[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Waiver Advice / Rank these players

Shorttynaz

I'm 3-0 and the only undefeated team left in my 10-team PPR league.  There are some 0-3 and 1-2 teams who are better than their records so I certainly want to stay on top of things and roster the best players I can (duh!).   My team: 

QB:  D Watson;  P Rivers

RB:  M Gordon;  L Fournette;  J Howard;  A Ekeler

WR:  B Cooks;  W Fuller;  N Agholor;  T Lockett;  J Gordon;  C Davis

TE:  J Graham;  OJ Howard

PK:  B McManus

DEF:  Houston

I'm going to drop Corey Davis, but who should I drop him for?  There are 3 players that stand out.  This is a FAAB league.  Started out with $750, I have $650 left.  

17th league-ranked WR:  Tyler Boyd

23rd league-ranked WR:  Mike Williams

27th league-ranked RB:  Chris Carson

How would you rank these 3 FA's?  Which order would you put them in?  I'm probably going to put in a claim for each one, but in what order?  I also have to figure out what to bid as well.. 

Edited by Shorttynaz

I think Carson is underrated because their line is so bad.  When Baldwin comes back from injury, I really think the offense for Seattle will start to click more.  You aren't going to play Carson unless you have an injury at RB.  You could potentially use one of these WRs though.  I personally rank them (in terms of upside) Williams, Carson, Boyd, in that order. 

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, El Jefe 92 said:

I think Carson is underrated because their line is so bad.  When Baldwin comes back from injury, I really think the offense for Seattle will start to click more.  You aren't going to play Carson unless you have an injury at RB.  You could potentially use one of these WRs though.  I personally rank them (in terms of upside) Williams, Carson, Boyd, in that order. 

If I would make a play for Carson, I potentially have a lot of trade bait for some of the already RB starved teams out there.  I mean there's a team who's starting RBs are Thompson, Gore, Wilkins, & Cohen.  

Not saying I should put on the block as you pointed out I'd never start Carson unless injury, but it would make all of my RB's desirable.  The Penny owner dropped Carson after week 2, and publically admitted on the league chat that it was a mistake.  Well, stupid for dropping him, but even more stupid for telegraphing your waiver claim.  His RBs are Elliott, McCoy & Penny.  That's it..  He's not as starved as the other guy, but still..  

3rd team in this league has the starters of D Lewis, C Clement, J Ajayi, and Burkhead.  

So there is upside to taking Carson, but that doesn't really 'help' my team - just makes me a team to trade with in a league where (been in this league 17 years) trades do happen, but everyone overvalues their players and undervalues the guys they're trying to trade for.  Not sure I want to help anyone out - but instead - addition by subtraction (claiming a valuable RB off waivers).  

I certainly don't have my mind made up though.  I really like Williams as Allen will draw opponents best corner.  Williams is coming into his own as he displayed against the (arguably) best secondary in the league.  Boyd looks to be just as good in Cincy, but I'm not as sold on the Bengals offense as I am on the Chargers..  

Edited by Shorttynaz
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Shorttynaz said:

If I would make a play for Carson, I potentially have a lot of trade bait for some of the already RB starved teams out there.  I mean there's a team who's starting RBs are Thompson, Gore, Wilkins, & Cohen.  

Not saying I should put on the block as you pointed out I'd never start Carson unless injury, but it would make all of my RB's desirable.  The Penny owner dropped Carson after week 2, and publically admitted on the league chat that it was a mistake.  Well, stupid for dropping him, but even more stupid for telegraphing your waiver claim.  His RBs are Elliott, McCoy & Penny.  That's it..  He's not as starved as the other guy, but still..  

3rd team in this league has the starters of D Lewis, C Clement, J Ajayi, and Burkhead.  

So there is upside to taking Carson, but that doesn't really 'help' my team - just makes me a team to trade with in a league where (been in this league 17 years) trades do happen, but everyone overvalues their players and undervalues the guys they're trying to trade for.  Not sure I want to help anyone out - but instead - addition by subtraction.  

I certainly don't have my mind made up though.  I really like Williams as Allen will draw opponents best corner.  Williams is coming into his own as he displayed against the (arguably) best secondary in the league.  Boyd looks to be just as good in Cincy, but I'm not as sold on the Bengals offense as I am on the Chargers..  

Excellent point.  And, i take zero offense to any of your points as i actually agree with you.  He is a starting RB which there are only so many to go around.  To be honest, I'd rank them pretty close together so if you think you could snag Carson and get a trade done to get better value, do it.  Snag him first and put Williams 2nd. Yea, my league rarely makes trades.  Just like yours, everyone overvalues players so getting trades done are next to impossible.  I have no issue going after Carson first.  With the amount of carries he got, he could have huge value if they can clean up the O-Line play. 

• Thanks 1