[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Can Vernon Davis be trusted vs Cowboys?

Dcat

59 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Davis burned everyone who owned him last week with a big fat goose egg against the worst team vs the TE in the NFL.  Unbelievable.    Can we trust Davis moving forward?

Answer: NO. Are you going to play him anyway? That's a BIG maybe.

1 hour ago, indyrckstar said:

I own Vernon Davis and Greg Olsen.

I am going to pick up Ricky Seals-Jones to have 3 TEs on the roster...

There was a time when I very rarely rostered 2 tight ends.  Those days are done.  Getting bad tight end play hurts just as much as getting bad running back play or bad wide receiver play.  At least with wide receiver there are always serviceable ones available on the waiver wire.  That isn't the case with tight ends.  And at this stage of the season I wouldn't hesitate to roster a 3rd tight end if I were lacking dependable options like you are lacking.  Each of those tight ends you are rostering is more likely to start for you than your 6th running back or 7th wide receiver.  Things will possibly clear up by next week and you'll be able to drop 1 or 2 of them.

Edited by michaelredd9

3 hours ago, stevegrab said:

Last time he was targeted only one time was week 2, before Jordan Reed was hurt. I didn't watch NYG-WAS game, not sure why they didn't use him.

DMD cleared this up in the VD Thanksgiving thread, he was open often, targeted once, on the field all but a few snaps. Just one of those games, it's happens. I'd say its a fluke. 

10 hours ago, michaelredd9 said:

There was a time when I very rarely rostered 2 tight ends.  Those days are done.  Getting bad tight end play hurts just as much as getting bad running back play or bad wide receiver play.  At least with wide receiver there are always serviceable ones available on the waiver wire.  That isn't the case with tight ends.  And at this stage of the season I wouldn't hesitate to roster a 3rd tight end if I were lacking dependable options like you are lacking.  Each of those tight ends you are rostering is more likely to start for you than your 6th running back or 7th wide receiver.  Things will possibly clear up by next week and you'll be able to drop 1 or 2 of them.

It's been a weird season for me. At the beginning of the season, I was on a 5 game losing streak.  Now, I am currently on a 6 game winning streak with the potential to win it all.  I feel I have options with WRs and RBs.  Especially with WR/RB flex.  TE play has been hurting me.  If I could get someone to step up, I would feel like it's a complete team.

My roster...

QB--Drew Brees

QB--Phillip Rivers

RB--Alvin Kamara

RB--Jordan Howard

RB--Joe Mixon

RB--Doug Martin

RB--Devontae Booker

WR--Keenan Allen

WR--Adam Theilen

WR--Alshon Jeffrey

TE--Greg Olson

TE--Vernon Davis

K---Jake Elliot

D--Eagles

D--Lions

I plan on dropping Devontae Booker and/or Doug Martin for the TE and/or Cooper Kupp or LeGaroutte Blount.   

anyone rolling with VD tonight and if so how desperate are you?

i have to consider it...

my team is 11-1 the last 6 weeks and on fire...and even in spite of engram and VDs performance i still killed it last week

i have kamara and most likely Cmac in at rb(unless we get some bad news later on CMac and i have to put ekeler in his place)

so id either have to start 4 receivers and ekeler in my flex....or pick 5 receivers out of my receiver pool...im not sure which way to go or how much i can trust VD tonight.....the stakes are getting higher...cant afford many h2h or points losses now.....FYI we dont do playoffs...double W/L league with record as the decider...total points tiebreaker...last two weeks are position weeks

Got Jordan Reed and VD

ASJ on the bench

and cut Seals-Jones to pick up a BU QB in Hundley, because I only had Wentz at QB, needed an insurance policy in case Wentz gets pulled week 16.

Looks like I'm rolling with ASJ going forward,,, a healthy Reed would get the nod though.

TE is brutal throughout the landscape, just have to put in a warm body on most teams.