[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Perine RB2 ROS

Vikes101

1 hour ago, BottleWalk said:

Low end RB2 tho. Skins running game is generally bad and it was shocking for him to get that much usage yesterday. I'm not that high on him. There are still about 20 guys I'd rather start than Perine

All of which I'm sure are rostered in 90% of leagues. lol

25 minutes ago, jlandry462 said:

He's going to be catching AT LEAST half of the balls Thompson was given, and is going to get ALL of the carries Kelly was given. His floor in PPR will be 10 points a game with a much higher ceiling IMO.

Thompson had the two greatest games of his career in a three game span at the start of the season. Apart from that, he's been a flex play this year. If you didn't sell high on him after those early games, you basically lost the battle with regards to him. 

The logic that he's going to get all the carries of Kelly is a bit much since the coaching staff has never liked Perine that much and they hate having to start him ROS. And you think he's going to catch out of the backfield? RBs are different. No one is going to replace Thompson on this offense. Now statistically you may be right, but this is a different animal and you can't just say he's going to get the workload of everyone else because everyone else is out. 

Edited by BottleWalk

13 minutes ago, jlandry462 said:

I wouldn't say so - I would say RB1 talk would be a bit much. In PPR, James White, McKinnon, Javrious Allen and Coleman are all right around the RB20 spot, and I fully expect Perine to perform better than all of those names (except for maybe McKinnon).

funny to see Jarvis Landry is a Patriots fan....not surprising tho

Perine is definitely an every week Flex spot at worse. Who else do they have that is going to run the ball?

I'd start him over White, Buck, McKinnon, & Coleman at this point.

He's not great, but he did have a few weeks of down time to be better suited as a lead back. Give him a shot.

Now mind you, don't just go starting him because he had a good week, be patient and he may just be a weekly RB2 for the remainder of the season.

2 hours ago, jlandry462 said:

I wouldn't say so - I would say RB1 talk would be a bit much. In PPR, James White, McKinnon, Javrious Allen and Coleman are all right around the RB20 spot, and I fully expect Perine to perform better than all of those names (except for maybe McKinnon).

Yes, but ROS I still might even take Coleman, McKinnon over him and I think he'll be about even in standard with Dion Lewis. That's low RB2. If Perine is my RB2 I'm not that confident.

1) the Skins don't have much confidence in him, and 2) the Skins simply can't run the ball.

Edited by BottleWalk

We all have different opinions, which is why some win and some don't. ;)

Confidence doesn't mean crap in fantasy football, it's about producing. Your confidence will not affect the players' performances. That being said, I think Perine is a legitimate RB2. He has fresh legs with somethig to prove on a decent offense.

Edited by Shaft
  • Like 1