[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Kareem Hunt Altercation

jamesplante11

21 minutes ago, DanTheMan_5 said:

Not really. It would make sense that a white racist wouldn’t want to hang out with a black man. 

A dirtbag on the other hand???

He's calling her a white trash dirt bag because she allegedly called his friend the N word. Or are you assuming she's white trash based on the fact that she's white and she's hanging out with a black NFL player and his black "entourage?". Supposedly this all stemmed from her refusing to have sex with one of his friends. That wouldn't really suggest she's white trash to me. 

1 hour ago, windham9 said:

Kareem Hunt, the straw that broke the camels back. After 10 + years of LM/FFL this is the last straw. I can no longer in good conscience ask owners for entry fees knowing an owner in every league will have a winning season destroyed because of stuff like this every year.  Rice, AP, 'no-show' Bell, on and on it never ends. Injuries are bad enough, but these unnecessary actions by elite players every season has got old. I have 6 $$ leagues, one is in season 10, I intend to get owners to take over as LM in 2019, I'll remain on next year as just a owner to help the transitions, and done after that.  I know I should be more upset about the 'victim', but every league gets messed up & outcome altered, and somebody gets cheated every league every season because of these idiots. They have ruined a great thing.

Not to mention ruining their real live team's seasons as well. All fans are sick of it. Crap like this should be resolved prior to the season. Anything that comes up in-season should be dealt with afterwards. Hunt should have been investigated & released prior to this season, or not until next February. No action should be taken on this stuff until the offseason. Let everything play out then deal with it.

Then it doesn't affect the outcome of the NFL or FFL.

I just can't ask friends for $$ anymore, knowing most likely the best team will be cheated out of the win every league every year by these fools.

It was great years ago but been going downhill since Rice, just gets worse

Knee-jerk reaction maybe? I have Hunt in my high stakes league where I happen to be LM as well, and the thought never crossed my mind to step down as commish or quit ff entirely - that's insane. If over the course of 17 weeks you can't put together a team that can't survive with the loss of a single rb1, then maybe you should just quit.

11 minutes ago, pun said:

i just don't understand what makes this a domestic violence situation.... isn't this just "violence?"

is any instance of violence between two people who know each other considered "domestic violence?"

Was wondering about that myself, they barely knew each other.

14 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

Is it possible she was a Ho? Just asking the questions. 

Absolutely. It's possible she's a ho, it's possible she's white trash and it's possible she's prone to using racial slurs. But realize that those are all narratives being given to you by Hunt and his friends combined with your own assumptions. It's also possible she's just a chick who thought it would be cool to hang out with an NFL star or maybe she was just there with a friend. The facts are she refused to have sex with one of Hunt's friends, stated by Hunt himself, and whatever happened as a result you see played out on the video.

3 minutes ago, rajncajn said:

Absolutely. It's possible she's a ho, it's possible she's white trash and it's possible she's prone to using racial slurs. But realize that those are all narratives being given to you by Hunt and his friends combined with your own assumptions. It's also possible she's just a chick who thought it would be cool to hang out with an NFL star or maybe she was just there with a friend. The facts are she refused to have sex with one of Hunt's friends, stated by Hunt himself, and whatever happened as a result you see played out on the video.

The video only shows what occurred in the hallway, far from an all inclusive coverage of the night from beginning to end.

What seems odd is how does TMZ get this video now, months later. Did the NFL or Chiefs try to get it, did they see it? This feels like another Ray Rice incident NFL (the really bad word)s up, video is released and they need to cover and take swift action.

4 minutes ago, rajncajn said:

Absolutely. And I hope you understand that I'm making light of an awful situation. It's also possible that Hunt is a violent woman beater. It's hard to justify kicking a defenseless 110 pound girl while she's sitting on the ground.

2 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

The video only shows what occurred in the hallway, far from an all inclusive coverage of the night from beginning to end.

What seems odd is how does TMZ get this video now, months later. Did the NFL or Chiefs try to get it, did they see it? This feels like another Ray Rice incident NFL (the really bad word)s up, video is released and they need to cover and take swift action.

I agree 100%. There is no doubt that the NFL had this video from day one. They just hoped it never made the light of day. 

12 hours ago, rajncajn said:

Rice's career was arguably on the downslide already. 

"Arguably" is the key word here. He had a down year plagued by injuries, but was only 26. Nevertheless, dowslide or not, his situation ended his career. I can see this happening to Hunt also. His only hope is that Adrian Peterson was able to make it back into the league after his domestic situation. 

4 hours ago, Shaft said:

"Arguably" is the key word here. He had a down year plagued by injuries, but was only 26. Nevertheless, dowslide or not, his situation ended his career. I can see this happening to Hunt also. His only hope is that Adrian Peterson was able to make it back into the league after his domestic situation. 

