[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

RB McCoy released

XFlash

Son of a, I got Williams for what I thought was a steal in the 5th last weekend. Checked this morning and the guy who had McCoy dropped him last night, whoops. I have to bid on him but at least I have a shot. Williams is my flex so it would be nice to have McCoy if he takes over their backfield 

On 8/31/2019 at 10:12 AM, Shaft said:

Mothas!!!!! I just drafted McCoy in the 9th round and then Singletary got sniped before he made it back to me in the 10th round. Dam BoTH leagues and these sniping owners!

Last week I drafted Singletary 2 rounds before I drafted McCoy.  LOL.

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Avernus said:

I do recall Andy saying they re looking at a RBBC this year......but I HIGHLY doubt he uses 3 RB's and I wonder what the rotation for using 2 RB's would look like since he hasn't done this since Duce Staley was an Eagle iirc.

Agree. That's very unlike Andy. He usually finds a back an rides him hard. Perhaps he doesn't think he has a clear #1 this year. I drafted Williams in a couple leagues and feel like I'm going to regret it. 

13 hours ago, Shaft said:

Reid has NEVER used a RBBC.

2015 Chancandrick West, Spencer Ware, Jamal Charles, Knile Davis had 160, 72, 71, 28 carries respectively.  I believe that was after Charles got hurt; so he has used a RBBC when he didn't have a stud; and has alluded to doing it this year.  

14 minutes ago, Bobby Brown said:

2015 Chancandrick West, Spencer Ware, Jamal Charles, Knile Davis had 160, 72, 71, 28 carries respectively.  I believe that was after Charles got hurt; so he has used a RBBC when he didn't have a stud; and has alluded to doing it this year.  

I stand corrected, but that was the year Charles was injured and I remember people losing their mind over who to own, West or Ware. Maybe I should rephrase it as he never started a season with a RBBC, but good points.

• Like 1

Williams was squarely on my RB landmine to avoid list at his early 3rd round price.  He probably falls back to 5th round or so; but I still won't  be buying him there.  I was high on Darwin when his ADP was in Round 12, but then the hype machine hit and he became too expensive.  The RB situation seems very fluid in KC and Darwin still has some stand alone value in PPR.  If any of the supposed RBBC starts to under-perform (or gets injured), he's still got a healthy ceiling.  Here's hoping to Darwin's ADP dropping to a reasonable level; I'll be all in on him again as a double digit pick.  

2 hours ago, Bobby Brown said:

Williams was squarely on my RB landmine to avoid list at his early 3rd round price.  He probably falls back to 5th round or so; but I still won't  be buying him there.  I was high on Darwin when his ADP was in Round 12, but then the hype machine hit and he became too expensive.  The RB situation seems very fluid in KC and Darwin still has some stand alone value in PPR.  If any of the supposed RBBC starts to under-perform (or gets injured), he's still got a healthy ceiling.  Here's hoping to Darwin's ADP dropping to a reasonable level; I'll be all in on him again as a double digit pick.  

I got him in the 16th round (last pick) last night.

Edit:  But I also got Williams in the 6th.  I didn't get McCoy as he was picked literally the next pick after I took Williams.  

Edited by Shorttynaz

On 9/1/2019 at 12:30 PM, LordOpie said:

umm, what?

Brooke Pryor of the Kansas City Star expects LeSean McCoy "to take a large percentage" of the team's backfield reps.

Pryor still envisions Damien Williams as the nominal starter, though with McCoy on board, Kansas City now embodies all the familiar traits of an Andy Reid timeshare. There's still opportunity for Williams to carve out a meaningful fantasy role as a proven pass-catcher on arguably the league's best offense, though the threat of ceding goal-line work to Shady certainly throws a wrench in his quest for RB2 status. McCoy's arrival also complicates Darwin Thompson's path to carries in what has become a crowded Chiefs backfield.

Related:
Sep 1, 2019, 12:10 PM ET

Rotoworld should have the name of the writer on the blog posts so we can keep track of who knows what.

I don't follow Reid's offenses, so either some of you are very wrong or that blog poster is very wrong, regarding RBBC. What is Reid's history and should that blogger be flogged?

After Duce Staley, Reid is, for the most part, a one back workhorse guy.  The only "familiar traits" are the Duce Staley days.

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, Dcat said:

After Duce Staley, Reid is, for the most part, a one back workhorse guy.  The only "familiar traits" are the Duce Staley days.

Let me add to this... that Reid is a smart Coach.  He'd be insane NOT to use a committee with this backfield roster.  If either Williams or Thompson emerge to be that workhorse "type" then he will rely heavily on that guy, but don't hold your breath waiting.  Until then, McCoy/Williams/Darwin 40%/40%/20%, which is roster-toxic :bio:

Edited by Dcat
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Let me add to this... that Reid is a smart Coach.  He'd be insane NOT to use a committee with this backfield roster.  If either Williams or Thompson emerge to be that workhorse "type" then he will rely heavily on that guy, but don't hold your breath waiting.  Until then, McCoy/Williams/Darwin 40%/40%/20%, which is roster-toxic :bio:

I beg to differ. He's not the smartest coach on the planet but he's certainly not an idiot either. I watched for years in Philly as we BEGGED him to sign a receiver worth a dam. He cost himself Championships because he refused to sign receivers. And when he finally got one he made it to the Superbowl then released him the next year. All I'm saying is that he's not the best talent evaluator on the planet. Hopefully he's surrounded himself with people who are. 

On ‎8‎/‎31‎/‎2019 at 5:32 PM, League_Champion said:

No Zeke love? I'd love to have him in Philly 

Of course you would, and I wouldn't like to see him there.  Nonetheless, that ship has now sailed.  Let's see if he can get through the next six years without punching anybody.

29 minutes ago, CowboysDiehard said:

Of course you would, and I wouldn't like to see him there.  Nonetheless, that ship has now sailed.  Let's see if he can get through the next six years without punching anybody.

He's a tank. He doesn't know how to get hurt. But he can throw a right hook. 

Edited by League_Champion