[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

New player here. Need lineup help, and general advice.

Mythic_Inheritor

Hi all, I am new to fantasy this year and it's not going as well as I'd like. I am in a 6 man league, so everyone pretty much has top tier players. I am looking to improve how I position my lineups each week, and need to know what to look for when making those decisions. I would also like to see what my current lineup lacks, as I am not the most knowledgeable about depth.

This weeks performance really killed me. Here is how I scored this week.

QB: D. Watson @ CAR for 11.6

RB: T. Gurley @ TB for 26

RB: M. Ingram @ CLE for 8.1

WR: J. Edelman @ BUF for 7

WR: A. Cooper @ NO for 9.8

TE: T. Kelce @ DET for 15.5

FLX: B. Cooks @ TB for 13.1

D/ST: GB @ PHI for -1

K: J. Tucker @ CLE for 6

Total: 96.1

On my bench, I have...

QB: Tom Brady

RB: C. Carson

WR: P. Dorsett, J. Ross, and M. Hardman

TE: E. Engram and M. Andrews

Do you guys have any advice for maybe what I should look for, or what I am lacking? Anything at all at this point would be helpful, as the people I am playing with are scoring 110-150 each week.

Watson has had a tough start to the year- so anybody who has him can relate. Brady is probably the better start, depending on the matchup week to week. NE has a relatively easy schedule- but with that said- Hopkins and Watson are going to click at some point, and then you're in good shape. 

You're decent at RB, but both Gurley and Ingram have some question marks- one with injuries already known, the other with them almost expected to happen at some point, which could derail you. Carson is a monster for volume, especially with Penny hurt. 

Your top 3 at WR are pretty solid, but again have some question marks- mostly because Edelman's a little injury prone, LA's spreading out of targets, and Cooper tends to be a boom or bust type player- beyond that you have some WR3/4 potentials.

You've got three really solid TE's that are wasting away on your bench. Even in a 6 team league, you're still holding arguably 3 of the top 5 right now and going forward. 

I'd be looking to trade one of them (maybe even Kelce?!) to see what you can do to improve at either RB or WR. Maybe you can pull off a package deal and get someone super reliable- like an Evans or an Adams. Given the small league- you might want to consider something to bolster both positions. Package a Gurley/Ingram with Engram/Andrews for a RB1/WR1 that is a little more reliable- for RBs think Fournette, Chubb, Mixon, Mack, and for WR's think Evans, Adams, Thomas, etc. 

This will involve identifying who needs a TE, and seeing what you can snag out of their lineup. If that team happens to be off to a losing record? Even better. Pounce.

Yeah, you're gonna have to trade value to get value. Your have a good stock of second tier WRs but lacking that one stud guy you can depend on.  If you can trade on name value, you might could make some headway. I'd offer something like Kelce and Gurley for Chubb and Evans or something like that. The Evans owner may be a little worried about Godwin going off and may be ready to move on. The OBJ owner is probably getting a little nervous too. You're probably gonna balk at trading Kelce but you don't lose much going to another TE on your roster and he'll bring the most bang for your buck. The guy that drafted OJ Howard or Jared Cook or Njokue will sell high to solve his TE problem.

Solid info guys. Thanks.

I am definitely going to try and trade Engram or Andrews first for a better WR. I think I should be able to make a decent trade on that (I will update this thread with any offers I get!)

On that note, I get first round on waivers this week and am attempting to drop Hardman for Godwin as my first move.

Edited by Mythic_Inheritor

Nobody in my league wants to trade. It just isn't going to happen I'm afraid...

With that said, I managed to drop Ross from CIN and pick up Godwin. I also dropped Hardman and picked up R. Woods, and Dorsett and picked up Gallman as an extra RB.

Here is my updated roster:

QB: Brady @ WAS

RB: Gurley @ SEA (18.7 points)

RB: Ingram @ PIT

WR: Edelman @ WAS

WR: Cooper @ GB

TE: Kelce @ IND

FLX: Godwin @ NO

D/ST: TEN @ BUF

K: Tucker @ PIT

Benched:

QB: Watson

RB: Carson, Gallman

WR: Cooks, Woods

TE: Engram, Andrews

Should I shift any pieces around, or stay?