[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

He Made it!

cloose

Well thanks to @Montana is da Man and @robotpimp and all you other contributors, my 10 year old backed into the playoffs by taking McCowen over Ryan!  He is so excited.  This is only the third year of the league whose members are 11 of his classmates.  He won the championship the past two years and his buddies are PISSED right now that he made it in again.  Out of the gate he was 6 and 1 then went on a 5 game skid but won this last game...so he is in.

Defense for this week.  GB at Cleveland or Buffalo home v. Indy?

Do we go back to Ryan on road at NO or stick with McCown at Denver....

I personally wouldn't allow kids that young to play fantasy football. Teenagers? Maybe, but definitely not kids younger than that. How does a kid at one even function to set their roster? You need to be honest with yourself and realize that the kid is hardly doing anything because kids don't know enough at that age.

5 minutes ago, LuckyBub said:

I personally wouldn't allow kids that young to play fantasy football. Teenagers? Maybe, but definitely not kids younger than that. How does a kid at one even function to set their roster? You need to be honest with yourself and realize that the kid is hardly doing anything because kids don't know enough at that age.

This is one of the dumbest things you have ever posted, and that is saying something.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, LuckyBub said:

According to the op, it’s a league of only 10 year olds, which wouldn’t be an issue. Well, all 10 year olds and one Dad who takes pleasure in beating 10 year olds in games.

18 minutes ago, ClayMC said:

According to the op, it’s a league of only 10 year olds, which wouldn’t be an issue. Well, all 10 year olds and one Dad who takes pleasure in beating 10 year olds in games.

I have to guess that some other Dads are helping their 10 year old sons out, they just aren't on the huddle forum. 

In this day an age, I give him credit for being a Dad and taking interest in his sons interests.  Give the guy a break

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Montana is da Man said:

I have to guess that some other Dads are helping their 10 year old sons out, they just aren't on the huddle forum. 

In this day an age, I give him credit for being a Dad and taking interest in his sons interests.  Give the guy a break

Just some playful ribbing. i tried getting my 6 month old into fantasy sports this year but he showed no interest.

• Like 1

Save it you idiots.  All the dads take part in their kids process.  We all had a pizza party for the draft and let them draft their own teams.  We all assist in setting their lineups but let the kids take the lead.  My kids loves doing it there is no money and we sit down together and watch games together.  Before you go judging others and their families go look at your own disfuctional units.  If you have this much time to criticize me and my kid for having fun, clearly you are lacking in your own lives.  He and his friends are sports nuts and this is what they love to do with their dads, in between us coaching their various sports.  What a bunch of pathetic losers.  What is more concerning to me woudl be that a bunch of adults are so concerned about a now 11 year old playing a.......GAME.  Thank you @Montana is da Man and @chiefswarpathfor your input all year and understanding that it is a...... GAME.  For the record at no point in any of my posts did I or my son take pleasure in beating any of our friends.  It's called competition and teaching them to win with grace and lose with dignity and that is what we are teaching our boys.  Jesus.  

Edited by cloose
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, cloose said:

Save it you idiots.  All the dads take part in their kids process.  We all had a pizza party for the draft and let them draft their own teams.  We all assist in setting their lineups but let the kids take the lead.  My kids loves doing it there is no money and we sit down together and watch games together.  Before you go judging others and their families go look at your own disfuctional units.  If you have this much time to criticize me and my kid for having fun, clearly you are lacking in your own lives.  He and his friends are sports nuts and this is what they love to do with their dads, in between us coaching their various sports.  What a bunch of pathetic losers.  What is more concerning to me woudl be that a bunch of adults are so concerned about a now 11 year old playing a.......GAME.  Thank you @Montana is da Man and @chiefswarpathfor your input all year and understanding that it is a...... GAME.  For the record at no point in any of my posts did I or my son take pleasure in beating any of our friends.  It's called competition and teaching them to win with grace and lose with dignity and that is what we are teaching our boys.  Jesus.  

A little over dramatic, but i like the passion. 8/10.

11 hours ago, cloose said:

9.5/10 from me I deducted .5 because your location says KC and you are a fan of the Lions and not the Chiefs....to the pit of misery...Dilly!..Dilly! In all seriousness I am in a big money 14 team league. $100 buy in with $5 transaction fee so winner is looking at $3k plus. There is a team of two 12 year old kids (only slightly annoying with dads paying league fees but whatevs they have fun) they draft their team without dads help and they talk trash at draft to me because 2 years in a row these little booger eaters have knocked me out of the playoffs sending me to the pit of misery.

Edited by chiefswarpath
  • Like 2

@chiefswarpath I am from Detroit and that sports team disease runs deep and not my son has the affliction.  Yea next year the boys will do everything on their own and the dads are going to have a separate league.  Not ready to let the knucklehead put money on this manure yet....but in time I am sure it will devolve into that LOL.  Sorry for the blow up but some of those comments were uncalled for and completely moronic.  

3 minutes ago, cloose said:

Sorry for the blow up but some of those comments were uncalled for and completely moronic.  

Totally agree there....The kid likes football feed the passion so you two can sit and watch a random matchup Cowboys vs Giants together on a Monday night and have a rooting interest in it. 

• Like 1

There will be plenty of time to come when he wants nothing to do with me...until then I am going to cherish every minute of that knucklehead running downstairs in his boxers and a T shirt asking me if I want a Guinness before he cuddles into me on the couch to talk and watch football/any sport.....simply the most awsome feeling evah.