[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Report: Antonio Brown was benched for the Bengals game

Wolverines Fan

On 2019-01-02 at 7:58 PM, stethant said:

I agree the drama needs to end but I don't see how the Steelers compete at a consistent playoff level without their #1 RB and their #1 WR, both of which were top 5 at their respective positions. That is a ton of talent to lose.

Steelers need to be careful here or they can quickly become irrelevant for the next ~3 years. Managing character flaws is part of the NFL. I agree with other posters about leadership - they need alot more of it about now.

They haven't won a damn thing with them, might as well lose without em and I believe they can improve overall by trading him. 11 of Ben's 16 Int were balls forced to AB when  he had no business throwing it there. Why did he throw it ? AB throws tantrums when he doesn't get the ball. Trade him to Arizona for Patrick Peterson. They will be losing Fitzgerald to retirement likely and need a #1WR for Thierry franchise QB. We need CBS help desperately. We've never had issues finding WR's.. can't replace AB but if you bring in a guy that can catch 50-60 balls behind JUJU, focus on the defense it's manageable. They need to go back to their roots which is smash mouth football. 7-1 when Ben threw less than 30 balls. Get rid of the drama, build the defense and protect the QB. When have we recently seen a Superbowl Team with these Uber talented Diva Players like Bell and Brown? Being a steeler fan used to be a pride thing. Only franchise with 6 superbowls, only 3 coaches in out history, deep history of hall of fame talent and Real MEN, Mean Joe Jack Lambert, Polamalu and Bettis. Now look at us. Falling apart. I'd sooner have 0-16 with good men and TEAM of good character than a 10-6 team with a bunch of selfish me me me punks. 

Edited by Gourdeau

22 hours ago, Gourdeau said:

I'd sooner have 0-16 with good men and TEAM of good character than a 10-6 team with a bunch of selfish me me me punks. 

Lol that's pretty rich. The Steelers QB - Ben Roethlisberger - is literally a rapist. If you've been complaining about him the whole time, through the SB titles, then fine.

Otherwise, this is a curious time to get all high and mighty.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, stethant said:

Lol that's pretty rich. The Steelers QB - Ben Roethlisberger - is literally a rapist. If you've been complaining about him the whole time, through the SB titles, then fine.

I'll take the 16-0 team full of punks all day. It's a football team not a church choir. 

On 1/2/2019 at 3:08 PM, whomper said:

AB is the Cersie to JUJUs queen Margery . The people love Juju.  sorry . I watched like 20 GOT episodes in the last 5 days

You got free HBO for the weekend? We've watched a ton of them to catch back up too. Little Finger's final episode was great. The finale with the green fire was awesome too.

On 1/4/2019 at 5:41 PM, stethant said:

This.  A rapist is your starting QB for 14 years and fans suddenly get worried about team character.  

On 1/6/2019 at 12:42 PM, Bobby Brown said:

This.  A rapist is your starting QB for 14 years and fans suddenly get worried about team character.  

I've heard Gordeau say negative things about the Steelers before, including Ben. And when he mentions the "real men" of the Steelers he is not including Ben. 

I'm sure every team has their bad guys, some are just more well known to the public because they've been caught in various bad situations. 

Look at the Ravens, Ray Lewis involved in murder (by many accounts) but he gets to be the face of the team for their playoff game, ramble on in the hype-n-jive segment leading up to the game start, then come prancing out of the tunnel acting like some mad man jumping around and getting wound up. 

1 hour ago, stevegrab said:

I've heard Gordeau say negative things about the Steelers before, including Ben. And when he mentions the "real men" of the Steelers he is not including Ben. 

I'm sure every team has their bad guys, some are just more well known to the public because they've been caught in various bad situations. 

Look at the Ravens, Ray Lewis involved in murder (by many accounts) but he gets to be the face of the team for their playoff game, ramble on in the hype-n-jive segment leading up to the game start, then come prancing out of the tunnel acting like some mad man jumping around and getting wound up. 

