[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Slimy waiver claim

Gourdeau

4 hours ago, Gourdeau said:

Clearly stated in rule book, even discussed the rule at length with this particular owner last year because he was a Darius Guice owner and wanted to know the rules about the IR spot. I had forgotten about that chat initially but my Co commish remembered and reminded me. 

....I said listen if you don't like the way it's run make some suggestions or there's the door. He then said to me " you know youre a (the really bad word)in bitch right? Kick me out yourself" So I did exactly that. Said bye Felicia and had a new owner that's been trying to get us to expand to 12 teams for a long time in less than 5 minutes...

Not that you need it but as an outside observer this sounds unfortunate but very reasonable. Usually these things don't end up with the nuclear option but with a past track record of questionable behaviors and such rapid escalation it sounds like you'll only feel better about this decision over time.

It's good you had clear rules - too bad not every owner wanted to follow them.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Gourdeau said:

Clearly stated in rule book, even discussed the rule at length with this particular owner last year because he was a Darius Guice owner and wanted to know the rules about the IR spot. I had forgotten about that chat initially but my Co commish remembered and reminded me. 

This whole situation exploded yesterday and resulted in the owner complaining about how I run things, challenging my integrity because my brother was the other bidder. He wouldn't let it go. This guy has only been in the league 5 years out of 12. I said listen if you don't like the way it's run make some suggestions or there's the door. He then said to me " you know youre a (the really bad word)in bitch right? Kick me out yourself" So I did exactly that. Said bye Felicia and had a new owner that's been trying to get us to expand to 12 teams for a long time in less than 5 minutes. To add some context to my decision to boot him out. He was close to getting the boot last year. We had a vote and it was neutral before my vote.  The guy is a total troll and overall just not a good guy. Has poked fun at a few other owners weight ( not in a playful banter type of way) one owners mentally challenged brother in law and a few other things. Last year he was warned and I gave him another chance and voted to keep him in. So when he planted the seed today after the way he acted, I called his bluff. 

You did the right thing, sounds like the guy was just looking to make trouble. People like that don't usually change. We've never booted an owner, but had one guy that was really annoying who came in first as a co-owner with one of our original 12, then took over that guy's team. He was just real annoying, always trying to stretch the rules and borderline stalking some owners about trades. (Even after you'd tell him "no way player X is not available" he'd keep sending emails "so how about this guy for X."  When he finally left most owners were happy to be free of his drama. 

I've often told owners who complain "you want to replace one of the co-commish for a few years and show us how its done?"  Then there is total silence. 

12 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

He was just real annoying, always trying to stretch the rules and borderline stalking some owners about trades. (Even after you'd tell him "no way player X is not available" he'd keep sending emails "so how about this guy for X."  When he finally left most owners were happy to be free of his drama. 

I've often told owners who complain "you want to replace one of the co-commish for a few years and show us how its done?"  Then there is total silence. 

This must be a very common trait among those that like to cause trouble and just be a Richard Josh Gordon.

I'm always so grateful that my Keeper has been going strong since "that guy" is no longer in the league.

• Like 1