[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Kiko Alonso

Shorttynaz

Here are some reverse angle images. 

A coupke of notes, Flacco is 6’6” & Alonso is 6’3”. 

According to some Alonso didn’t have time to avoid this hit. If you are of that mindset I say to look how he has time to track his tackle down into Flacco’s slide. 

74F5913E-5E56-4D62-8E06-483F986DB6C2.jpeg

69291FBC-1B10-4B1F-9B0D-1059D0AE3CA3.jpeg

F668DFC4-F272-4898-928B-7E8EC1070CE1.jpeg

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Just count it out.  Seriously your still shots are great, but just watch the play in real time and count it out.  Can you finish 2-1000 (let alone 1-1000) between the start of the slide and the hit?  Hell, I've tried like 10 times with kdko's posted video and am uncertain I have finished saying "1-1000" out loud even once.  I think his thought was to make the tackle and by the time Flacco slide it was too late.  Again letter of the law, give him the fine and and suspend him a game.  But to say he should of been able to pull up and simply tag him seems a bit rough to the naked eye in real time. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Def. said:

Just count it out.  Seriously your still shots are great, but just watch the play in real time and count it out.  Can you finish 2-1000 (let alone 1-1000) between the start of the slide and the hit?  Hell, I've tried like 10 times with kdko's posted video and am uncertain I have finished saying "1-1000" out loud even once.  I think his thought was to make the tackle and by the time Flacco slide it was too late.  Again letter of the law, give him the fine and and suspend him a game.  But to say he should of been able to pull up and simply tag him seems a bit rough to the naked eye in real time. 

So he didn't have time? Then explain how he had time to change his trajectory (for lack of a better word)? It's milliseconds but he's processing and tackling down to Flacco's slide. 

We'll just have to agree to disagree. 

Also, I'm not saying he's dirty but it was an egregious hit that could have been avoided, imo. Would some contact have been made? Possibly. To the extent that it was? Not even close, again, imo. 

• Like 1

A good article IMHO.  Alonso changed his trajectory/position not to avoid contact but to hit him in the head. Read the NFL rules about a player sliding and giving themself up, and what is allowed by the tackler. Just search for "nfl rules sliding".

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/sports/wp/2017/10/26/nfl-officials-are-supposed-to-eject-players-for-hits-like-kiko-alonsos-on-joe-flacco/?utm_term=.522490758110

56 minutes ago, keggerz said:

So he didn't have time? Then explain how he had time to change his trajectory (for lack of a better word)? It's milliseconds but he's processing and tackling down to Flacco's slide. 

We'll just have to agree to disagree. 

Also, I'm not saying he's dirty but it was an egregious hit that could have been avoided, imo. Would some contact have been made? Possibly. To the extent that it was? Not even close, again, imo. 

Not sure if he changed his trajectory.  I heard it said that he may have been going low to avoid a helmet to helmet hit.  hmmm.  In real time it's so fast.   One thing for sure is that it is unfortunate regardless of intention, etc.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Yes, it was unfortunate. 

As for the going low, look at Flacco's height and if he was going low it would have been a knee/thigh shot, not much better honestly, so not sure I buy that. Imo, he was trying to stop a first down and applied an unnecessary hit.