[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Should i roster Eli Apple or Kyle Fuller on my bench?

AdamG2428

I pretty much always roll with Strong Safety's at a DB flex spot. I'd go with Byard and Reid, in that order. Byard is a proven stud with an above average matchup against CLE this week. I wasn't as hot on Reid as most this draft season because he's been moved to Free Safety, I didn't wind up drafting him anywhere, he always went earlier than I was willing to pay. He does have a nice matchup this week vs NO, who were average for fantasy points allowed to S's last year, there ought to be a fair amount of plays run in that potentially high scoring game. K Jackson has been moved to Strong Safety this year, but he has a poor matchup against a AB-less (maybe) OAK offense that was bottom 10 in pts allowed to Safety's last year.

• Thanks 1

Tre's in Carolina. You thinking of Eric Reid :) E Reid is indeed their SS, Tre's the FS.

It's okay, I mixed them up myself once or twice on my cheat sheets this draft season. My IDP cheat sheets, that I had to write down by hand, myself, because Huddle didn't supply them this year. Yeah, that cheat sheet :rolleyes:

4 hours ago, PPIchamp said:

I pretty much always roll with Strong Safety's at a DB flex spot.

I'm an idp noob could you tell me why? Because when I was looking at the numbers for last year Kareem Jackson had the 4th highest fantasy points of all dbs. Same for Kyle Fuller as he came in 8th. What makes SS so valuable in a db flex?

CBs tend to have higher variability week to week than SS or even FS.  Though it could be argued that there are a handful any given year who are steady as CBs.  That usually only last a couple seasons though as teams will stop throwing at them

2 hours ago, AdamG2428 said:

I'm an idp noob could you tell me why? Because when I was looking at the numbers for last year Kareem Jackson had the 4th highest fantasy points of all dbs. Same for Kyle Fuller as he came in 8th. What makes SS so valuable in a db flex?

set you PM

SS put up the most consistent tackle production of all the DB positions. Many of them drop down near the line of scrimmage which increases tackle opportunities. There are CB's that will end up near the top of the points totals on the year, but in general, SS's are the king position in the backfield.