[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

AB to New England

Shorttynaz

5 minutes ago, Bobby Brown said:

Ummm....no it isn't. 

I just reread my post and can see how that came off. Definitely didn't mean to sound link Steelers Def on point lol.. meant to say that both the Pats Def and offense are making the Steelers look like a high school team.

• Like 1

On 9/7/2019 at 5:17 PM, League_Champion said:

Sounds like this was the plan all along. Tampering anyone? 

I can't see how it's not...no way the deal gets signed THAT fast and we aren't talking about signing for peanuts. The man got a $9M signing bonus and 15M overall...he's going to end up making around the same in NE as he would have in Oakland. Now he will be quiet as a church mouse, put up huge numbers with them and then be able to get the same deal he got with Oakland...smh it's unreal. If he doesn't cause a single issue it's absolutely clear to me the following is true...

IMO there has been a handshake agreement under the table for awhile now. NE asked PIT about his availability and of course they wouldn't trade him to a huge AFC threat so they sent him to OAK who obviously is no threat...and I think he finessed his way out of there. Probably saw how bad the team and Derek Carr were and said F this if I act like a clown I can get cut and then go make $15M with NE...who wouldn't want that over playing for the sorry Raiders? The deal happened just WAY too fast, there is no way that was enough time for diligence to have been done by either party...

Both him and NE got exactly what they wanted all along and it didn't even cost NE a pick (I'm sure PIT wanted WAY more than a 3rd and 5th since it was from NE...). What a joke.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, JoJoTheWebToedBoy said:

AB and Gordon.... This is going to end badly and when it does I think it takes the Pats down with them.  

Can almost guarantee this doesn't happen...it's way more like AB goes for 1400 yards 10 TDs and Josh Gordon about the same.

15 hours ago, League_Champion said:

I think it's useless. I'll be shocked if this goes well for them, he's crazy!

Is he crazy? He got released from one of the bottom 5 teams in football and was then picked up by the best team and it barely cost him anything financially...

I don't understand why players like Melvin Gordon don't take a page out of ABs play book...

7 hours ago, Gourdeau said:

I just reread my post and can see how that came off. Definitely didn't mean to sound link Steelers Def on point lol.. meant to say that both the Pats Def and offense are making the Steelers look like a high school team.

That's actually a good analogy.  I caught bits and pieces but they didn't really seem like they belojged out there.  In fairness to the Steelers there are more than a few teams the Pats can do this against.  

Then you have levels even below that....like the Dolphins.  Wonder how that team will stick together this year. 

22 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

It really is unbelievable

He doesn't allow himself to get hit. Very rare. Ball is out so quick. Its the same thing over and over and over again and it's still working. 3-7 yard crossing routes and quick outs to the side line to Edleman and White with the very odd shot down the filed mixed in on play action to one of his deep threats.

28 minutes ago, LordOpie said:

is this the (potentially) best WR group in NFL history? If everyone behaves, lives up to potential, is healthy, and contributes. I mean, Demaryius Thomas, possibly the best WR in DEN history could be the #5 WR on this team? If he's healthy, then dang, Brady might break every record.

Has to be

34 minutes ago, LordOpie said:

is this the (potentially) best WR group in NFL history? If everyone behaves, lives up to potential, is healthy, and contributes. I mean, Demaryius Thomas, possibly the best WR in DEN history could be the #5 WR on this team? If he's healthy, then dang, Brady might break every record.

I think the best WR group in history by name, performance is yet to been seen.

10 minutes ago, LordOpie said:

i hope he returns and not just because I bought him for peanuts, but wow!

I wasn't aware you're a pats fan ?? Or is it just that at this point a 7th ring is a forgone conclusion and you just want to see video game type numbers ?

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, rajncajn said:

Oakland should have suspended him and made him sit at home for the season. Pretty stupid of them to give him exactly what he wanted. I wonder if they even tried to trade him again before releasing him. 

Could they have done that and avoiding paying him any money or counting against the cap at all?

If so then they SHOULD have done that, otherwise I think they made the right decision for their franchise going forward. 

Trading him would have also required keeping him on the roster, which may have meant paying him and counting against the cap.

I'm not happy with how AB orchestrated his movement to the team of choice, and fear it could spread in the NFL and have bad results. 

Just listening to Skip and Shannon Sharpe give their opinions on this and made such a great points. 

Antonio has averaged 170 targets a season. Every week he knew Ben was going to Chuck him the ball 10 to 15 times, locked in guaranteed and he was still not happy. 

Only twice in the last 10 years has a Patriot gotten more than 150 targets and that is Edleman who is Bradys go to guy, thats not going to change.

We just watched Brady throw for 350 Yards last night. Four players had over 50 yards, three had 7 or more targets two of which are running backs (and that's always been a huge part of their playbook) 

How does AB get his 10 to 15 targets a game that he needs to have to be happy?

In his mind he's coming in there thinking he's gonna be the man because in his mind he is the man. He wasn't on the market 3 hours and they scooped him up so fast that's how bad they wanted him ( his mindset) The reality is the Patriots are not going to all of a sudden change the way they play.

He cannot be late to 1 single team event, he cant blow off a walk through. There is zero tolerance in NE and this is the first time in his lifetime that he's going to a team that does not need him.

Should be interesting. Can he be tamed? Stay tuned.

Speaks of a persons character.    AB should have played his contract out.   Maybe part of it is how society judges athletes careers by how many championships they won.    Its very unlike BB to take someone who just pulled what AB pulled.    He taped a private conversation with his coach which I think is illegal.    Hopefully it works out for us but we now have two WRs who might not even be on the team come November, Gordon being the other one.    

13 minutes ago, Patriots said:

we now have two WRs who might not even be on the team come November, Gordon being the other one.    

Something in my gut is telling me Gordon might finally have his demons in check. I have no basis for this other than knowing that they brought him back after yet another suspension. Would they have gone through a training camp with him and making him a big part of their offense if they didn't believe the same? 

12 minutes ago, Gourdeau said:

Something in my gut is telling me Gordon might finally have his demons in check. I have no basis for this other than knowing that they brought him back after yet another suspension. Would they have gone through a training camp with him and making him a big part of their offense if they didn't believe the same? 

Not to mention I think the NFL is finally softening their stance on marijuana (not a coincidence given the CBA is about to expire). They are the only league out of the big three who even tests/suspends for it and with the opoid crisis going on in America and a bunch of stuff is coming out about how the NFL doctors are giving it out like candy...they are going to end up with a future lawsuit once again on their hands if they don't change their ways here.