[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Colin trying out for NFL teams?

Comm1

46 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

It's not about kneeling. His hatred and disrespect

Kaepernick has stated many times his protest has nothing to do with the military.   It was an Army green beret veteran, Nate Boyer, who suggested he kneel as a sign of respect to veterans.  You're choosing to see interpret what Kaep does as hatred and disrespect to the military, because you want to.  This is really no different that people who were offended by civil war statues; they choose to be offended; they see the statues as symbols as hate and disrespect.  Both sides engage in political correctness; they are just oblivious to the fact they personally engage in it.  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Shaft said:

Those pig socks were distasteful in every sense, but in typical media fashion they showed it when they wanted to. He wore those at practices BEFORE he started kneeling. They could've called it out then, but it was used to add more fuel to a divisive fire. And they succeeded.

Then shame on the 49ers for allowing it.  Cops also protect him from crazy fans and keep people from running on the field and disrupting games.  The games where poor Kaep made millions while being so oppressed.

1 minute ago, LordOpie said:

lol, don't compare the two guys. Ali was and is a great human being.

also, Ali worked for himself. Kaep works for someone else and you cannot exercise 1A rights while at work unless your employer says it's okay, but then it must be okay for all employees.

Seriously???!!! History has been kind to Ali's legacy, but he was far more critical and divisive than Kaep at his time. I'm going to leave this alone because this veers from the point of this forum. But it's really scary how people can kiss one pig, but not another because of the shade of the lipstick.

Oh, and that "pig" I'm using has a different meaning before I get labeled something because someone chooses to see what they want.

Just now, LordOpie said:

my main 2 points are... you don't have 1a rights *at* work and I don't want anything at NFL games except football. It's an escape for me. Keep your (the really bad word)ing mouth shut and play. Even if I agree with you, just football.

For the record, the NBA handled this well when this happened with them over 20 years ago. They shut it down when Chris Jackson was doing something similar.

2 minutes ago, LordOpie said:

i don't watch basketball. what did they do?

2 things happened. The NBA handled it by suspending him for a game citing their policies. It didn't turn political at that stage, but unfortunately by time he turned 29 no team would sign him. Oh and he's considered one of the best shooters of all time. But it's believed his viewpoints got him blackballed.

https://www.theundefeated.com/features/abdul-rauf-doesnt-regret-sitting-out-national-anthem/amp/

• Thanks 1

Just now, LordOpie said:

kaep got blackballed. nba was right, but nfl was wrong?

Oh, I never said the NFL was wrong. I "try" to keep my opinion on this to myself because of my profession and because it's my opinion. I just get a little agitated when people go so extreme and clearly aren't aware of some history on similar topics.

I thought there would be some discussion of the actual workout or how he might fit with some NFL teams. Should have known it would degrade into a bunch of stupid posts about the past. 

I hated all the attention it got, blame our horrible media for that. His kneeling is only disrespectful to some, and there are many reports of veterans supporting him. They know they fought to defend our freedoms, not to stifle them. 

50 minutes ago, Shaft said:

Oh, I never said the NFL was wrong. I "try" to keep my opinion on this to myself because of my profession and because it's my opinion. I just get a little agitated when people go so extreme and clearly aren't aware of some history on similar topics.

Why can't you express your opinions openly? Are you being oppressed as well? You should kneel at work to show your displeasure. 

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

Why can't you express your opinions openly? Are you being oppressed as well? You should kneel at work to show your displeasure. 

Dude, you always have to take it to another level, don't you?:whack: