[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Kareem Hunt Altercation

jamesplante11

6 minutes ago, ThatDude said:

let’s see how the NFL handles this one. I can guarantee it will not be consistent with what they have done in the past

I would assume, obviously, that nothing will be done before Sundays game, obviously, unless it's done by the Chiefs...but I don't see that happening.

38 minutes ago, jamesplante11 said:

http://www.tmz.com/2018/11/30/kc-chiefs-kareem-hunt-attacked-kicked-woman-surveillance-video/

Apparently the Chiefs are also just finding out about this.

Are you sure?  The article says that team CEO commented about it back in August.

Still, this is not good. 

What does everyone think about possible suspensions?  Probably nothing this year huh, but maybe kicks in during 2019?  Whole season?  Couple of games?  Aghghhghghhghhh

I think the team was aware of the incident, but because no charges were filed, the police didn't pursue, and no one saw the video, it was brushed aside. I would think that with video evidence coming out today - the NFL would be encouraged to take swift action to avoid taking another PR hit similar to the Ray Rice situation. Curious to hear what others think though.

37 minutes ago, darin3 said:

Are you sure?  The article says that team CEO commented about it back in August.

Still, this is not good. 

What does everyone think about possible suspensions?  Probably nothing this year huh, but maybe kicks in during 2019?  Whole season?  Couple of games?  Aghghhghghhghhh

I think the team knew about the incident. Just found out a video was in the possession of TMZ, pure speculation but there was a tweet from some sports reporter that the team found out just like the rest of us. 

Edited by jamesplante11

21 minutes ago, BHL said:

I think the team was aware of the incident, but because no charges were filed, the police didn't pursue, and no one saw the video, it was brushed aside. I would think that with video evidence coming out today - the NFL would be encouraged to take swift action to avoid taking another PR hit similar to the Ray Rice situation. Curious to hear what others think though.

The precedent with Zeke last year says the NFL will likely take action despite the fact that law enforcement didnt.

• Thanks 1

At about the 1 minute 3 second mark you can see a woman taking video of Hunt going nuts and then one of Hunt's buddies run at her and rip the phone out of her hands, to delete the video I assume.