[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Which RB (Waivers) are you going after this week?

Matt07chs

Mont could play and I don't like the RB situation outside of Jones, I think if I needed to play someone at the flex for a spot start I would go Burkhead, Williams just this week, Ekeler I would stash and like the most as he's carving into a split / 3rd down work role.  Perine is last.  

Williams = this week only

Burkhead = spot start 

Ekeler = favorite to stash with upside

Perine = Thompson is the guy to have outside Kelley... Kelley was already out beginning of the year and Perine was terrible, round 2 of perine maybe he's getting better but Thompson pretty much the only effective back, I'd rather have Burkhead still he's going to be erratic with White/Lewis getting a lot of the work.

53 minutes ago, jiggidyjj said:

Only thing I'll add is that Perine has a good matchup week 12 vs. the Giants.  He would not be worth playing this week in a tough matchup.

That really depends on what you have.  Looking at one of my teams, I currently have Martin, Rawls and Abdullah as my RB choices.  I'd happily take Perine over either 2 or all 3 of those guys.  A starting RB on any team always has value. 

Just now, Montana is da Man said:

That really depends on what you have.  Looking at one of my teams, I currently have Martin, Rawls and Abdullah as my RB choices.  I'd happily take Perine over either 2 or all 3 of those guys.  A starting RB on any team always has value. 

oh man I agree.  I have a backfield just like that, Abdullah, Powell, and Montgomery = yuck. I'd go get Perine just to get someone new to try.

Abdullah vs Perine is sort of a push.  Perine still has this mystique about him, but he's been rather lackluster.  

11 minutes ago, robotpimp said:

oh man I agree.  I have a backfield just like that, Abdullah, Powell, and Montgomery = yuck. I'd go get Perine just to get someone new to try.

Abdullah vs Perine is sort of a push.  Perine still has this mystique about him, but he's been rather lackluster.  

He definitely has but remember he is a rookie.  So the extra weeks of practice could have helped him acclimate to the NFL.  Maybe I'm just hopeful because my RBs are awful

2 hours ago, Montana is da Man said:

At this point in the season, I'd be shocked if any of those guys made it through the waiver period. 

I have them in this order, Burkhead, Perine, Ekeler and Williams

I have them in the exact opposite order. 

1) I don't want any Patriots RBs on my team, especially one who is definitely not the featured back and never will be.

2) As a Skins fan, Perine sucks and they're not going to give him more than the occasional goalline carry. I don't want any backs or receivers on the Skins, either.

3) Ekeler is a good handcuff to an injury-prone player. Obviously you will never start him under normal circumstances, but you sure shouldn't be starting Perine or Burkhead either.

4) Williams has the highest upside of all of them because he is the only clear featured back if the other guys are out. He's a flip of the coin, but I'd rather a coin flip than a Pats or Redskins RB. 

3 minutes ago, BottleWalk said:

I have them in the exact opposite order. 

1) I don't want any Patriots RBs on my team, especially one who is definitely not the featured back and never will be.

2) As a Skins fan, Perine sucks and they're not going to give him more than the occasional goalline carry. I don't want any backs or receivers on the Skins, either.

3) Ekeler is a good handcuff to an injury-prone player. Obviously you will never start him under normal circumstances, but you sure shouldn't be starting Perine or Burkhead either.

4) Williams has the highest upside of all of them because he is the only clear featured back if the other guys are out. He's a flip of the coin, but I'd rather a coin flip than a Pats or Redskins RB. 

1)  In a PPR league, Burkhead has more value than any of these other choices.

2)  There are allot of starting RBs that suck, but we have to use somebody in fantasy football and if your team is hurting at RB, a guy who is going to get 12 - 15 touches isn't a bad option when there are no other options out there.

3)  From what I saw this week, if I got him off waivers I would start him this week.

4)  He has high upside for 1 week and then it's gone.  If both Monty and Jones are out this week, then Williams has sky high value until 1 or both of them are back.  But don't forget, he's playing in an offense where the QB doesn't scare anyone so it's easy to zero in on stopping the RB. 

25 minutes ago, Montana is da Man said:

1)  In a PPR league, Burkhead has more value than any of these other choices.

2)  There are allot of starting RBs that suck, but we have to use somebody in fantasy football and if your team is hurting at RB, a guy who is going to get 12 - 15 touches isn't a bad option when there are no other options out there.

3)  From what I saw this week, if I got him off waivers I would start him this week.

4)  He has high upside for 1 week and then it's gone.  If both Monty and Jones are out this week, then Williams has sky high value until 1 or both of them are back.  But don't forget, he's playing in an offense where the QB doesn't scare anyone so it's easy to zero in on stopping the RB. 

Perine is not going to get 12-15 touches. They're going to be losing vs New Orleans and it's going to be all Thompson. If he does get 15 touches, he will not come close to 50 yards. Guarantee.

Burkhead has had two games with decent production. He's still completely TD dependent, much like Perine. 

Perine is the long term best option because Kelley was just placed on IR and Redskins are not going to expand Thompson's role.

I'd go Burkhead 2 ROS.

This week though, Williams will obviously lead the GB backfield and is worth the nab if you need someone only short term. Sounds like Montgomery is going to keep playing through the ribs issue unless it gets worse. 

I think Ekler's TD yesterday were fluky and I wouldn't waste a spot on him unless you're a Gordon owner and have a free roster spot.