[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Josh Gordon

Phins91

If this thread shows nothing else, let it be that if you own Gordon you should absolutely try to sell high right now (provided trading deadline hasn't passed).  There are those out there that will overpay based on name value and stats from 4 years ago.

43 minutes ago, LordOpie said:

anyone who believes there is no difference between great condition and football shape must not have played a sport. Because there is a difference between excellent health and your body being conditioned for the actual activity.

if he hasn't been taking hits, it's going to be a few weeks before he puts up good numbers, if ever.

I agree that your body is “hardened” by the contact of playing the sport, but that can most certainly be simulated in the gym. That’s why Rocky punches beef carcasses and Bruce Lee smacks wooden poles. Again, no WR should be taking huge hits unless they have poor quarterbacks who are going to put the ball in spots that are going to get the WR wrecked on a catch. Also again, I’m way

more concerned with Kizer than I am Gordon and his alleged “lack of football shape”.

• Thanks 1

Go to love the people using hope as a strategy, or thinking that you can be just as fit and ready to play while training in a gym and not actually playing the sport. Let alone getting high and drunk all day every day for who knows how long.

Not to mention the trolling with "NFL should have no say if he smokes Josh Gordon", I guess nobody is required to stay off drugs for their job.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, ThatDude said:

Starting him with confidence this week...

then again I'm already locked into my playoff spot so this week doesn't matter much to me :D:D

and this is what I was saying. if yer starting him, yer locked into your position in your league, not on the bubble and have a "must win" game this week.

• Like 1

Last week, Hue Jackson said getting Josh Gordon back to practice was like an early Christmas present.

This week, Gordon is expected to play in is first game in nearly three seasons. 

When asked what plans he had for Gordon this week coming back, Jackson couldn't contain his excitement.

“My plans for him?" he said laughing. "Oh boy. let me tell you. I have big plans for him. I plan for him to play and play as much as he can handle. I think he is a very talented player. He needs to play, needs to get out there and play but we have to see where he is and make sure how much can he handle, how much can he do.”

5 hours ago, Gourdeau said:

some guys are so physically blessed and gifted that they don't need to train to the extreme and eat properly to remain in peak physical shape, we are talking about a guy who was playing at his level both high and drunk.. I've played in beer league softball and hockey tournaments drunk.. it's no cake walk.. you lose everything, judgement, balance, coordination, reflex, burst, stamina, it all goes out the window. He's coming in clear headed, and I'd argue that part of his treatment has been getting in workouts as a way to release stress and negative energy. I've dealt with many recovering addicts and alcoholics in my profession and several have been prescribed a healthy dose of training as treatment aid so i don't believe for 1 second that he's been just been sittin around naked in a bean bag chair eating cheetos. 

There is a difference in playing drunk versus playing while under influence of alcohol.  With his tolerance level I bet his judgement, balance and everything else you mention are better than a person who is drunk off the same amount.

15 minutes ago, Zangief80 said:

There is a difference in playing drunk versus playing while under influence of alcohol.  With his tolerance level I bet his judgement, balance and everything else you mention are better than a person who is drunk off the same amount.

Very fair point

On 11/29/2017 at 7:25 AM, michaelredd9 said:

Josh Gordon isn't the type of person who would stay in shape.  Self-discipline has not been his strong suit.  Few people have the motivation to be in excellent shape when they aren't being forced into shape in a program.  And social media posts saying he is in great shape aren't very credible.  Every player claims to come into camp in the best shape of their life.  Proof is in the pudding.  Although, I don't doubt that he is all roided up since he has been rolling with Tim Montgomery.  So he has that going for him.

youre wrong hes def in shape and been in for a longtime

When Gordon had his monster year in 2013, Brian Hoyer has massive tunnel vision. I just don’t see Kizer deciding to trust in a guy he’s barely practiced with. The only scenario in which Gordon becomes a stud is if Cleveland is trying to build up Gordon’s trade value. They could be under orders to feed Gordon relentlessly (since winning hurts them more than it helps them). 

• Like 1

If you are a mental case of a fantasy team owner like me, you are stoked to see JG return today.  I have been carrying him on my roster as a franchise player since the beginning.  4 yrs ago I won the title because of his dominance and look forward to him being the stud that he is.  The good thing is that my team is rolling without him so his return is gravy.  

I expect 10 / 175 and a TD.  I also believe his return propels the Browns to their first win against a surging Chargers team.

Cheers!

Gordon looked good.  He played 48 of 63 snaps which is 76%.  You could see him breathing heavily and stretching out his hamstrings and groin during the game but he held up extremely well for his first game action in three years.  He received a PFF grade of 83.3 for the game.  That is a very good grade and is the second best grade that any Browns receiver has received this year.  I'm still going to be hesitant to start him unless I am in a pinch.  If he had a real quarterback I wouldn't be so reluctant.  He does have a nice week 14 matchup against the Packers.  They have given up the 4th most points to opposing wide receivers this year.  Week 15 against the Ravens and week 16 against the Bears aren't as favorable.

3 minutes ago, michaelredd9 said:

Gordon looked good.  He played 48 of 63 snaps which is 76%.  You could see him breathing heavily and stretching out his hamstrings and groin during the game but he held up extremely well for his first game action in three years.  He received a PFF grade of 83.3 for the game.  That is a very good grade and is the second best grade that any Browns receiver has received this year.  I'm still going to be hesitant to start him unless I am in a pinch.  If he had a real quarterback I wouldn't be so reluctant.  He does have a nice week 14 matchup against the Packers.  They have given up the 4th most points to opposing wide receivers this year.  Week 15 against the Ravens and week 16 against the Bears aren't as favorable.

I managed to get him in 2 leagues and will be using him in one league for the playoffs. I tried to get him in my dynasty weeks ago but the owner would not budge. 

17 minutes ago, michaelredd9 said:

Worth monitoring the Bears D though as they look like a team that has packed up this season especially last night.

He looked pretty good out there. I did wonder though about all that smoke coming out of the medical tent after he dipped in for a few minutes. Looked like Indian smoke signals coming out of there.

Puff Puff..........Coach 

Puff puff puff....Get me the ball

Puff Puff PUff PUFF......In the second

Puff PUFF PUFF PUFF PUFF.....man this is some good sh...t doc.

Edited by Cowboyz1

1 hour ago, michaelredd9 said:

Most yards by wr vs Chargers this season other than OBJ . Not to shabby at all

1 hour ago, michaelredd9 said:

Most yards by wr vs Chargers this season other than OBJ . Not to shabby at all