This

I Never said Ben was a good guy. But you know what he never did? Never quit on the team and didn't show up for work (minus his suspension of course). But on that note, the first thing he did was went and met Mr Rooney on his own merit to formally apologize in person, and publicly apologized in the media, doesn't make his actions right of course, but my point is he addressed it with the team immediately, remained engaged with the team within the limitations of his suspension. Where is Brown right now? We still don't know what his panties are all in a knot about? He's posting on Instagram about his enemies and "who wants it" as he posts videos of himself training. 

I guess my overall point was misunderstood and obviously over exaggerated on my part in the heat of all this drama. What i'm saying is I'd prefer to have guys that don't constantly cause distractions that take away from the teams ability to win games. Tomlin, Bell, Brown, all three of them are constant distractions. Ben has his share of drama no doubt, especially on his radio show, but, I think a HOF QB gets a pass on that given their value to a franchise. Won nothing with AB and Bell, won nothing With AB without Bell, treat the cancer and take back the locker room even if that means less wins, which personally, I don't feel no AB necessarily means less wins.  

These statements sticks out to me 

“Whether the situation can be reconciled and have him back on the team next year, we’re a long way away from thinking that can happen. We’re not closing the door on anything at this point.”

"Rooney said he will talk with some of the team leaders to see how they feel about Brown returning next season.

“That’s one of the questions we have to answer — whether we can get to a point where we all feel good about him being on the roster next year,” Rooney said. “We have a way to go before we feel good about that.”

I may be over analyzing here but we rarely see teams speak publically bout these types of situations. My gut tells me he's putting the ball into AB's court to reconcile this. If Brown really wants to stay a steeler he will come begging to stay and try to make it right. Brown is a big legacy and stats guy so it's absolutely possible he wants to stay a steeler. Time will tell 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gourdeau said:

“Whether the situation can be reconciled and have him back on the team next year, we’re a long way away from thinking that can happen. We’re not closing the door on anything at this point.”

"Rooney said he will talk with some of the team leaders to see how they feel about Brown returning next season.

“That’s one of the questions we have to answer — whether we can get to a point where we all feel good about him being on the roster next year,” Rooney said. “We have a way to go before we feel good about that.”

I may be over analyzing here but we rarely see teams speak publically bout these types of situations. My gut tells me he's putting the ball into AB's court to reconcile this. If Brown really wants to stay a steeler he will come begging to stay and try to make it right. Brown is a big legacy and stats guy so it's absolutely possible he wants to stay a steeler. Time will tell 

This seems right to me. If AB understands what a jackwagon he was then there's a pathway to reconciliation. Otherwise, peace out.

Can't blame the Steelers one bit - just a big hit to the team but doesn't seem like they can live with him under these circumstances.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Gourdeau said:

No way AB comes back begging, and I doubt they expect that. He does need to call Rooney or Tomlin, and apologize to the entire team (fans too) for his behavior. Not sure any of that will happen. Browns seems to just keep posting silly tweets in response to anything people on the team do/say. He seems irrational, don't recall him being like this before. 

• 2 weeks later...

Great read here on AB. Comments from interviees off over 20 former teammates. I'm not sure if this helps or hurts his trade value. I mean it's over emphasized how hard he works and the results speak for themselves. Its really a case of giving an inch amd taking a mile so a GM may look at this and say as long as we lay it out clearly what the rules are then we can control this guy, a team a piece away is going to pay up.

'It's probably over': How it's gone wrong with Antonio Brown and the Steelers https://es.pn/2FMPERr
via @ESPN App http://es.pn/app

Edited by Gourdeau

• 2 weeks later...

Nothing but a headline really, zero facts other than "not arrested" and "involved in domestic dispute", which could mean an argument with a family member. 

And the only source is TMZ (every other story I see references them), but that tweet has ZERO info, I did read a bit more and confirmed that police were called and investigated, and that it involved a woman calling police alleging "misconduct" by Brown. 

He may have done something stupid that could have major impact, or this could be nothing. Barely worth a reaction at this point.