[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Report: Antonio Brown was benched for the Bengals game

Wolverines Fan

Andrew Fillipponi Reports:

"I've been told from multiple people the teammate in the "unspecified heated dispute with a teammate" in the @PittsburghPG story on Antonio Brown is Ben Roethlisberger...tell me how many other star quarterbacks have to put up with this kind of crap? It's sad."

Edited by League_Champion

9 minutes ago, Wolverines Fan said:

Wow. Didn't know Roethlisberger was the target. 

Can Brown come back from this? 

He could but he's gonna have a lot of explaining and apologizing to do. He basically bailed out on his teammates. He also has to come to terms and realize that Juju is now the top dog in Pitt. 

51 minutes ago, Montana is da Man said:

They can't vote Antonio captain after he threw a football at his QB

Didn't the vote happen before the pegging?

Ouch!  I recommend Big Ben and AB avoid this thread.  When things get this broken it is hard to repair them.  This looks bad for Tomlin and AB and looks like a dysfunctional franchise.  I think they will have to move on from AB if at all possible.  When you are missing an entire week of practice before a huge game something is terribly wrong.  

ab is an amazing talent...but hes always been a hothead...which is fine i guess...i like the fact that hes different...life would be boring if everyone were boring and the same...i sort of loathe bland people really....

but the guy got kicked out of FIU before playing a down....hes been reported to have thrown furniture from the 14th floor of his apt building.....he had the incident where he filmed tomlin and posted it...along with several other incidents....i mean....im sure theres alot more thats gone on with this guy that has gone unreported behind the scenes...and he probably believes that it will always be tolerated as long as hes productive....but you have to believe alot of people are getting tired of it...especially when they have a fun loving alternative on the scene who toes the line

The Steelers have been competitive and in the mix for as long as I can remember . It does seem though like they are hitting a challenging time for the franchise. Big Ben has been one of the best QBs in the game for a while . Giant talent and intangibles , but he has limited years left. Tomlin in turmoil. AB in turmoil. Bell gone . Maybe they can rally and now wallow in decline for a while , who knows . It just seems like they are headed for a rebuild . Im a huge fan of JuJu . I think that guy is everything thats right about the game

8 minutes ago, purplemonster said:

In retrospect I wonder if it hadn't been better to play him then shop him in the offseason. Probably would have gotten out anyway though, I don't know. Now everyone knows they really would like market price for him and have him gone.

It's a tough spot for the Steelers. Especially after losing Bell. It will be interesting to see how it all plays out. 

9 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

It's a tough spot for the Steelers. Especially after losing Bell. It will be interesting to see how it all plays out. 

It will definitely be interesting, Antonio Brown may be a diva but he's also really really good. There will be some teams tempted regardless I would think. But he's also on the wrong side of 30, not the biggest deal for a receiver but a consideration. I'm not up to date on his contract situation either

Edited by purplemonster

2 hours ago, purplemonster said:

It will definitely be interesting, Antonio Brown may be a diva but he's also really really good. There will be some teams tempted regardless I would think. But he's also on the wrong side of 30, not the biggest deal for a receiver but a consideration. I'm not up to date on his contract situation either

I agree totally. This can go a number of ways. 

25 minutes ago, LordOpie said:

that's not how it works.

If there are 2 or more teams interested, they'll keep his value at market (or even more). I can see 49ers, CHI, WAS, NYJ,  and maybe DET, TB, BUF, TEN, IND, all being interested. That's 3-8 teams I predict that will call in. His value isn't going low.

Depends on the cap hit 

The Steelers were next to last in the NFL in rushing, behind the Arizona Cardinals, so all the early season proclamations of not needing Bell have seemingly been vanquished.  The leadership of this team is largely in the hands of Tomlin and Ben, IMHO, and they suck at being leaders.   They lost control of the team.  Egos in the NFL are abundant, and the Steelers put on a text book display on how to mismanage those egos to the detriment of their team.