[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

IDP Help....

El Jefe 92

Looking for some IDP advice. My league scoring is like this:

1 Pt for Solo Tackle

.5 Pt for Assisted Tackle

4 Pt for Interception

3 Pt for Sacks

1 Pt for Pass Defended

2 Pt for Tackle for Loss

2 Pt for Fumble

2 Pt for Fumble Recovery

Based on these league settings is it better to go after LB2-3 type guys or get S1 type guys.  There are a few top tier Safety's on the waiver wire and I'm not sure if I should be picking up versus my subpar LBs. 

Guys on the waiver wire:

Keanu Neal

Jordan Poyer

Justin Reid

Fred Warner

Vigil

Todd Davis

Josey Jewel - I'm an Iowa fan and this guy is a stud.  He went off week one but with Todd Davis back in the lineup soon, will that continue?

Trevathon

My current IDP guys are Cunningham, Ogletree, Jerome Baker (high on him as he'll be on the field a ton)

1 hour ago, keggerz said:

Fred Warner is the one with the most upside and least amount of risk. Almost always will default to a LB even in your scoring. 

Thank you!  This is exactly the information I was looking for.  Much appreciated.

Which of my LBs would you drop to pick up Fred?

Edited by El Jefe 92

Cunningham and Ogletree, both good but not great LB options. Ogletree ought to see a lot of tackle opportunities this year as he never leaves the field and plays on a team with a weak defense and an average offense on a good day. One ding I've found on Baker. Pro Football Focus has Baker categorized as the Strongside LB in the Base defense. That position put him into TE coverage, which dings his tackle opportunities. But he also doesn't leave the field in Nickle and Dime packages, so there's still that. He played 94% of the snaps Week 1. Hard to believe Keanu Neal is unowned. What IDP positions are in your league?

• Like 1

This is great info!  LB, S, DL are options in my league; you can play any combo of positions tho.  So I can play 3 LBs or 3 Safetys to fill my 3 IDP spots if I want.  I was surprised also hes out there.  I'm not quite sure if I'm better with subpar LBs or pick up a S like Neal.  I'm fine dropping anyone, just not sure who.  

Edited by El Jefe 92

On 9/13/2019 at 12:50 PM, PPIchamp said:

Cunningham and Ogletree, both good but not great LB options. Ogletree ought to see a lot of tackle opportunities this year as he never leaves the field and plays on a team with a weak defense and an average offense on a good day. One ding I've found on Baker. Pro Football Focus has Baker categorized as the Strongside LB in the Base defense. That position put him into TE coverage, which dings his tackle opportunities. But he also doesn't leave the field in Nickle and Dime packages, so there's still that. He played 94% of the snaps Week 1. Hard to believe Keanu Neal is unowned. What IDP positions are in your league?

If you have any insight on who to drop to pick up any of my options, I'd greatly appreciate the help. I've only been playing IDP for 2 years and still learning.