[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

K Benjamin

Shorttynaz

Wow.

Gotta think two teams dumping him says a lot about him. And to think he ran his mouth about Cam Newton this summer. He has the physical tools but he cannot put it all together since college.

Wasn't he like an elite WR couple years ago in CAR, now traded then cut. (2014 rookie year and 2016 after missing a season with ACL injury)

Looking at his numbers I see his catch% is way down this year, he needs an increasing number of targets to produce.

56 minutes ago, DMD said:

Wow.

Gotta think two teams dumping him says a lot about him. And to think he ran his mouth about Cam Newton this summer. He has the physical tools but he cannot put it all together since college.

Does he though?  He always seemed like a 'tweener to me.  Just too big to play WR in the traditional sense.  Doesn't seem to have the skillset of a TE, but maybe he could be converted.  

Huh, he's "only" listed at 6'5", 245 lbs. on Rotoworld.  I thought he was more in the 260ish range.  He's a load though.

Honestly, I'd like to see him on the Bears.  I think he'd mesh well with what they currently have there.  Worth a shot.

By this point, I think he has three hurdles to get past to matter in the NFL. 

1. Attitude

2. Work Ethic

3. Maybe not the brightest bulb on the tree.

Those three kill off a lot of college all-stars when they reach the NFL and natural ability no longer is enough.

3 hours ago, DMD said:

1. Attitude

2. Work Ethic

Those three kill off a lot of college all-stars when they reach the NFL and natural ability no longer is enough.

That's what I'm thinking as well. Still, the Saints could use some help at the position and maybe he'd have some extra motivation getting to play against Carolina twice a year. Wouldn't hurt having a better QB either. I wouldn't mind the Saints bringing him in. 

9 hours ago, rajncajn said:

That's what I'm thinking as well. Still, the Saints could use some help at the position and maybe he'd have some extra motivation getting to play against Carolina twice a year. Wouldn't hurt having a better QB either. I wouldn't mind the Saints bringing him in. 

The Saints would definitely be a nice landing spot for him. Good call.

17 hours ago, Shorttynaz said:

Just cut by the Bills 

They have up a 3rd & a 7th to get him.  Bills always gonna be the Bills. 

And all they had to do was not re-sign him in free agency and  they would have gotten some kind of compensatory pick for him.  What a bunch of idiots.  I bet the Ravens or Patriots understand this and claim him.

Just now, flemingd said:

And all they had to do was not re-sign him in free agency and  they would have gotten some kind of compensatory pick for him.  What a bunch of idiots.  I bet the Ravens or Patriots understand this and claim him.

He would be dangerous with the Patriots. That's a scary thought. 

7 minutes ago, LordOpie said:

it's funny that you say that because you're contracting your previous post that he'll have some value in FA next eyar

Some team will get a possible 1st round talent at a cheap price. How is that not value?

• Like 1

16 hours ago, DMD said:

1. Attitude

2. Work Ethic

Don't forget his lack of ability to create separation from DBs.  at 6'5" I'm sure someone will give him another shot, but he hasn't been productive since his rookie year. And has a habit of landing on the injury report.

19 minutes ago, LordOpie said:

1. Would any team give a 1st for him? If not, he is not a 1st round talent.

2. by "value", I specifically mean the cash value a team next FA assigns him when he signs a contract. If no team would give up $2mil for the next four games with the inside track to re-sign him, then he's clearly not worth much cash. Isn't that part of the valuation in determining Comp Picks?

I said possible 1st round talent. I never said he was worth a 1st round pick now. Just the possibility that he can still play at that level given the right circumstances.

BTW, I went back and read fleming's previous post and he didn't say anything about Benjamin's value. He said the Bills could have possibly gotten a compensatory pick for him if he signed with another team in FA. Given the Bills gave up a 3rd & 7th to get him it stands to reason they would likely get a compensatory pick for losing him. 

Edited by rajncajn

2 hours ago, LordOpie said:

I hear you, but isn't comp pick determined on future (or current when free agency opens next season) value? Not based on what you previous paid?

Yes, but at this point why not wait and see what that is?  They are on the hook for the money anyway, so it's not saving them any cash.  If they sign more than they lose then oh well, nothing lost.  But what if they don't end up very active and lose the same or more players?  Then they have now lost the opportunity to get a pick in place of Benjamin.  Even if that's only a 6th rounder it's still a free asset.  If someone had a free 6th rounder and had thrown the Phillip Lindsay dart with it that would be pretty significant.  Silly of the Bills not to wait and see.

Actually this has me thinking. Was there ever a 300 lb tight end?  I'm not talking gadget stuff like the Fridge. Do you think we will see one?  And by that I mean somebody relatively decent who plays tight end regularly. I would imagine we would and in the not-too-distant future

Edited by purplemonster

Cam Newton weighs as much as Benjamin(245), at least with data shown on PFR (Panthers roster has same for Cam).

Gronk is 265, Megatron was same as Benjamin.

I tried looking up some other big WR/TE and couldn't find anybody over 265.  Ditka was only 228 :)