[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

RB McCoy released

XFlash

That was a surprise!

I thought they would get value and at least trade him.

There were several teams in need of an RB.

• LESEAN MCCOYRB, UNSIGNED FREE AGENT
    5168.jpg

Bills released RB LeSean McCoy.

The Bills had stated numerous times all offseason they were committed to McCoy despite the obvious writing on the wall. McCoy, 31, was headed into the final year of his deal, and the move clears $6.425 million in cap space for Buffalo. It makes total sense after the signing of Frank Gore in the offseason and subsequent selection of Devin Singletary in the draft. This is a Gore-Singletary backfield now, skyrocketing Singletary up the fantasy ranks. McCoy should land on his feet, but he's obviously running out of gas and on the wrong side of 30. Perhaps the Bucs or Texans will make a call. McCoy spent the last four years in Buffalo, compiling an 885-3,814-25 rushing line with a pair of 1,000-yard campaigns.

RELATED: 
    Aug 31, 2019, 9:38 AM ET

•  

You know, that was really shady of them. 

I'm sure he will land on his feet somewhere, he had one bad season behind an atrocious o-line. He still has fuel in the tank. I'm sure Houston or San Diego are calling him up. 

13 minutes ago, LordOpie said:

odds are that he lands with a better team. Being released by BUF doesn't mean he's done because it was a lot of money.

I agree, he showed he still has quite a bit left in the tank during preseason. If he lands on a contender, the stars could align for him.

• Thanks 1

Going back to PHI....that would make things even more a mess.

KC....interesting because McCoy should thrive in that system despite being 2nd fiddle.  Reliable relief RB for sure that can pick up the blitz as well as run and catch.

NE...surprising, but doubt he goes there, but may go cheap to get a shot at a ring.

LAC....makes the most sense.

LESEAN MCCOYRB, UNSIGNED FREE AGENT
5168.jpg

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport named the Chargers, Chiefs, Eagles and Patriots as teams showing the most "early interest" in free agent RB LeSean McCoy.

The Chiefs and Chargers had already been linked to Shady and now New England and Philadelphia are joining in their pursuit. McCoy would seem to have little left in the tank coming off a career-worst year in Buffalo, though perhaps the 31-year-old would benefit from a change of scenery. The six-time Pro Bowler fits the mold of a Bill Belichick reclamation project and obviously has strong ties to Philadelphia, the team he spent his first six seasons with. Meanwhile the Chargers are looking to fill the void left by disgruntled workhorse Melvin Gordon, whose holdout could drag into the regular season. McCoy isn't the dominance force he once was, but he's still a big name with a proven track record. Judging by the heavy interest he's drawing mere hours after his release, we're guessing Shady won't be on the market long.

Aug 31, 2019, 6:42 PM ET

I may have to take that back, 

Haha

Josh Adams and Smallwood were cut today.

facebook_icon.svg  
  twitter_icon.svg  
  whatsapp_icon.svg

Wendell Smallwood, like Adams, was another notable backfield casualty on deadline day. A member of the Super LII-winning team two seasons ago, Smallwood racked up career totals of 850 rushing yards (211 carries) and five touchdowns during his three-year tenure with the team. He played in all 16 games (six starts) in 2018.

Edited by League_Champion

37 minutes ago, Shorttynaz said:

Thankfully we moved our main draft from Saturday to Sunday.  D Williams was someone I was hoping to target in the 3rd round.  Now I'm no longer interested.  

Williams will still be the feature back in KC. McCoy is trash at this point in his career!

"McCoy has to be excited to play for Reid again, and he apparently turned down a similar offer to sign with the Chargers. Some of McCoy's best years came with Reid in Philadelphia, which probably led to this reunion. "

https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/football/news/fantasy-football-draft-prep-chiefs-sign-lesean-mccoy-lower-value-for-damien-williams/amp/

Edited by Shaft

6 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

Now I'm really confused about the KC backfield. What is this rotation going to look like? 

Reid loves McCoy, but no one really knows. Reid has NEVER used a RBBC. McCoy signed a bigger contract than Damien Williams. All signs are pointing to it being McCoy's backfield especially since McCoy turned down the Chargers where he could've been their RB1. Time will tell.