[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

DirecTV / NFL Sunday Ticket (2019)

Shorttynaz

I just got back from Vegas and I can say that I threw away more cabbage than the ticket costs.  Had a ridiculous amount of fun, but nothing tangible to show for it.  A few hundred on the ticket is completely worth it for an NFL fan.  All things considered.

28 minutes ago, CowboysDiehard said:

I just got back from Vegas and I can say that I threw away more cabbage than the ticket costs.  Had a ridiculous amount of fun, but nothing tangible to show for it.  A few hundred on the ticket is completely worth it for an NFL fan.  All things considered.

I have no problem with the price. But why not get it free if you can? With all the crap channels and service it's the least they can do. And if there is a rain storm on Sunday I can't watch it anyway.

Forgot to come in and update on Friday.  A day after my "fake cancellation", they called me back and offered a doozy:  $93 for 6 months, including all movie channels, sports pack (so I can watch Longhorn football) AND Sunday Ticket Max (with Red Zone).  After 6 months it drops to $53 with HBO only.  Also got a $200 gift card.  I'm happy.

28 minutes ago, darin3 said:

Forgot to come in and update on Friday.  A day after my "fake cancellation", they called me back and offered a doozy:  $93 for 6 months, including all movie channels, sports pack (so I can watch Longhorn football) AND Sunday Ticket Max (with Red Zone).  After 6 months it drops to $53 with HBO only.  Also got a $200 gift card.  I'm happy.

Nice work Darin! 

3 hours ago, darin3 said:

Nice!  Kudos to you.  Had they done the same for me we'd still be with DirecTV.  But after 3 failed attempts and the 3rd guy literally telling a 16-year customer to leave, I was like peace the f' out! 

• Like 1

Here is a thread on a different forum, I believe you can read it without being a registered member. They were talking about similar issues there with being harder to get a deal this time around. But also some talk about only so many deals at certain times, only able to get a deal when your current contract is up etc. I'm not an ST subscriber but have followed discussions in various places.

As for AT&T yes they are screwing things up, I have U-Verse and they dropped NFL Network, not a dispute over the cost, just dropped it flat out. Not a huge deal but means missing a few of the Thursday Night games this year. 

I hate the prospect of changing services, and did have a big DVR backlog last time I did it and tried to watch the more important things. My brother moved recently in California and got a new system, Comcast which includes the remote you talk to. While that is cool for some things saying "skip ahead 2 minutes" isn't really that much easier than using FF or 30sec skip. What was really cool though was in many programs he could FF to top speed when a commercial break starts, and it would resume normal speed at the right spot. He showed me how you could see it would work as the commercial gaps were colored on the program's timeline. 

The real issue with Sunday Ticket is for years/decades they allowed many to get it for free by haggling. Maybe they found that was costing them too much, or just decided it was no longer viable with fewer subscribers. Now many of their long time subscribers feel like they are being screwed. Of course when they tell you "that local cable sounds like your best option you should to that" its pretty clear their CSRs don't really care at all. 

1 hour ago, stevegrab said:

Of course when they tell you "that local cable sounds like your best option you should to that" its pretty clear their CSRs don't really care at all. 

This ^^

I've been through the song and dance year after year.  Sometimes I got hooked up on my first call, sometimes I would have to make 2 or 3 calls.  I was prepared to hang with them and wait another few weeks, except this blowhole really set me off to the point where I was like really?  I'm not saying you owe me anything, but 16 years of paying your employer for a service that used to be good - only for you to tell me to leave?  That's fine - keep up the good work, bud!  You'll be flipping burgers and dropping fries in no time! 

• Like 1

Just called and got a decent deal with only one call.  I got a bunch of credits which brought down my total Sunday Ticket Max to about $61.50 total.  Got $16.50 off per month for 6 months for the Ticket itself and then another $38 off per month for 6 months for my premium channels and an additional $2.50 per month for my sports package for 3 months giving me total credits of $334.50 vs. a Sunday Ticket Max price tag of $396 = $61.50 total.  I can deal with $10 per month for the Ticket...didn't feel like haggling more than that...was shocked to get this all done in one 10 minute call.  Took me well over an hour last year and multiple transfers to multiple different DTV personnel.

Good luck all and have a great FF season.

