[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Waiver pickup: Williams, Perine, Burkhead, Ekeler?

Shaft

I'm 2nd out of 10 in my league. I rank them Ekeler, Burkhead, Perine, Williams. I'm going to put in a claim for Ekeler. He's the only 1 that really interest me as I am good at rb depth. If #1 priority gets him, I am not putting a claim in for any of the rest. I will wait until 3am and see if I can get Burkhead off waivers though. If you need rb help and depth, I would use your priority on any of them you can get, depending on who you value the most out of them.

13 minutes ago, RowdyRoos said:

Worth it?  Certainly depending on your roster.

I'd go Williams, Burkhead, Perine, Ekeler

My RBS: Ingram, Drake, and Williams (Dolphins). I can get by because I only have to start one RB.

My starting WRS: Brown, Jones, and Evans.

I have plenty of scrubs on my bench to drop.

Just now, Montana is da Man said:

Depends on the type of league

If it's PPR, I think it's Burkhead, Perine, Ekeler, Williams (he's a 1 week guy, once Monty or Jones is back he's back to useless)

Williams is not a 1 week guy. Jones has an MCL injury and is already ruled out for a minimum of 3 weeks and all the way up to the rest of the season. Good chance they'll shut him down if they aren't making the playoffs come Week 14/15. TyMont banged up and Aaron Jones was getting plenty of run. Williams is far from a 1 week thing. Burkhead seems to be the 1 week thing as Super Bowl hero James White is the primary pass catching back and certainly not getting phased out of that offense. 

1 minute ago, FSU'93'99'13 said:

Williams is not a 1 week guy. Jones has an MCL injury and is already ruled out for a minimum of 3 weeks and all the way up to the rest of the season. Good chance they'll shut him down if they aren't making the playoffs come Week 14/15. TyMont banged up and Aaron Jones was getting plenty of run. Williams is far from a 1 week thing. Burkhead seems to be the 1 week thing as Super Bowl hero James White is the primary pass catching back and certainly not getting phased out of that offense. 

Monty will be ahead of Williams.  Even if Williams is the #1 back, i don't see him doing much with it.  He will have value, but it's limited.

Burkhead had 7 receptions two weeks ago and a TD, he had 60+ total yards this week and a TD.  So yeah, he's not a 1 week guy.  He had the most snaps of the NE RBs last week and his snap % keeps increasing.  Lewis is main rusher, Burkhead is now the main receiver out of the backfield, and White is being phased out.

Monty will be ahead of Williams.  Even if Williams is the #1 back, i don't see him doing much with it.  He will have value, but it's limited.

Burkhead had 7 receptions two weeks ago and a TD, he had 60+ total yards this week and a TD.  So yeah, he's not a 1 week guy.  He had the most snaps of the NE RBs last week and his snap % keeps increasing.  Lewis is main rusher, Burkhead is now the main receiver out of the backfield, and White is being phased out.

I don't think we can say TyMont will be ahead of Williams with certainty as Aaron Jones was ahead of TyMont to begin with. Aaron Jones saw the first 4 or 5 carries before getting injured and leaving the game in the 1st quarter before TyMont even stepped onto the field. Plus, they drafted Williams early. They are going to give him some run as he ran hard Week 10 and was dragging defenders with him on nearly every carry for positive yardage. In fact, I'd say he significantly outsnaps TyMont the rest of the season with utmost confidence. 

Also, per Burkhead and White. Last 3 games scoring for each in a .5 PPR league rounding up to the nearest point --

Burkhead: 5, 12, 14

White: 13, 12, 9

Burkhead's rise in production has ONLY come with Chris Hogan out. That is a fact. Burkhead seems to be filling in for Hogan as he did nothing with Hogan on the field all year and White is still producing nice numbers. Hogan is due back this week likely, or next week 100%. 

Also -- lowkey name that wasn't part of the listed options but I think is worth an add as he's been the best back in Seattle since week 4 -- JD McKissic. Played all the meaningful 4th quarter minutes last week and made some clutch plays (as he has mostly every week when given a chance). No back is running with it in Seattle. McKissic a nice add. 

Perine is the long term best option because Kelley was just placed on IR and Redskins are not going to expand Thompson's role.

I'd go Burkhead 2 ROS.

This week though, Williams will obviously lead the GB backfield and is worth the nab if you need someone only short term. Sounds like Montgomery is going to keep playing through the ribs issue unless it gets worse. 

I think Ekler's TD yesterday were fluky and I wouldn't waste a spot on him unless you're a Gordon owner and have a free roster spot.

17 minutes ago, FSU'93'99'13 said:

I don't think we can say TyMont will be ahead of Williams with certainty as Aaron Jones was ahead of TyMont to begin with. Aaron Jones saw the first 4 or 5 carries before getting injured and leaving the game in the 1st quarter before TyMont even stepped onto the field. Plus, they drafted Williams early. They are going to give him some run as he ran hard Week 10 and was dragging defenders with him on nearly every carry for positive yardage. In fact, I'd say he significantly outsnaps TyMont the rest of the season with utmost confidence. 

Also, per Burkhead and White. Last 3 games scoring for each in a .5 PPR league rounding up to the nearest point --

Burkhead: 5, 12, 14

White: 13, 12, 9

Burkhead's rise in production has ONLY come with Chris Hogan out. That is a fact. Burkhead seems to be filling in for Hogan as he did nothing with Hogan on the field all year and White is still producing nice numbers. Hogan is due back this week likely, or next week 100%. 

Do you realize that Burkhead missed weeks 3 - 6 because of injury?

Do you realize that Burkhead missed weeks 3 - 6 because of injury?

Yes. I drafted Burkhead because I know my stuff. Still, the guy that won them the Super Bowl is not being phased out of this offense. Again, Burkhead's rise in production has come EXACTLY consistent with Hogan's departure. Hogan will return and less routes will be run by Rex.

5 minutes ago, FSU'93'99'13 said:

Yes. I drafted Burkhead because I know my stuff. Still, the guy that won them the Super Bowl is not being phased out of this offense. Again, Burkhead's rise in production has come EXACTLY consistent with Hogan's departure. Hogan will return and less routes will be run by Rex.

Hogan is going to miss some time, and what does White wining them a Super Bowl have to do with anything? Butler won them a super bowl once, ask Emanuel Sanders what he thought of that..

55 minutes ago, jamesplante11 said:

Hogan is going to miss some time, and what does White wining them a Super Bowl have to do with anything? Butler won them a super bowl once, ask Emanuel Sanders what he thought of that..

Is James White not performing well?

Hogan was scheduled to miss 2 or 3 weeks. It has already been two weeks. He returns this week or next week 12. Just think White stays in his role and Burkhead sees less of a role. 

6 minutes ago, Dkay777 said:

These 4 players are all available in my league as well, along with Thomas Rawls, Rod Smith, and Kenyan Drake. Can I get a new priority order with these 3 names included?

Thanks

I own Drake, Smith, and Perine. I would rank Drake 1st and Rawls last. The rest are in the middle based on the earlier orders. Smith is a nice lottery ticket, however.