Unless he's prosecuted he'll be back next next season. It will ultimately come down to what teams are willing to take the PR hit. 

7 hours ago, pun said:

i just don't understand what makes this a domestic violence situation.... isn't this just "violence?"

is any instance of violence between two people who know each other considered "domestic violence?"

Agreed. This is simple battery.

21 hours ago, MTSuper7 said:

Anyone who hasn’t seen the video needs to watch it. The behavior isn’t excusable, but it also isn’t nearly as severe as what Ray Rice did. It’s also nowhere near as bad as Zeke Elliott beating the living daylights out of his girlfriend more than once. But because it wasn’t taped, Zeke only gets suspended. What Hunt did was much less severe, but video makes it a career ender? All this does is prove the NFL is all about appearances and doesn’t really care about domestic violence. They just want to protect their brand. It’s nauseating. I’m not saying Hunt doesn’t deserve this, but it’s blatant negligence for the NFL to accept worse just because there isn’t video evidence.

21 hours ago, LordOpie said:

lol, I just watched the video. That kick to her while on the ground sounds horrible and then you watch the video. :lol: I see way worse from elementary school kids on the playground. Was Kareem wrong? Of course, this was no beating... ya know, not like when Adrian Peterson beat his child and left welts on the kid... yet, he's playing. This is a nothing story and MTSuper7 is right... pure reactionary bullmanure by the NFL.

The NFL can (the really bad word) itself.

I just watched the video and I agree with you both. Hunt was clearly wrong, but this was farrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr from the Ray Rice, Adrian Peterson, and Zeke situations. I didn't watch because I didn't want to have my stomach turn. Then I watched it and I just kept rewinding waiting for the nasty blow. Kareem was wrong, but this story is not as dramatic as TMZ is making it out to be. 

Edited by Shaft
  • Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, Shaft said:

I just watched the video and I agree with you both. Hunt was clearly wrong, but this was farrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr from the Ray Rice, Adrian Peterson, and Zeke situations. I didn't watch because I didn't want to have my stomach turn. Then I watched it and I just kept rewinding waiting for the nasty blow. Kareem was wrong, but this story is not as dramatic as TMZ is making it out to be. 

Completely agreed, he gave her a push, she gave him a shot to the face, even his kick was lame to be honest. The worst shot was when he pushed the guy into her. 

Regardless, shouldn't be hitting the womens. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, irish said:

Completely agreed, he gave her a push, she gave him a shot to the face, even his kick was lame to be honest. The worst shot was when he pushed the guy into her. 

Regardless, shouldn't be hitting the womens. 

Agreed!

23 hours ago, LordOpie said:

lol, I just watched the video. That kick to her while on the ground sounds horrible and then you watch the video. :lol: I see way worse from elementary school kids on the playground. Was Kareem wrong? Of course, this was no beating... ya know, not like when Adrian Peterson beat his child and left welts on the kid... yet, he's playing. This is a nothing story and MTSuper7 is right... pure reactionary bullmanure by the NFL.

The NFL can (the really bad word) itself.

Finally someone who makes sense. Anyone who watches the video and compares it anywhere close to the Ray Rice incident is on glue. I agree he acted like an idiot but this is a huge over reaction 

• Thanks 2

41 minutes ago, Wolverines Fan said:

The NFL is now investigating three incidents involving Hunt.

It's up to three. Ruh-roh.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/12295/kareem-hunt

I heard there was definitely a 2nd "altercation" in June.  He was at a club with his girlfriend and some hoodlums tried to start crap with him and Hunt didn't do anything.  

Not sure what the 3rd deal is.

Hunt will be back in 2019.

2 hours ago, darin3 said:

I heard there was definitely a 2nd "altercation" in June.  He was at a club with his girlfriend and some hoodlums tried to start crap with him and Hunt didn't do anything.  

Not sure what the 3rd deal is.

Hunt will be back in 2019.

June incident was also in Ohio, at Put-In-Bay a resort island in Lake Erie, lots of partying and wild behavior there. 

January incident was in KC, he punched some guy in the face at a bar.

In none of these cases were any charges filed.

In the CLE incident at his apartment it was up to the women to press chargers, take the report from police and go to prosecutors office. She declined, police didn't see the tape, and Hunt told them he was in the apartment during the whole fight, so we'll see if they do anything there, but last I read in local press was police say no change at this time. 

I heard both other incidents the victim did not want to press chargers. 

He will probably be back, not sure when. One thing that gets me is league basically has him suspended now without saying it, nobody can sign and play him, but that won't count as "time served" when he gets suspended. 

Where does the criminal investigation for Hunt stand (CLE Feb incident)