[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Mike Evans, where art thou?

MTSuper7

2 hours ago, michaelredd9 said:

I would have to have really good alternative options to consider benching Evans.  He is talented.  Talented receivers have a tendency to explode at the point where fantasy owners bench them.  Winston will undoubtedly be making an effort to make sure Evans ends the season on a high note.

I agree. It's hard to bench Evans. I have some other options, and maybe I'll post a WDIS thread in the advice forum to see what others think. But I generally don't think anyone's advice will help. What I need is a crystal ball. What's tipping me over the edge to start him is the situation - he is at home on Monday Night against Atlanta. And he has a roughly 6-85-1 career average vs. Atlanta (seven total games including a blowup game in a night game at home last year where he had 11-150-2).

4 minutes ago, MTSuper7 said:

What's tipping me over the edge to start him is the situation - he is at home on Monday Night against Atlanta. And he has a roughly 6-85-1 career average vs. Atlanta (seven total games including a blowup game in a night game at home last year where he had 11-150-2).

It is a nice matchup.  The Falcons have given up the 10th most points to opposing wide receivers and big, physical receivers have done the best against them.  The top 3 scoring wide receivers against the Falcons have been Michael Thomas 6'3" (27.70 fantasy points), Davante Adams 6'1" (23.90 fantasy points), and Robby Anderson 6'3" (22.50 fantasy points).  The Buccaneers will also likely be playing from behind.

Only bench him for guys who will score more than him.

But seriously, you're right about his high ceiling. 

Personally, I'd feel a lot worse missing his ceiling game than I would catching his floor game.

2 hours ago, BA Baracus said:

Only bench him for guys who will score more than him.

But seriously, you're right about his high ceiling. 

Personally, I'd feel a lot worse missing his ceiling game than I would catching his floor game.

His floor shouldnt be 2-4 points for a WR that was going in the first round. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, kdko said:

His floor shouldnt be 2-4 points for a WR that was going in the first round. 

Sad but true. Still, when I look at my other options (Watkins, Diggs), they have the same exact floor. So I might as well go with the guy who historically has shredded Atlanta and who plays at home on Monday night. Regardless, it's amazing that I had a first round bye with Evans and DeMarco Murray as my first two picks. My team this year is proof positive that in-season roster management > draft research and management.