[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Report: Antonio Brown was benched for the Bengals game

Wolverines Fan

9 minutes ago, Gourdeau said:

well let me put it to you this way, while I agree with you knowing NOW what we know, but putting it aside, if I asked you last off season, for next 3 to 5 years would raiders be better off with Cooper or Brown, I think majority would say Brown.. Knowing Gruden, his ego is saying " I can control this guy" 

Damn I hope this happens. Some good value in the late 1st, 2nd and 3rd round at Def in this draft. We'd have 20,27 and 52. 

Would Gruden or Mayock put up with AB's crap? Derrick Carr is no Big Ben. I could see that going south real fast. 

It's gonna be beautiful to see from our ( steelers fans) perspective. My guess is right now a deal is in place for Friday, either its for the 27th pick and they are looking for other offers that may include a player in return also maybe with a 2nd rounder OR they have a deal in place for a 2nd or 3rd rounder and are drumming up that "panic" effect to get a 1st rounder from a desperate team. 

4 hours ago, Gourdeau said:

We are pretty damn polite that is true.. Even the big cities like Toronto Montreal and Vancouver, the majority of people are super nice and pproachable. We have some chalupas but they are fewer than other countries Ive travelled to.

Never heard the other one before to be honest. 

Sorry eh....sorry....  ;) 

https://www.cbc.ca/2017/sorry-can-we-talk-about-why-canadians-apologize-so-much-1.3939997https://www.cbc.ca/2017/sorry-can-we-talk-about-why-canadians-apologize-so-much-1.3939997

1 hour ago, LordOpie said:

knowing what we know today, IMO... Amari Cooper > Antonio Brown

so, a bit nutty that OAK might do this.

The big difference I see is Raiders (Chucky) wants AB, they apparently didn't want Cooper. 

24 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

Sorry but that is pretty bang on!

Edited by Gourdeau

Word is (in Huddle News items) that Redskins are no longer interested, and the Raiders are balking because AB wants a new contract with lots of guaranteed money, and with big numbers that he could command if he were not a headcase. 

I'm also reading "a trade will happen in the next few days". I suppose the idea is before free agency starts. 

9 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

Word is (in Huddle News items) that Redskins are no longer interested, and the Raiders are balking because AB wants a new contract with lots of guaranteed money, and with big numbers that he could command if he were not a headcase. 

I'm also reading "a trade will happen in the next few days". I suppose the idea is before free agency starts. 

He is due a $2.5M roster bonus on March 17.

I bet this doesn't conclude tomorrow as advertised.  They want teams to put in their "final" bid tomorrow.  And then they'll tell teams the amount of the highest bid and try to get teams to one-up it.  It's hard to have a firm deadline when you are trying to maximize your compensation.

Edited by michaelredd9

Well apparently the BIlls were close to a deal, and either decided against it on their own, or were influenced by talk that AB would not report and play for them. 

There is this on Huddle News

"Updating previous reports, Pittsburgh Steelers WR Antonio Brown nixed a potential trade to the Buffalo Bills because he wouldn't commit to playing for them. The Steelers are at square one and running out of potential suitors Friday, March 8."

And some other info on Rotoworld

If he is just going to play petulant child and refuse to play for teams so he can dictate his new team, the Steelers should just tell him "screw you, you're a Steeler and you'll sit on the bench.Go play baby on Twitter"

Edited by stevegrab
  • Thanks 1

MMQB's Albert Breer reports Antonio Brown wants to be the highest-paid receiver in the league.

According to Breer, the deal with the Bills dissolved in part because of Brown's contract demands, and the same thing happened with another potential suitor earlier in the week. Brown recently said he is "going to play by [his] rules," and those rules seem to include a raise on the little over $12 million per year he is scheduled to make the next three seasons. Unless he is willing to walk back those contract demands, the Steelers will have a tough time moving him despite his immense talent.

Really beginning to doubt he plays at all this year. 

47 minutes ago, michaelredd9 said:

The NFL should have a rule that contracts can't be renegotiated until there is one year remaining.

Wouldn't that wreak havoc with the ability to sign big free agents and trade for star players, since that often involves other players redo contracts to make that work. 

3 hours ago, Def. said:

Really beginning to doubt he plays at all this year. 

Here we go. Gruden was supposed to speak at Tennessee today and had to cancel due to an unplanned scheduling conflict. No doubt in my mind it has to do with the Raiders and AB

2 hours ago, Gourdeau said:

Jason Laconfora reporting he wants 18-20 mil on a new deal with his new team 😂😂😂

He's basing that off what Odell Beckham got but the difference is that Beckham is only 26 and Brown will be 31. And he already has three years left on his deal. Interesting.

6 hours ago, Gourdeau said:

Well this a major blow to the Steelers as they are a leaderless ship and letting their players dictate the direction of the franchise. league owners And a major win for the players and agents. Bitch moan and whine is all you need to do if you're not happy. Get a new team and more money. Glad it's over though

Fixed. 

23 hours ago, Bobby Brown said:

Fixed. 

I won't disagree with you, Colbert came out talking heavy and looks like a fool now, its one thing to say we aren't taking less than a first, and get something close, like a 2nd, but to get a 3rd and 5th, he looks weak AF..  everyone is laughing at the Steelers organization for this and I get it. It's certainly not an ideal trade but most of us fans are just happy it's over and looking forward to moving on drama free. Likely to be some tough years ahead unless they make a plunge in FA.

With that aside, if you don't think other superstars have seen what just happened here and not try to do the same thing when they are tired of their situation and feel they've outplayed their contract well I guess that's your opinion. I doubt it's the last time we ever see this type of situation, precedent has been set. A lot of "fists up" on his social media from a lot of other players in the league. 

• Like 1