[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Aaron Jones or Sterling Shepard?

buddie625

I like both these guys, but I think I like Shepard better, T.Mont is still chipping in for decent snaps and work.  A.Jones is not very good at blocking or blitz pickup.   I think Jones still remains very relevant and could be ok but I think Shepard might have more upside and see decent volume, should he be more healthy I think he has a good upside but I think Jones still will be pretty safe, Bears are decent vs the run but they've allowed 7 TD's so modest yards plus a TD could be a nice floor for Jones. Shepard higher yardage upside and TD as well might make him higher upside / risky but you have to like anyone vs SFO.   Shepard off his injury caught 5 = 70 yards, now it's time to cash checks.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, buddie625 said:

I like that analysis a lot and I'm still torn on who to start. I think they are both  going to do well which is my problem I'm facing right now haha

Shepard has the easier match-up so does Eli throwing,, if you believe that it could be the deciding factor.. if you like Jones starting him is not a problem, most likely your week won't come down to needing your Flex to explode and carry your team.. you just don't want a low total, I think both provide a decent floor, I just think the potential for Shepard is higher.  Jones has already shown he can have a high ceiling as well, but that's also with ARodge, without life is tougher.

But I'm not talking you off the cliff of not starting Jones... both viable.  I wouldn't be nervous starting either guy should I had to decide.  I'm playing Shepard with confidence and because I have to in two leagues,  I also don't care if I get something that seems obvious and setup to succeed wrong because at some point you just got to go with your gut.  the Vegas line on SFO vs NYG is 42 (over /under) meaning both will most likely score 21/21 I don't see NYG running in 3 TD's ever, and Shepard is the WR1 so I have to believe the table is set for him.

Edited by robotpimp
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, robotpimp said:

Shepard has the easier match-up so does Eli throwing,, if you believe that it could be the deciding factor.. if you like Jones starting him is not a problem, most likely your week won't come down to needing your Flex to explode and carry your team.. you just don't want a low total, I think both provide a decent floor, I just think the potential for Shepard is higher.  Jones has already shown he can have a high ceiling as well, but that's also with ARodge, without life is tougher.

But I'm not talking you off the cliff of not starting Jones... both viable.  I wouldn't be nervous starting either guy should I had to decide.  I'm playing Shepard with confidence and because I have to in two leagues,  I also don't care if I get something that seems obvious and setup to succeed wrong because at some point you just got to go with your gut.  the Vegas line on SFO vs NYG is 42 (over /under) meaning both will most likely score 21/21 I don't see NYG running in 3 TD's ever, and Shepard is the WR1 so I have to believe the table is set for him.

Thank you. I'm actually thinking about rolling with Shepard now. He is literally the only person Eli has to throw to.