[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Murray #1 overall to AZ

Shorttynaz

Unless they get a kings ransom for the top pick (which I don't believe they will), they're gonna take Murray.  A lot of local sports analysts feel the same way.  The stars are aligned too well for them not to.  

The Dolphins trading away Tannehill just created (for now - a silent) bidding war with the Giants.  They both need a QB and while Kingsbury has several ties with Murray, Rosen isn't his guy.  

The Giants IMO aren't that far away from rebuilding a young & talented offense.  While I don't see them trading both their #1s to AZ to move up to take Murray, I do see them caving and sending the #6 overall pick to AZ for Rosen.  They 'should' use the 17th overall pick on a WR - either Metcalf or a Harry.  That would give them 3 young / controllable / affordable skill players at 3 key positions on offense to make a strong play in FA next year.  

I don't see any way Murray slides past AZ for the top pick.  Makes too much sense - and ultimately will cost Steve Keim his job.  :)

There is no way the Giants give up the 6 for Rosen.  The highest they will go is a 2nd round pick.  The Giants need defensive players and they will get a stud at 6.  I am hoping the game plan is to give up a 3 for Rosen and go defense heavy in the draft.  

It wouldn't surprise me if the Cardinals could get a low first round pick for Rosen.  Maybe even the #13 pick from the Dolphins or the #17 pick from the Giants.  Rosen's stats were horrible but Arizona's offensive line was as bad as an offensive line can be.  No quarterback could have succeeded considering the circumstances.

Had this been posted yesterday I would have said the OP is high.  But with the Dolphins in dire need of a QB as well, they hold the cards (no pun intended) having the #13 overall pick.  I think Keim would have settled for the #16 from NY, but he now has the Dolphins #13 as leverege.  My gut says that Gettlemen hedges his bets and leapfrogs Miami.  Rosen was in a horrible situation last year and like 'most' rookie QBs, hit a wall with nothing to work with. 

But in terms of $$, Rosen gives his team flexibility these next few years. 

$1.28m guaranteed in '19,

$2.08m guaranteed in '20, 

$2.88m guaranteed in '21.  

1 minute ago, michaelredd9 said:

It wouldn't surprise me if the Cardinals could get a low first round pick for Rosen.  Maybe even the #13 pick from the Dolphins or the #17 pick from the Giants.  Rosen's stats were horrible but Arizona's offensive line was as bad as an offensive line can be.  No quarterback could have succeeded considering the circumstances.

Jinx.  :)

6 hours ago, Shorttynaz said:

Had this been posted yesterday I would have said the OP is high.  But with the Dolphins in dire need of a QB as well, they hold the cards (no pun intended) having the #13 overall pick.  I think Keim would have settled for the #16 from NY, but he now has the Dolphins #13 as leverege.  My gut says that Gettlemen hedges his bets and leapfrogs Miami.  Rosen was in a horrible situation last year and like 'most' rookie QBs, hit a wall with nothing to work with. 

You don't even know when you're high?

6 hours ago, Shorttynaz said:

The Dolphins obviously don't believe that they NEED a QB as much as we do. Otherwise they wouldn't of traded away Tannehill. They created this situation. They didn't throw an offer at Foles (the best available free agent QB) which to me signals the tank is on. The next 2 years are very good QB classes, especially when Trevor Lawrence comes out. I think you'll see the Dolphins make some trades prior to and on draft day to stockpile draft picks for the future. Just my opinion from what I see.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, jamesplante11 said:

The Kyler Murray market may be heating up. Rumor has it the NYG are doing very little work and scouting of Haskins. 

They better be looking at Haskins. Because if Arizona really wants Murray, he's gone at 1 no matter what. Now this all could be a smokescreen to get a haul for that #1 pick. The Giants definitely have enough draft stock to get to #1. They must get a QB and everyone knows it.

18 minutes ago, michaelredd9 said:

Having Rosen as the starting quarterback would be a good way to tank without appearing to be intentionally tanking.

Rosen will never be elite but he'll be serviceable - I really do compare him to Eli.  He won't single-handedly win a ton of games but he won't lose a lot either.  Having Barkley and Engram will be a QBs best friend.  If Shepherd pans out and Tate plays above average, they draft a WR early this year, that offense will rival some of the NFLs best for the next few years.  They're really not that far off which is what (to me) makes Rosen intriguing in that offense.  

