[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Do you think Hunt will rebound after the bye?

Alphashado

Kareem Hunt kinda made me think of Cadillac Williams. Hopefully he'll do better but Cadillac had a red hot start like Hunt and cooled off for pretty much his entire career.

Hunt is still among the league leaders in broken tackles, so it's hard to point the finger at him being the problem. I am playing Jamaal Williams and DeMarco Murray over Hunt this weekend. Until the Chiefs' offense starts looking better, I will look for reasons to bench him.

What's weird about this is that it's not like the Chiefs have had a hard time running the ball with a "game manager" version of Alex Smith before. It feels like this is a combination of below average offensive line play and poor play calling (along with a less confident / aggressive / accurate Alex Smith).

9 carries and 3 catches this week. That's barely an RB 3. I just don't get it. It's not like he's losing carries to West, they just aren't running the ball.

It's very strange.

What makes it so strange is the fact that he averaged 4.4 YPC and still only got 9 carries.

• Like 1

The whole team is coming unglued. Whatever the problems are this is all on Andy Reid at this point. He needs to get this team back to disciplined, fundamental football. Not sure why it's taken 6 losses to see this.

Edited by stethant
  • Like 1

On 12/4/2017 at 11:28 AM, tazinib1 said:

Who is that crazy guy who said Hunt would crash and burn by week 10? 

In regards to fantasy points I guess that prediction would be accurate. I heard more than one person say it.

But I wouldn't take too much credit for the seemingly accurate prophecy, because the lack of production isn't Hunt's fault. The offensive line isn't opening any holes and they simply aren't giving him the ball despite averaging almost 5 yards per carry.

Now if someone would have said "by week 10 I predict Andy Reid will forget how to coach and will stop giving the ball to his RBs"... well then I would buy that dude a Fresca.

Edited by Alphashado

Watching KC early on was fun.

Now it's like Ind, NYG or the Titans a few years ago.  Just painful.  And I still maintain that they have the easiest offensive plays to read before the snap.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Alphashado said:

In regards to fantasy points I guess that prediction would be accurate. I heard more than one person say it.

But I wouldn't take too much credit for the seemingly accurate prophecy, because the lack of production isn't Hunt's fault. The offensive line isn't opening any holes and they simply aren't giving him the ball despite averaging almost 5 yards per carry.

Now if someone would have said "by week 10 I predict Andy Reid will forget how to coach and will stop giving the ball to his RBs"... well then I would buy that dude a Fresca.

I don't like Fresca. A ham sammich on the other hand...

Looks like taking the play calling away from Andy Reid had the desired effect.

Results-

25/116/Win last week.

24/155/Win this week.

This kid is a talented work-horse RB. As long as the chiefs continue to use him as such, they will have success. This down the stretch performance is making my Keeper decision a little more interesting since David Johnson is my current keeper, but at this point I am still leaning D.J because the entire offense revolves around him.

• Like 1