[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

theHuddle 2019 Mock Draft (Discussion thread)

Dcat

38 minutes ago, jrokh said:

Yeah, In the real draft there is no way the Giants pass on both Bush and Wilkins for Murphy. Zero chance.

Most likely you are right.  

sorry for the delay!.. The Raiders are looking to trade back form 1.24.  I'll waiut a bit to see if someone wants to move to this position.  If no one reaches out, I'll put in the pick.

Send me a PM if you'd like to move up.  Not looking for a one-sided deal either way.  If interested in a reasonable trade up... send me a message

In the New England War Room Tom Brady is giving Robert Kraft a massage, while Belicheck is stroking a cat while exclaiming "excellent" over and over. With the 24th pick in the 2019 Draft the New England Patriots select from PUKE University, QB, Daniel Jones.

@Wpob the Eagles are OTC

• Haha 1

I was wondering if the Pats were planning on an early QB.  Makes sense cause they get that 5th year option.  It's what they had wanted to do with Garoppolo but Brady proved to be timeless and Garoppolo's time was going to run out.  I doubt that will happen again over the next 4 years.

8 minutes ago, Dcat said:

I was wondering if the Pats were planning on an early QB.  Makes sense cause they get that 5th year option.  It's what they had wanted to do with Garoppolo but Brady proved to be timeless and Garoppolo's time was going to run out.  I doubt that will happen again over the next 4 years.

Pats would jump at this but Jones could go as high as #6 to the Giants 

As many of the experts out there had predicted, 4 QBs go in the 1st round.  I can see new England wanting to move up there.  Once Haskins, Murray and Lock were gone, there was going to be a lot of competition for Daniel Jones.  Although I do like Grier (he is so underrated), Jones is well above  and there was a pretty decent probability that Chargers might want him to groom to eventually replace Rivers.  Smart decision right there for NE to move up.

It's kind of hard drafting for your favorite team.  I really wanted to go in like 3 different directions there, and not sure Ballard takes a chance on Simmons who likely won't see the field his rookie season, but this kid could end up a steal, next year.  It's not too far fetched to look back 5 years from now and dub Jeffery Simmons the best DL to come out of the 2019 NFL Draft. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Shorttynaz said:

It's kind of hard drafting for your favorite team.  I really wanted to go in like 3 different directions there, and not sure Ballard takes a chance on Simmons who likely won't see the field his rookie season, but this kid could end up a steal, next year.  It's not too far fetched to look back 5 years from now and dub Jeffery Simmons the best DL to come out of the 2019 NFL Draft. 

As a Giant fan, it is harder drafting for the other teams in the division.  I would like to draft a punter for the Redskins, Cowboys and Eagles with each of their first picks!

This has been fun.  And the pace of the picks has been much much better than I expected.  Keep it going!

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Wpob said:

As a Giant fan, it is harder drafting for the other teams in the division.  I would like to draft a punter for the Redskins, Cowboys and Eagles with each of their first picks!

This has been fun.  And the pace of the picks has been much much better than I expected.  Keep it going!

:brew:

What few of us are left - this is actually pretty fun.  Surprisingly no one is arguing yet - that's a rarity on these boards!

Edited by Shorttynaz
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, darin3 said:

With the 27th pick in the 2019 HUDDLE Mock Draft, the San Francisco 49ers select K'Neal Harry, WR ASU

@Dcat is up for 2

Free stud for the Niners after moving back earlier in the round.  They need a WR playmaker on offense to pair with Garappolo and the RB stable.

Harry is the most polished of the upper-tier WRs available in this draft and will be a day-one starter.

23 minutes ago, darin3 said:

Free stud for the Niners after moving back earlier in the round.  They need a WR playmaker on offense to pair with Garappolo and the RB stable.

Harry is the most polished of the upper-tier WRs available in this draft and will be a day-one starter.

That is who I wanted to draft for Indy - and who I hope Ballard does draft.  Would have been $$ to get him at 34

I drafted Simmons cause the Colts aren't a superbowl caliber team this year, but man they're getting close.  Adding a defensive line (what looks to be a) stud to next years team, they're gonna be back on top the AFC and serious condenters in a year or two. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, darin3 said:

yeah... good trade for SFO.  You got QW anyway and Harry as a bonus.  So far, SFO is winning this draft.  But the Raiders just had to have Bosa.  Inury risk and all.  Raiders got a 2nd rd pick back for its trade with New England, so it's falling well for them too.  

4 hours ago, darin3 said:

Rams desperately need help on the OL and Jenkins can play all three interior spots.  Daniel Jeremiah has this one pegged.

oh man... I love that kid and was looking forward to drafting him early rd 2. 