They need to capitalize now in order to take advantage of low $$ at skill positions, not wait to draft and develop a rookie QB next year.. Only to be stuck with having to pay $$ to keep Barkley, Engram and Shepherd. (if they choose to). 

Traded away OBJ for say Rosen, Metcalf/Harry, a 3rd rounder and Peppers, yeah - Giants won that trade!! 

Edited by Shorttynaz
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Shorttynaz said:

Rosen will never be elite but he'll be serviceable - I really do compare him to Eli.  He won't single-handedly win a ton of games but he won't lose a lot either.  Having Barkley and Engram will be a QBs best friend.  If Shepherd pans out and Tate plays above average, they draft a WR early this year, that offense will rival some of the NFLs best for the next few years.  They're really not that far off which is what (to me) makes Rosen intriguing in that offense.  

They need to capitalize now in order to take advantage of low $$ at skill positions, not wait to draft and develop a rookie QB next year.. Only to be stuck with having to pay $$ to keep Barkley, Engram and Shepherd. (if they choose to). 

Traded away OBJ for say Rosen, Metcalf/Harry, a 3rd rounder and Peppers, yeah - Giants won that trade!! 

I agree Shorty, the Giants rebuild must start now, today! They obviously didn't have a plan for the QB position when they drafted Barkley but we all know Gettleman is a useless tool bag. You can't justify picking Barkley without a future QB in place. Because of that move they were FORCED to trade OBJ to accumulate picks to get a QB in this draft. They will certainly have to move up to get the QB that they are targeting, they can't wait for him to fall to them. They must get it right.

I get why Giants fans say "No".  But had Rosen come out this year, he'd arguably be the 2nd best QB in this draft.  If the Giants didn't spend the #6 pick on him, the Dolphins would most likely spend a #13 on him.  At worst NYG would take him at #16.  So why not convert one of those picks to get your QB of the future? The Cardinals didn't suck last year cause of Rosen.  Hell, Mahomes or Brady would have looked horrible behind that line. 

If Keim isn't blown away with an offer, it will cost him his job at the end of this season, but they will roster both Murray & Rosen.  Not saying it's smart, but I do remember the Skins taking both RG3 and Cousins in the same draft and rostering 2 starting caliber QBs.  

48 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

It won't be Rosen. They don't need to waste draft picks to tank, why would they? The whole idea of tanking is to stockpile draft picks.

Teams never try to appear to be intentionally tanking.  No team enters a season with a complete scrub at quarterback.  So the Dolphins will sign or trade for a quarterback.  Look at last year.  Arizona, Cleveland, and the NYJ drafted their quarterback of the future and still signed or traded for an expensive 1 year rental.  Rosen will probably be worse than a veteran like Bortles so it will help them tank without appearing to be intentionally tanking.  Or there is a small chance Rosen does well and then they have their quarterback of the future.  But you're probably right that the Dolphins don't want to trade a first round pick for a one year audition.

3 minutes ago, michaelredd9 said:

Teams never try to appear to be intentionally tanking.  No team enters a season with a complete scrub at quarterback.  So the Dolphins will sign or trade for a quarterback.  Look at last year.  Arizona, Cleveland, and the NYJ drafted their quarterback of the future and still signed or traded for an expensive 1 year rental.  Rosen will probably be worse than a veteran like Bortles so it will help them tank without appearing to be intentionally tanking.  Or there is a small chance Rosen does well and then they have their quarterback of the future.  But you're probably right that the Dolphins don't want to trade a first round pick for a one year audition.

I agree. If they can get Rosen for a song why not? I'd give a 5-7 to get him off the Cardinals books but that's about it. The Dolphins need all the draft capital they can accumulate. The next 2 drafts are looking to be very good QB drafts. I'm sure that's where they are looking at. 

• 1 month later...
On 3/16/2019 at 2:49 AM, Wpob said:

There is no way the Giants give up the 6 for Rosen.  The highest they will go is a 2nd round pick.  The Giants need defensive players and they will get a stud at 6.  I am hoping the game plan is to give up a 3 for Rosen and go defense heavy in the draft.  

The vaunted Daniel Jones.  Man, what a steal at #6.  

They would have been better off trading for Rosen.  

4 hours ago, Shorttynaz said:

The vaunted Daniel Jones.  Man, what a steal at #6.  

They would have been better off trading for Rosen.  

I agree. They could have gotten Rosen with a second round pick and been good. Jones at 6 was a major stretch. I like Rosen (a little) but wouldn't give up the farm to get him.