[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Rest Of The Year Running Back Advice

Kris1919

Do not drop McKinnon to pick up Ekler. That is ridiculous. If Gordon goes down, then you would replace him with Hyde or Kamara...who are both far better than Ekler. 

Also you should really trade one of those RBs to fill any holes you have in your lineup. The fact that you have to sit Hyde or Kamara or Gordon is insane. 

23 minutes ago, Kris1919 said:

I have a pretty stacked team and am deep at RB.  Bell, Gordon, Hyde, Kamara, McKinnon, and Perine.  

I hate you. My poor running back starved team fighting to stay alive and you post this!  ;) 

I'd get Ekeler to protect Gordon.  Bell, San Diego LA's RBs, Perine, Hyde and Kamara give you 5 top RB options every week.  You are only using three of them at most, so go get ekeler.  You are never going to use McKinnon.  Too late for trades? Get something you can use for one of them.

Edited by Dcat

What is the argument to add the handcuff here? Assuming OP plays in a 2 RB and 1 Flex league, then he can only play 3 RBs at most. That means one of Bell, Gordon, Kamara, or Hyde will be on the bench. If Gordon goes down, then Kamara and Hyde become RBs to play every week. Ekler's ceiling is not above these top 10 RBs. 

9 minutes ago, shnugen27 said:

What is the argument to add the handcuff here? Assuming OP plays in a 2 RB and 1 Flex league, then he can only play 3 RBs at most. That means one of Bell, Gordon, Kamara, or Hyde will be on the bench. If Gordon goes down, then Kamara and Hyde become RBs to play every week. Ekler's ceiling is not above these top 10 RBs. 

It's just different perspective, that's all. His ceiling is not as high as Kamara, but I do think it's in the Hyde range and higher than McKinnon. 

The reason why I have Bell and Gordon is that it is keeper league.  I kept Bell and Gordon (1st and 5th rnd picks from last year)  I then drafted AJ Green, Hyde and Hilton 2-3-4.

Kamara, Perine, Mckinnon were all waiver pick ups.

All the people on here thinking my team is fake would die if they saw the rest....  I have Cousins at QB (had Watson and have to keep him on roster as he'll be a 15th rounder next year since he was undrafted).  We can trade draft picks so I dealt a 3rd and Reed (before he got hurt) for Gronk and 2nd and Richardson for A Brown.  Both trades to teams that were already out of the running.  I should run away with this if (knock on wood) my guys stay healthy.

My question was though even though they both will be on my bench should I not grab Ekler and dump McKinnon just in case Gordon goes down.  McKinnon will always split running time with Murray and Ekler has looked good when he has played.