Geez...  For the real draft, the Jets have no 2d round pick (went to Indi in the Darnold trade) so there are many Jets fans are saying to take Jenkins with pick 3.04, center being a HUGE need for gang green.  I keep saying this versatile interior lineman will be gone at least 20 picks earlier and if they want him they need to trade back and get a 2d round pick.  

Round 1

1 3000 Arizona Cardinals darin3 Kyler Murray Oklahoma QB  
2 2600 Oakland Raiders Dcat Nick Bosa Ohio State EDGE from 49ers
3 2200 New York Jets Jets jrokh Josh Allen Kentucky EDGE  
4 1800 San Francisco 49ers darin3 Quinnen Williams Alabama DL from Raiders
5 1700 Tampa Bay Buccaneers Greenbean Devin White LSU LB  
6 1600 New York Giants Giants Wpob Ed Oliver Houston DL  
7 1500 Jacksonville Jaguars Shorttynaz Jawaan Taylor Florida OT  
8 1400 Detroit Lions Big John Montez Sweat Mississippi State EDGE  
9 1350 Buffalo Bills jrokh TJ Hockenson Iowa TE  
10 1300 Denver Broncos Dcat Dwayne Haskins Ohio State QB  
11 1250 Cincinnati Bengals Greenbean Noah Fant Iowa TE  
12 1200 Green Bay Packers Big John Brian Burns Florida State EDGE  
13 1150 Miami Dolphins jrokh Jonah Williams Alabama OT  
14 1100 Atlanta Falcons jrokh Rashan Gary Michigan DL  
15 1050 Washington Redskins Wpob Drew Lock Missouri QB  
16 1000 Carolina Panthers Dcat Clelin Ferrell Clemson EDGE  
17 950 New York Giants Giants Wpob Byron Murphy Washington CB  
18 900 Minnesota Vikings Big John Andre Dillard Washington State OT  
19 875 Tennessee Titans Shorttynaz DK Metcalf Mississippi WRF  
20 850 Pittsburgh Steelers Greenbean Devin Bush Michigan LB  
21 800 Seattle Seahawks darin3 Christian Wilkins Clemson DL  
22 780 Baltimore Ravens Greenbean Garrett Bradbury North Carolina State C  
23 760 Houston Texans Shorttynaz Cody Ford Oklahoma OT  
24 740 New England Patriots jrokh Daniel Jones Duke QB from Raiders
25 720 Philadelphia Eagles Wpob Dalton Risner Kansas State G  
26 700 Indianapolis Colts Shorttynaz Jeffery Simmons Mississippi State DL  
27 680 San Francisco 49ers darin3 N'Keal Harry Arizona State WR from Raiders
28 660 Los Angeles Chargers Chargers Dcat Greedy Williams LSU CB  
29 640 Kansas City Chiefs Dcat Deandre Baker Georgia CB  
30 620 Green Bay Packers Big John Nasir Adderley Delaware S  
31 600 Los Angeles Rams Rams darin3 Elgton Jenkins Mississippi State C  
32 590 Oakland Raiders Dcat Irv Smith Alabama TE from New England

Sorry for my extended delay with pick 32 last night.  I teach in the evenings and the small break times are often not enough to check things. 

But yes, today we begin round 2!  I am hopeful that we can get deep into rd 3  or beyond by the time this wraps up one week from today!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Jenkins and McCoy gone at 1.31 & 2.01.  All 3 top Centers gone in the blink of an eye.

And NY Jets fans  in reality are thinking one falls to them at 3.4.    Nope. 

@Shorttynaz  Colts are up

Arizona desperately needs help in the trenches and regardless of whether they have Kyler Murray (as they would in this scenario) or Josh Rosen, they need beef in the middle of their line and McCoy is just that.  Beef.

On 4/16/2019 at 12:39 PM, darin3 said:

Poker face.

Keim and Co. wouldn't have hired Kingsbury unless they were on board with letting him get his QB.  

While this pretty much all local radio shows talk about - it was the topic for discussion on air while I was taking my daughter to school.  I didn't hear the beginning of the 'interview'/call, but they had someone on who had some inside ties to the Giants organization.  He said that the Giants still have Josh Rosen listed higher on their list versus Haskins or Lock.  The Giants are supposedly trying to put on their poker face and claim they're not interested in trading, and Steve Keim is calling their bluff - being like fine - we're not moving him for pennies on the dollar. 

Whoever it was - he said there are always injuries to good teams, and one player can pick them right up again.  That player is not Josh Rosen - but look at the Vikings of a few years ago.  Bridgewater went down early and they moved a first round (and a future pick) pick for Mr. Glass himself, Sam Bradford.  Rosen isn't a rookie, sure not a ton of experience, but supposedly has better tools than both Haskins and/or Lock does.  Whoever this guy was, he said that he feels the Giants are going to miss out on Rosen and be found wanting, while Rosen ends up with the Redskins or Chargers.  

• DMD unpinned this topic