Sign in to follow this  
Shorttynaz

No horsecollar on a QB??

Probably the most blatant horse-collar I have ever seen and it doesn't get called? Quarterbacks in this league are extremely protected but a horse collar is okay if he's in the pocket?? 

(the really bad word)in NFL can't get out of its own way.  

I saw that too on Watson. They said it was ok. If QB is still in the pocket. Makes no sense. They will change the rule.

I didn't realize that was a rule, Bruce Arians who mentioned it said they were considering changing it. Most times you see it with a runner/receiver going down the field at speed and the potential danger is much higher in that case. 

Players could grab the back of the jersey which is harder, pull them down and do the same damage, so not sure making it specific to where you grab the guy (inside the collar of the jersey) matters all that much. 

Great way to snap some ankles or break legs regardless of he is running out standing still. 

1 hour ago, Shorttynaz said:

Great way to snap some ankles or break legs regardless of he is running out standing still. 

And those injuries cannot happen when players are hit other ways? Could hit QB in the chest or lower body legally and cause a similar motion.

This is a contact sport, not tiddlywinks. Or just make it 2 hand touch on the QBs and be down with it.