[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Report: Antonio Brown was benched for the Bengals game

Wolverines Fan

47 minutes ago, michaelredd9 said:

Kevin Colbert can talk tough but his words ring hollow.  The Steelers will trade Antonio this off-season.  They will have to accept the highest offer from any team excluding the Patriots and not in their division.  It'll probably happen before Antonio is due $2.5 million on March 16th (March 14th or 15th are the most likely dates the trade will happen).  I think they'll get a first round pick at a minimum.  Without Brown's baggage, they'd get 2 first round picks.  If the highest offer is just a 2nd round pick, they'll have to accept it.

I'm not sure they'll get a first round pick. They really have no leverage and his sanity is in question. As great as he is I think many teams will be scared off. 

5 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

I'm not sure they'll get a first round pick. They really have no leverage and his sanity is in question. As great as he is I think many teams will be scared off. 

Superstars don't usually get traded for 2nd round picks.  True superstars are rarely traded.  When they are traded, it is for at least a first round pick.  Some teams might be scared off but plenty of teams will accept his emotional baggage.  Superstar wide receivers are usually divas.  It comes with the territory.

5 minutes ago, LordOpie said:

His baggage is way less of an issue than his age.

I'm not worried about his age.  Antonio is a finesse receiver and 30.  He'll probably age like fine wine.  He'll age like Jerry Rice.  As a Packers fan, I'd love for him to come to Green Bay.  The receiver with the most finesse in the league combined with the most accurate passer in the league.  It would be a great combination.

19 minutes ago, LordOpie said:

I've mentioned this before, but I don't think you let it sink it. It's "economics". It's not a matter of leverage if there are two buyers for one product. Supply and demand. I'm certain that more than one team will be interested and then the price climbs depending on the interest of the two+ buyers.

supply and demand.

also, PIT showed it's willing to spite itself with Leveon, so they could very well do the same with AB

I think he'll cost a first rounder as well but wouldn't be shocked if the cost gets driven down. He's in the middle of some sort of breakdown right now. He's bat shizz crazy.

19 hours ago, michaelredd9 said:

Kevin Colbert can talk tough but his words ring hollow.  The Steelers will trade Antonio this off-season.  They will have to accept the highest offer from any team excluding the Patriots and not in their division.  It'll probably happen before Antonio is due $2.5 million on March 16th (March 14th or 15th are the most likely dates the trade will happen).  I think they'll get a first round pick at a minimum.  Without Brown's baggage, they'd get 2 first round picks.  If the highest offer is just a 2nd round pick, they'll have to accept it.

18 hours ago, michaelredd9 said:

Superstars don't usually get traded for 2nd round picks.  True superstars are rarely traded.  When they are traded, it is for at least a first round pick.  Some teams might be scared off but plenty of teams will accept his emotional baggage.  Superstar wide receivers are usually divas.  It comes with the territory.

So it could be a first round pick, or it could not be a first round pick?

I also don't buy the premise that he has to be traded and the Steelers have no leverage and have to take any low ball offer that is made.

The guy is off his rocker, and any GM considering him needs to be prepared for the worst. 

I realize I am somewhat opinionated but I wouldn't touch him.  31 years old, acting like the world owes him everything, he's out only for himself.  This has disaster written all over it.  The first sign of adversity and he's going to fold like a cheap suit.  QB doesn't throw the ball enough, coach disrespects him, lose a few tough games, whatever.  Then you'll get all the self indulgent negative tweets and the bizarre behavior.  No thanks.  Once these guys get an attitude like this it's terminal.  Almost never have seen someone worth it once they develop this kind of attitude.  That doesn't mean he won't get paid or be worth a 1st round pick.  That all depends on how badly other teams want him.  

The guy trains very hard, maybe he'll be successful out of pure drive, anger, or spite.  I personally wouldn't risk too much to trade for him though.  Not even a first rounder.  

Edited by purplemonster
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
37 minutes ago, Gourdeau said:

Have Fun Antonio..

Sources: Raiders among 3 most interested in AB https://es.pn/2XqH7sW
via @ESPN App http://es.pn/app

Lol I mean the Raiders are actually a good fit from a personnel standpoint.  They desperately need a receiver.  And they have the draft picks.  But how long til AB melts down with the Raiders......over under is what, 4 games? 

43 minutes ago, purplemonster said:

Lol I mean the Raiders are actually a good fit from a personnel standpoint.  They desperately need a receiver.  And they have the draft picks.  But how long til AB melts down with the Raiders......over under is what, 4 games? 

Get your popcorn ready. Can't wait 

1 hour ago, purplemonster said:

Agree, but can you imagine if he ended up with the Redskins or Titans? He'd probably walk out during the preseason. If he wasn't happy in the Steelers offense where will he be? 

Being on the backside of his career and being the pain in the ass that he is, I just don't see them getting a first round pick for him either. I'm thinking a 3rd. 

2 hours ago, League_Champion said:

Agree, but can you imagine if he ended up with the Redskins or Titans? He'd probably walk out during the preseason. If he wasn't happy in the Steelers offense where will he be? 

Being on the backside of his career and being the pain in the ass that he is, I just don't see them getting a first round pick for him either. I'm thinking a 3rd. 

Yeah I think we're basically agreeing. My point was what is the over under on when he melts down if he goes to the Raiders and I guessed game 4.  These contracts are so complicated I'm not even sure if he could refuse the trade. I'm sure he could make life difficult I'd be surprised if he would even go to Oakland

2 hours ago, purplemonster said:

Yeah I think we're basically agreeing. My point was what is the over under on when he melts down if he goes to the Raiders and I guessed game 4.  These contracts are so complicated I'm not even sure if he could refuse the trade. I'm sure he could make life difficult I'd be surprised if he would even go to Oakland

He was ZERO leverage. He can't nix a trade. He goes where they send him.  Now he could sway a trade by continuing to flap his gums which I think is the main reason there's only 3 teams interested at this point. I think he's going to be humbled by the lack of interest from the higher class of organizations.

Exactly what he wants. He wants to make it clear he ain't going back bit ain't going where they want to send him. He wants to be released and that is not happening 

Edited by Gourdeau
  • Thanks 1

It's too bad a great man like Shazier who would give anything to play and is fighting like hell to make it happen again is the one who had a career ending injury and not a guy like this idiot. Absolutely remarkable 

• Confused 1

22 minutes ago, LordOpie said:

lol, wut?

Whoa... here I was knocking him for not speaking English LOL... what I meant was He is making sure he isn't going back to Pittsburgh by making it impossible for them to try and reconcile but at the same time he's making it impossible for other teams to offer fair compensation. He's trying to force them to release him.

45 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

Was he always this flaky or is he legitimately loosing his mind? I knew he was a diva as most receivers are but I don't remember him being this crazy.

Some believe he's losing his mind some saw this coming. Ryan Clark former steeler tells a story from browns early years where management was told as soon as this guy gets paid he's gonna be a problem.

Edited by Gourdeau