the literal text of the rules? Absolutely, give him his fine and one game suspension.  But stop making it out like this was Burfict out there people.  :rolleyes:

Look at how low he threw that shoulder, and at that angle.  He adjusted and was aiming his hit for someone sliding, that's the glaring problem imo.

• Like 1

If in that whole second before the slide starts and contact was made he was angling and adjusting as you say, then its more realistic to because his football instincts were reacting to make a tackle.  If you somehow think he was purposefully angling to head hunt again in that whole second, all I can do is shrug at you and say OK, whatever you want to believe man. 

This has all happened before and will happen again.  Just make sure to label them all dirty sons of bitches. 

Flacco made a decision to try to get the first down.  Alonso made a decision to hit him because he felt that Flacco slid too late.  He even said so in his post-game interview.  That tells me that he had time (or at least felt that he had time) to make a decision, one way or the other.  I don't know if Alonso is dirty or not, but he sure comes across as not being very bright.  Or maybe it's just a result of him having his own bell rung a time or two.  :lol:

• Like 1