[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Browns get it wrong again

flemingd

I was surprised to hear about Sashi getting launched.

I thought his drafts were really good.

They think he hit on 20 of 24 picks? That's :headbang: 

Haslam either doesn't see it or sees it and doesn't care. What an idiot.

Edited by Wolverines Fan

Two great drafts? Jury is still out on many of the draft picks, there's the whole passing on Wentz, Goff, Watson etc. when we really need a QB. Not saying he has been horrible but they haven't given Hue much to work with.

I think it came down to Haslam has more faith in Hue that Sashi, and something went down with the McCarron trade beyond the actual reports.

Either way I'm glad there is some continuity so we don't blow it all up all over again. But until they get back to something like 4-5 wins (their average last 20 years) I'm not thinking anything positive. I still have my doubts about Hue, and I think he must have an OC that handles play calling.

10 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

Two great drafts? Jury is still out on many of the draft picks, there's the whole passing on Wentz, Goff, Watson etc. when we really need a QB.

Yeah.. and people thought Goff was awful last year before they brought in a new coach.  Hard to know how good any of your drafted players are when you have a coach that can't do sh*t with them.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, kdko said:

Yeah.. and people thought Goff was awful last year before they brought in a new coach.  Hard to know how good any of your drafted players are when you have a coach that can't do sh*t with them.

Too true, I have little hope or faith in anybody involved, been beaten down too long.

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, loaf said:

Looks like Sashi was a lame duck for a while. I like this new guy's resume and hope he hits with as many as Sashi did. We have a treasure trove of picks now.

Seems even more likely now that he was let go over the McCarron trade, whether he sabotaged it, or Hue won that power struggle and the relationship was ruined. I agree John Dorsey has a very good resume and has done well at most levels in front office, and lots of scouting and talent evaluation which we desperately need.

I was puzzled when I realized he was Chiefs GM during their draft but then released, so I read up on that to understand what caused that. Nothing that has me too worried though. He isn't great with the salary cap and KC was in hell, but the Browns have like $2 billion avaiable. He's also known to just do things his own way and not consult with others (like the coach or others at VP level).

Remaining cautiously optimistic, will be interesting to see if the team plays any better.

Also hearing that Hue will hire an OC next year, had some lame excuse of why he didn't do it before, so I suspect he's been told he must do it (Haslam or Dorsey).

John Dorsey was a good hire. He built a pretty deep roster in KC. When he got here we were a dumpster fire he seemed to really have a knack for plucking talent off other teams practice squads. Cap issues were his biggest downfall and the comment about him doing it his way is spot on (Jeremy Maclin getting released via VM pissed big Red off) He does seem to have an eye for talent and with all those draft picks Cle could be trending upward in the near future. 

Edited by chiefswarpath