[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Collusion in Yahoo league

LuckyBub

Hey, everyone. I was just curious how I can report collusion in my league, in case it happens. But I haven't been able to find out the information I needed. Does anyone else know anything? It's a shame that some people would collude for something as petty as fantasy football - especially if it's not for very much money or any money at all. That's why I would NEVER play for money in a public league. Anybody who feels the need to collude over something so petty needs to have their head examined. I could understand if it was teenagers, but some of these are grown-ass men. Like you never grew up???

About 8 years ago I was in a big money league (12 team $100 buy in w/ $2 transaction fee) and felt like the LM was doing some shady stuff (which he was) called him out and got nowhere with it.  It was an ESPN league and I went as far as to call a customer service number I found on the terms and conditions page on website. (Not sure what I expected to accomplish.) Long story short here I was told there is absolutely nothing the host website can do in a private league when it comes to this stuff. Never played in that league again, and being the young class act I was I dropped all my best players after I was eliminated. The End 

• Haha 1

If you're scared you will get caught just don't do it. There really isn't any Yahoo police but your fellow league members won't feel so friendly if they catch on to what you have done or thinking about doing.;)

Edited by Cowboyz1

On 17/11/2017 at 10:29 PM, LuckyBub said:

Hey, everyone. I was just curious how I can report collusion in my league, in case it happens. But I haven't been able to find out the information I needed. Does anyone else know anything? It's a shame that some people would collude for something as petty as fantasy football - especially if it's not for very much money or any money at all. That's why I would NEVER play for money in a public league. Anybody who feels the need to collude over something so petty needs to have their head examined. I could understand if it was teenagers, but some of these are grown-ass men. Like you never grew up???

You call the Internet Police who will then transfer your call to the proper authorities

If it's a public league as you are hinting, there isn't much you can do and you never quite know what you are going to get to begin with. It could be a league of nuns or a league of disgruntled out-of-work participation trophy assembly line workers. My advice is to learn from this experience and move on.

If it's a private league, you would simply contact your commissioner and express your concerns.

On 11/17/2017 at 6:00 PM, Shaft said:

Report to who? The collusion police?

shhhhh!  Most people don't know about The Collusion Police.  You can get in a lot of trouble disclosing their identities in a public forum such as this.  And.... they are everywhere!  Just highly camouflaged so that the average Fantasy Joe wouldn't notice.

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Dcat said:

shhhhh!  Most people don't know about The Collusion Police.  You can get in a lot of trouble disclosing their identities in a public forum such as this.  And.... they are everywhere!  Just highly camouflaged so that the average Fantasy Joe wouldn't notice.

collusion.jpg