[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Thoughts on P. Lindsay moving forward...

captain77

Freebird had 3 catches which is encouraging.  But I think I'd bench him this week against the Rams.  Freeman is a better option in games where the Broncos are leading.  Week 7 is a better matchup for Freeman against the Cardinals.  The Broncos will likely be leading and the Cardinals have given up the second most points to opposing running backs.  Week 8 is against the Chiefs.  The Broncos could be playing from behind but the Chiefs have given up the most points to opposing running backs so it is still a juicy matchup.

Edited by michaelredd9

Just now, michaelredd9 said:

Freebird had 3 catches which is encouraging.  But I think I'd bench him this week against the Rams.  Freeman is a better option in games where the Broncos are leading.  Week 7 is a better matchup for Freeman against the Cardinals.  The Broncos will likely be leading and the Cardinals have given up the second most points to opposing running backs.  Week 8 is against the Chiefs.  The Broncos could be playing from behind but the Chiefs have given up the most points to opposing running backs so it is still a juicy matchup.

Carson and Davis were able to gash the rams...I'm not exactly sure why but I suspect either Seattle's offensive line played well, the threat of Wilson helped or the Rams linebackers might stink(I'm leaning here but I'd have to look into it more ).....biggest question for denver hosting  the Rams is whether or not keenum can keep drives going and the defense can hold the Rams a bit.....I still wouldn't start Freeman but they could have some success running on the Rams..

Biggest problem I see for Denver's run game is inconsistency...both guys have nice averages but they pop off some big gains and while that is nice it doesn't sustain drives 

Need to drop a guy and that's going to be Royce due to how my roster is currently setup.  I need a RB that gets more opportunities.   Targeting FA with Crowell, Smallwood, Nyheim, Keke, John Brown and Tyler Lockett.  

By dropping Royce, I am going to use Lindsay in situational scenarios.  In particular, when I feel Denver is playing from behind.

6 hours ago, indyrckstar said:

Need to drop a guy and that's going to be Royce due to how my roster is currently setup.  I need a RB that gets more opportunities.   Targeting FA with Crowell, Smallwood, Nyheim, Keke, John Brown and Tyler Lockett.  

By dropping Royce, I am going to use Lindsay in situational scenarios.  In particular, when I feel Denver is playing from behind.

Don't want to derail this thread, but what kind of league has this guy as a free agent?

2 hours ago, darin3 said:

Huh.  Even with that I'd suspect he'd be taken.  He's WR23 in PPR, WR19 in standard.

Anyways...

Currently, Tyler Lockett is #15 WR scorer.  Brown is #22.  Keke has done very well in the last two game which is the only data available.  Crowell is the #6 RB overall RB.  

Smaller league, less bench, season still young, having a flex, etc...  has an impact.  With that said, I expect him to be picked up this week.

• 2 weeks later...
12 hours ago, LordOpie said:

on the local sports talk radio, Alfred Williams (2x superbowl winner with broncos) said he has always thought that Lindsay was way more like Christian McCaffrey than not.

the question is no longer... should PL be on the waiver wire (if he's available, you need to get him). The question is, when do you start him? Is he heading to every week starter? How much upside does he have? Sell high now?

It's funny you say that. I've been using that comparison myself, telling people he's like a poor man's CM. It seems to be that PL has just as much power/speed as CM, but what he lacks is vision. I've seen him literally run around a hole rather than through it. I play a .5 PPR league and I've gotten to the point where I start him in my flex every week. It just feels like this guy is only one missed tackle away from taking it to the house every time he touches the ball.

• Thanks 1