[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

CBS waivers ran a day early?!?!

Herois doses

Please tell me I’m not the only one this happened to this morning. I’ve run my league with cbs for 15 years. Waivers have been set to process on Wednesday night (actually going thru on Thursday morning at 2am) for years. Never an issue. This morning I wake up to see they processed a day early. Week 1 was fine, but a week later it screws up? It can’t just be my league. I never changed any settings

5 minutes ago, Herois doses said:

Please tell me I’m not the only one this happened to this morning. I’ve run my league with cbs for 15 years. Waivers have been set to process on Wednesday night (actually going thru on Thursday morning at 2am) for years. Never an issue. This morning I wake up to see they processed a day early. Week 1 was fine, but a week later it screws up? It can’t just be my league. I never changed any settings

I'm in a CBS league that did the same thing. 

We have waivers set to run every day, our first being Tuesday (Wed AM) and that went fine.

We did have some issue after week 1, waiver order didn't reset and all players were shown as being ON WAIVERS until that Friday. We checked some settings, manually set waiver order and the first run (Wed AM last week) was fine.

Make sure your settings don't show a waiver run checked for Tuesday. Contact their support to see about any issues or to try to address for future weeks. Not sure if you're thinking to undo and let them run again, that's a very messy situation to get into. 

One more thing to look at, are the players that were not added shown as free agents, or on waivers? What about players that were cut, is their indication correct based on your settings?

3 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

We have waivers set to run every day, our first being Tuesday (Wed AM) and that went fine.

We did have some issue after week 1, waiver order didn't reset and all players were shown as being ON WAIVERS until that Friday. We checked some settings, manually set waiver order and the first run (Wed AM last week) was fine.

Make sure your settings don't show a waiver run checked for Tuesday. Contact their support to see about any issues or to try to address for future weeks. Not sure if you're thinking to undo and let them run again, that's a very messy situation to get into. 

One more thing to look at, are the players that were not added shown as free agents, or on waivers? What about players that were cut, is their indication correct based on your settings?

The box for Tuesday has been unchecked since 2013 and I haven’t touched the settings since then. Been completely fine until this week (including post week 1). No idea what the hell happened 

1 minute ago, Herois doses said:

The box for Tuesday has been unchecked since 2013 and I haven’t touched the settings since then. Been completely fine until this week (including post week 1). No idea what the hell happened 

i'm not implying you changed it, I'm saying VERIFY IT.  Whenever we have issues the first thing I do is verify our settings. We don't change things either, but this is computer software and data, not a stone tablet that cannot be easily altered. 

4 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

i'm not implying you changed it, I'm saying VERIFY IT.  Whenever we have issues the first thing I do is verify our settings. We don't change things either, but this is computer software and data, not a stone tablet that cannot be easily altered. 

Yes I verified it multiple times

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Herois doses said:

Heard the same happening to others (on another FF website's forum).

Yes. My league runs on Wednesday night and it processed last night... Problem bow is that we use the FAAB system for waivers. So, those who put their bids in early won, and now everyone can see the amount they bid. And many did not place their bids as they were waiting for today to do so.

So, now we have the problem of what do we do? Stand pat or is it still an open market?

Fairly big money league too.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

This happened in the big money industry main event high stakes league one year; can't remember if it was the now extinct WCOFF or the still thriving FFPC.  

This was blind bidding. 

Their solution was to let the early waiver run stand.   Then the regularly scheduled waiver period was only open to those who didn't win and/or bid in the early run (can't remember if it was limited to just bidding or actually winning an early run bid).  

Needless to say; there is no "clean" way to rectify a system wide programming error such as this. 

Edited by Bobby Brown
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, CBS_(the really bad word)ed_up said:

We have a 14 team league and 6 players were acquired by 4 people. Mark andrews the big one... it’s a tough situation 

I was up real early, couldn't sleep. I got Mark Andrews, Lamar Jackson, Dallas D and Emanuel Sanders which I have no idea how he was there. This was 2 different teams. My benches are complete. 

41 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

I was up real early, couldn't sleep. I got Mark Andrews, Lamar Jackson, Dallas D and Emanuel Sanders which I have no idea how he was there. This was 2 different teams. My benches are complete. 

So you are proud that you entered your waivers a full day early and were rewarded by a glitch?

4 hours ago, CBS_(the really bad word)ed_up said:

Yes. My league runs on Wednesday night and it processed last night... Problem bow is that we use the FAAB system for waivers. So, those who put their bids in early won, and now everyone can see the amount they bid. And many did not place their bids as they were waiting for today to do so.

So, now we have the problem of what do we do? Stand pat or is it still an open market?

Fairly big money league too.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Seems that the only fair thing to do is to roll back the changes and maybe go so far as to cancel waivers this week that way the known bid amounts don't matter as much. I doubt you can make everyone happy but IMHO this is the fairest thing to do.

19 hours ago, Chiefthawk said:

Seems that the only fair thing to do is to roll back the changes and maybe go so far as to cancel waivers this week that way the known bid amounts don't matter as much. I doubt you can make everyone happy but IMHO this is the fairest thing to do.

That would blow for a team losing a critical player or two, what if somebody had Brees and Ben as QBs, too bad no replacement for you.