[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Report: Antonio Brown was benched for the Bengals game

Wolverines Fan

26 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

I agree, but can they survive losing Bell and AB? It's a tough one. 

Depends on what they do in free agency and in the draft. They have a good enough offense without both AS LONG AS they shore up their defense. Their offensive line is top 3 in league and Connor until concussion was awesome and on pace to out stat Bell. Ben has always found receivers to throw too his entire career. Some argue that because  AB is such a little whiny bitch causes Ben to force him the ball which causes alot of his INTs.. I buy that somewhat.  Either way they won nothing with both of them so get rid of the drama and be done with it.

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Gourdeau said:

Depends on what they do in free agency and in the draft. They have a good enough offense without both AS LONG AS they shore up their defense. Their offensive line is top 3 in league and Connor until concussion was awesome and on pace to out stat Bell. Ben has always found receivers to throw too his entire career. Some argue that because  AB is such a little whiny bitch causes Ben to force him the ball which causes alot of his INTs.. I buy that somewhat.  Either way they won nothing with both of them so get rid of the drama and be done with it.

True, and I don't see how they can keep him after bailing out on his teammates right before the biggest game. It's inexcusable.

7 hours ago, Gourdeau said:

A lot of good points here.  I think you have to ask yourself how much BS do you want to tolerate.  if it is AB it is going to be mountains of BS.  Personally I'd rather suck and not have AB then be sort of ok with AB and lots of drama.  I am not sure that's the choices or not, but that's the risk.  You could argue they'd be better as Gourdeau stated bc Ben wouldn't feel he has to force the ball.  At this point, I'd get what I can get as long as it's reasonable and get out of a bad situation.  If a guy quits on you in the biggest game of the year when won't he quit on you?  If you enjoy that scenario, by all means, keep him.

Edited by purplemonster
  • Like 1

The stupid with this guy is just unfathomable. He wants to be traded yet making it very hard for other teams to make any reasonable offer. What value is there in the steelers trading him for anything less than an early 2ND round pick or a solid player coming back.. They eat 20 mil of his contract either way. Might as well keep him and deactivate him every game to prove a point and wait until a good offer comes in..Better than cutting him and letting a contender grab him for nothing.. theyd be selling him very low right now. Wait until a contender emerges early season after an injury and when they get desperate. 

Hes been a knuckle head sincw burfict clobbered him a few years back. I seriously question his mental health. He's  also got 2 pending legal cases potentially and was just convicted today of a traffic offence ( didn't show up)

Edited by Gourdeau

48 minutes ago, Gourdeau said:

The stupid with this guy is just unfathomable. He wants to be traded yet making it very hard for other teams to make any reasonable offer. What value is there in the steelers trading him for anything less than an early 2ND round pick or a solid player coming back.. They eat 20 mil of his contract either way. Might as well keep him and deactivate him every game to prove a point and wait until a good offer comes in..Better than cutting him and letting a contender grab him for nothing.. theyd be selling him very low right now. Wait until a contender emerges early season after an injury and when they get desperate. 

Hes been a knuckle head sincw burfict clobbered him a few years back. I seriously question his mental health. He's  also got 2 pending legal cases potentially and was just convicted today of a traffic offence ( didn't show up)

You are 100% right. The guy is bat shizz crazy. He's a grown baby 

19 minutes ago, purplemonster said:

AB is certainly not going to help the situation for future prima donnas after how he burned the Steelers.  Steelers need to move on ASAP and salvage what they can here

Again I see no need to rush in making a trade just to get rid of him. Playing is out of the question yes, buthe unless you're getting a 1st or 2nd rounder in return or a starter in return you aren't making any headway on the playing field either way. 

He's at his absolute lowest value. Sit and wait and keep him away from the team in the meantime. Once the season starts the teams with injuries or who are a piece away will come knocking.. the rams come to mind.

This isnt like if they dont trade him he can walk.. dude has got 3 years on his deal and has been paid a ton up front. He has ZERO leverage here other than he is a distraction. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gourdeau said:

Again I see no need to rush in making a trade just to get rid of him. Playing is out of the question yes, buthe unless you're getting a 1st or 2nd rounder in return or a starter in return you aren't making any headway on the playing field either way. 

He's at his absolute lowest value. Sit and wait and keep him away from the team in the meantime. Once the season starts the teams with injuries or who are a piece away will come knocking.. the rams come to mind.

This isnt like if they dont trade him he can walk.. dude has got 3 years on his deal and has been paid a ton up front. He has ZERO leverage here other than he is a distraction. 

I hear your point, but I think we disagree that he is at his lowest value.  I think his value could get quite a bit lower actually.  And he is due another 2 million plus bonus in a month if he isn't traded.  It's only partially related to his value.  He is a cancerous aspect to the Steelers now and it threatens to eat away at the season like Leveon if it goes on too long.  Any more crazy antics, arrests, police investigations, weird tweets, injuries, etc and he could be worth quite a bit less.  You might be right that perhaps his value improves closer to the season when people get nervous and want to make a deal.  I am just not sure I'd take the risk.  

Edited by purplemonster

AB at it again.  Liking tweets referencing Big Ben's rape allegations.  Now saying Ben has an "owner's mentality" and that the team he is playing for now is AB84 

https://syndication.bleacherreport.com/amp/2821111-antonio-brown-calls-out-ben-roethlisberger-says-he-has-an-owner-mentality.amp.html

Personally I wouldn't touch this guy and his salary with a 10 foot pole. 

11 minutes ago, purplemonster said:

AB at it again.  Liking tweets referencing Big Ben's rape allegations.  Now saying Ben has an "owner's mentality" and that the team he is playing for now is AB84 

https://syndication.bleacherreport.com/amp/2821111-antonio-brown-calls-out-ben-roethlisberger-says-he-has-an-owner-mentality.amp.html

Personally I wouldn't touch this guy and his salary with a 10 foot pole. 

He is falling apart at the seams. I wouldn't touch him either. He is losing his mind. 

34 minutes ago, Gourdeau said:

LOL forward to 4:30 this guy truly has lost his mind. Demanding trade when he's got 3 years on his deal left AND now saying he isn't playing without guaranteed contract

More times than not, this kind of posturing works when the player is a superstar.  As a quasi-free agent, all he needs is for 1 team to be willing to give him a new contract with guaranteed money.  The squeaky wheel gets the grease.

37 minutes ago, LordOpie said:

what's funny is that this is a form of "tampering".

A player can't tamper.  Only agents and coaches/gms/owners can be guilty of tampering.  Antonio is asking to be tampered with but he would still be innocent of tampering even if a team tampers with him.  Also, he might have gotten the green light from Rooney to communicate with other teams and then it wouldn't even be tampering from the other side.

Edited by michaelredd9

1 hour ago, Gourdeau said:

Great breakdown of meeting with AB here 

https://twitter.com/BobLabriola/status/1098341960220327936?s=19

Kevin Colbert can talk tough but his words ring hollow.  The Steelers will trade Antonio this off-season.  They will have to accept the highest offer from any team excluding the Patriots and not in their division.  It'll probably happen before Antonio is due $2.5 million on March 16th (March 14th or 15th are the most likely dates the trade will happen).  I think they'll get a first round pick at a minimum.  Without Brown's baggage, they'd get 2 first round picks.  If the highest offer is just a 2nd round pick, they'll have to accept it.