KO'd

I've had DirecTV since 1996...23 years. I have multiple HD DVR's, whole-home conncecivity, all of the movie channels, MLB and NFL every year, etc. I called 3 times, talked to Customer Retention, Supervisors, etc. ALL they would offer me was $16.50/month off of NFL Sunday Ticket. So, I completely cancelled my DirecTV service and am returning all my equipment and told them to go pound sand. Unbelievable.

I live in the country so my streaming options are extremely limited. I'm probably going to go with Dish so I can at least get NFL Redzone. I'm beyond pissed.

I cancelled DTV a couple of months ago after 3 tries and no luck.  I LOVE Youtube TV and at this point even if it cost me more I would stick with it.  No more boxes, wires, cords, wireless connections, satellites, etc and unlimited DVR.  No NFL network or Redzone though so I may add Sling for football season for those.

I do keep getting an email from Directv ...  we miss you already.  Call for our best offer.

I did, and you didn't give it to me.  Cya.

It’s time to make things right, so we’ve put together our best offer just for you.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Rileyrott said:

I've had DirecTV since 1996...23 years. I have multiple HD DVR's, whole-home conncecivity, all of the movie channels, MLB and NFL every year, etc. I called 3 times, talked to Customer Retention, Supervisors, etc. ALL they would offer me was $16.50/month off of NFL Sunday Ticket. So, I completely cancelled my DirecTV service and am returning all my equipment and told them to go pound sand. Unbelievable.

I live in the country so my streaming options are extremely limited. I'm probably going to go with Dish so I can at least get NFL Redzone. I'm beyond pissed.

You and me both, brother.  I had not had service THAT long but wasn't far off.  I canceled over a month ago - and not I will add that I'm not surprised, but I never once received a call from this so-called "Win Back" team that everyone claims will call.  Not that I would have gone back, but I was at least waiting for a call so I could share my peace.  

One thing to be certain you check as they did this to every single customer who had the NFL Ticket last year, free or not.  They billed EVERYONE the first installment of the NFL Ticket at full price.  How do I know?  Cause I canceled my service, paid the bill only for my wife to ask why it was so much.  I told her I have no idea I'm just happy to be done with them.  Well, in my final bill, I paid $48 towards something I never received nor will it be possible for me to receive this as I don't have service at the time the season starts.  I was supposed to have received this refund 2 weeks ago.  I'm still waiting on it..  

Similar here, as they told me I had to pay this month's bill in full, and they would refund the NFL Sunday Ticket first payment on a Mastercard gift card! I said I want a refund check, as I pay them by check and expect the same in return. They said the only refund available was in the form of a gift card. What kind of BS is that?

I sure hope you get your refund. I'm tempted NOT to pay this month's bill (due 09/07/19) and see where it goes from there.

3 hours ago, Rileyrott said:

I have been a customer since 96 as well. The conversion to AT&T has been terrible.  This year we have had to disconnect, then either wait for a call or email from winback, or call yourself after a couple of days.  I made the call back yesterday and it was relatively painless (not directv customer service or retention).

came close to last year, but a bit higher (deals were longer than 3 and 6 months).

$85/month

free hbo for a year

free other movie channels for 3 months

free sports package for 6 months

free ST max

$300 gift card

2 hours ago, Bier Meister said:

I have been a customer since 96 as well. The conversion to AT&T has been terrible.  This year we have had to disconnect, then either wait for a call or email from winback, or call yourself after a couple of days.  I made the call back yesterday and it was relatively painless (not directv customer service or retention).

came close to last year, but a bit higher (deals were longer than 3 and 6 months).

$85/month

free hbo for a year

free other movie channels for 3 months

free sports package for 6 months

free ST max

$300 gift card

So "Winback" didn't call you, you had to call them??    So glad I left.  

19 minutes ago, Shorttynaz said:

So "Winback" didn't call you, you had to call them??    So glad I left.  

Yes. I set up the disconnect for Saturday via directv after they made some feeble offers. They disconnected midnight (sunday morning).  I waited until last night due to the holiday.

Edit: I was a little past my billing date and had no contract. No issues disconnecting.

Edited by Bier Meister

There was a time when Direct TV's Sunday Ticket was great. It was around $199 for the season and we got all of the games not broadcasted in our region. Slowly the price crept up while at the same time we lost games (e.g. Thursday night games). It is now a very expensive, limited service in my opinion. I ditched it. I just go to the sports bar down the street if i want to catch a game that's not broadcasted or just watch the status update on NFL's site. Direct TV lost its way long before AT&T got them. Now, with AT&T they are losing customers by the drove.