[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Coleman

mariguas

Isn't this pretty common. Injured player is not placed on IR, and is questionable, or out based on whether they practice during the week. He was ruled out last week, he is now questionable but could be ruled out for week 3 at some point later in the week. 

We've never had an IR slot so I've never dealt with it. But in principle I'd think it is for guys who are on IR, or definitely out for some period of time. I know it is unlikely he plays this week, but for some reason the 49ers list him as questionable. (I know there are rules and guidelines, and relates to if they practice on specific days or not.) 

For example: In our local on ESPN, a player can only be moved to or remain in the IR slot if he is listed as "IR" or "O" (out). If he is in the IR spot, and listed as Q, you must either move him to the active roster or drop him. If you don't do either, you can't add, drop or trade any players.

I'm not that bold. Somebody else good was dropped and is now on waivers, I may pick him up and would need to drop somebody, would rather use Jordan Howard there and keep Coleman. Of course I lost out on Mostert in waivers, and watch him take over the job and Coleman has a reduced load when he returns. 

2 hours ago, stevegrab said:

The more I hear the more I'm convinced no way I drop Coleman, especially not in a keeper league where he could have value for next year. 12 teams, 18 per roster, half of that is bench so plenty of room to stash him for now. 

That makes perfect sense to keep him that type of league. 

15 hours ago, stevegrab said:

I'm not that bold. Somebody else good was dropped and is now on waivers, I may pick him up and would need to drop somebody, would rather use Jordan Howard there and keep Coleman. Of course I lost out on Mostert in waivers, and watch him take over the job and Coleman has a reduced load when he returns. 

Keeping Howard over Coleman is not smart. Misread your comment...cheers.

Edited by turbotooslow

4 hours ago, turbotooslow said:

Keeping Howard over Coleman is not smart. Misread your comment...cheers.

I had to be a bit vague yesterday, I was targeting Cohen who had been dropped for some reason and was on waivers. I needed to drop another RB to get him, and Howard was my choice.  Didn't matter as I missed out on him (was 7 of 2 in waiver order). Howard is probably still next up on my drop list. Corey Davis isn't far behind, but I was counting on him to contribute to my thin WR group. Might be considering Humpries instead, though the Titans passing game isn't that great and Mariota appears to have issues again, impacted by poor OL play as well. 

Amazing that I finally have a really good QB (Goff) and some decent RBs (Carson & Jacobs) but my WR suck outside of Davante Adams who has been quite so far (under 150 yards and 0TD). Even my stud TE Ertz has underperformed. Yes it is only week 3, but I am starting 0-2 again.